No announcement yet.

Should Charlo fight Canelo in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
    Mandatory for what belt? 1-2 to should be plenty for a guy who has never made that much. According to your logic we have seen in the past concerning flat rates.
    The WBC. Jermall has been mandatory for some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      The WBC. Jermall has been mandatory for some time now.
      Good thing Canelo can drop that one belt and still be the champ. Take the fight Jermall.

Comment

And take a flat fee of 1-2 million? It would be his biggest payday. According to many here, fighters should take the short end of the stick no matter what. If he doesnt is he ducking his biggest payday and Cashnelo?

unless fighters bring something to the table i dont see how they are getting ppv share from canelo...
        they need to beat the man to become the man, then the money will come...
        i see jacobs getting ppv share, he deserves some... dont know about the others...

Comment

The WBC president mandated that the winner of Canelo vs GGG fight Charlo and since Charlo is the mandatory, he could stall negotiations into a purse bid. That'd force Canelo to give him 25% or give up the belt.

I hope that they just come to an agreement however before then. Charlo doesn't deserve 25% at this time, but he deserves his title shot. That title is great leverage to have at 160, so Charlo should secure that even if it means he can't get Canelo right away due to him deciding to duck.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
            He really has no say.
            Pretty much this right here

Comment

And take a flat fee of 1-2 million? It would be his biggest payday. According to many here, fighters should take the short end of the stick no matter what. If he doesnt is he ducking his biggest payday and Cashnelo?

I doubt it's anything he has to worry about for a year at least.It's seems obvious to me the GGG and Canelo will make it other much richer when they fight each other for the 3rd time in May 2019. I doubt if Canelo has any intention of fighting low paying Jermall next. If Jermall wants a title shot he should concentrate on the other belts and forget the WBC belt until Canelo and GGG are done fighting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                The WBC president mandated that the winner of Canelo vs GGG fight Charlo and since Charlo is the mandatory, he could stall negotiations into a purse bid. That'd force Canelo to give him 25% or give up the belt.

I hope that they just come to an agreement however before then. Charlo doesn't deserve 25% at this time, but he deserves his title shot. That title is great leverage to have at 160, so Charlo should secure that even if it means he can't get Canelo right away due to him deciding to duck.
                He doesn't deserve ****. He beat absolutely nobody at 160. Canelo gonna do whatever he wants anyway and the WBC will get right behind him 100% guaranteed or he will just drop the title and there goes their big sanctioning fee they get when canelo defends that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  He doesn't deserve ****. He beat absolutely nobody at 160. Canelo gonna do whatever he wants anyway and the WBC will get right behind him 100% guaranteed or he will just drop the title and there goes their big sanctioning fee they get when canelo defends that title.
                  He fought himself into the mandatory position, so he indeed deserves "****". And I hate this narrative. What did Khan do to deserve Canelo or Chavez Jr?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    They only get around 250

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                      He fought himself into the mandatory position, so he indeed deserves "****". And I hate this narrative. What did Khan do to deserve Canelo or Chavez Jr?
                      They did nothing and that's what I'm saying, Canelo fights whoever he feels like fighting. He has been for years and will continue to do so and the WBC will fall in line guaranteed. I'll bet anything that they make some BS regualr title for Charlo to fight for.

And let's be honest here, charlo fought 2 guys who couldn't beat anyone in the top 10 right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X