Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko Wants Mikey Garcia Fight Right After Pedraza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling it now, arum will pitch a 70-30 split for Loma which Mikey will turn down. Arum will go back to media and say mikey declined a more than fair offer and is delusional about his value. Fight will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      We all know Mikey is going to price himself out.
      And then blame it on the other side as to why the fight didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        Notice how we always get these statements after his guys are signed up to fight others.

He's a good promoter I'll give him that.
        I don't think it's just when he says it, but how he says it:

May 15, 2018:

"With a Mikey Garcia [fight], it becomes like the second coming of Mayweather-Pacquiao," the 86-year-old Arum admitted.

"The negotiations will go on - I may be 90-years-old by the time negotiations finish. I'm tired of that. Whoever's the best available, whichever makes the most sense, that’s what we're gonna go after.

"If [Garcia] wants to fight, let him call me and I'll give him a number. If he doesn't like the number - f*** it - I ain't negotiating! It's because of the way he negotiates. If he's loyal to Showtime and they've been good to him, let him be loyal to Showtime - just don't bother me."

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-if-...chenko--128171

Now he knows they have bad blood, so that just makes it less likely the fight will happen! I think Mikey vs. Tank is the next best thing @ 135, and should be much easier to make! In the post-fight (Porter vs. Garcia) Tank said he's going to 135, and said nothing about Mares @ 130. What do you think about Mikey vs. Tank?

Comment

Id most definitely pay for this! Gypsy/Wilder, Spence/Garcia and May/Pac not even a thought of buying

Comment

Keep blaming Bob and his fighters. Even though Mikey and Spence are the ones that keep talking about being on opposite sides.
            If they really want the fight, both sides, they will find a way to make it happen.

Mikey hasn't made fights that people have wanted from him over the years, which is a shame. The names on his resume would be insane by now.
            Loma on the other hand has already made fights people wanted from him; people complain about it afterwards though.

Comment

Thats the difference between Loma and the cowardice bum beater GGG. Loma moves up in divisions and fights the best back to back. GGG on the other hand faced only bums until 2017 and is scared to move up at least to 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                this fight is slowly building itself, probably spring of 2019 they will fight.

now I love how folks always complain, whether its Don King or Bob Arum..because of them we never see any great fights. because of them we actually Witness great fights.. ya ****** blind sheep. Arum is hiding Pacman, Arum is protecting Lomachenko. oh my...
                They planned Cinco de Mayo as date for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I don't think it's just when he says it, but how he says it:

May 15, 2018:

"With a Mikey Garcia [fight], it becomes like the second coming of Mayweather-Pacquiao," the 86-year-old Arum admitted.

"The negotiations will go on - I may be 90-years-old by the time negotiations finish. I'm tired of that. Whoever's the best available, whichever makes the most sense, that’s what we're gonna go after.

"If [Garcia] wants to fight, let him call me and I'll give him a number. If he doesn't like the number - f*** it - I ain't negotiating! It's because of the way he negotiates. If he's loyal to Showtime and they've been good to him, let him be loyal to Showtime - just don't bother me."

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-if-...chenko--128171

Now he knows they have bad blood, so that just makes it less likely the fight will happen! I think Mikey vs. Tank is the next best thing @ 135, and should be much easier to make! In the post-fight (Porter vs. Garcia) Tank said he's going to 135, and said nothing about Mares @ 130. What do you think about Mikey vs. Tank?
                  Mikey sparks him out. Mikey is just too strong to worry about anything Tank would throw at him. Tank doesn't box well enough to beat him. I only give the kid a puncher's chance with Loma.

I like Tank but I don't even think he's a better fighter than Broner was at 130 - 135.

Comment

If true, Loma is going in for all the marbles around 130-135lbs!

This fight has to happen before Mikey faces Spence (if he ever does). While I'd root for Mikey vs Loma, I wouldn't want to hear any excuses of Mikey had to come back down in weight after a Spence beating (aka the Brook excuse).
                    Last edited by Afi23; 09-19-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MalaysiaPac View Post
                      What are you talking about? Arum been saying that Loma wants Mikey. This is not a secret.

“I don’t believe that,” Arum told me. “We have a very good relationship with his brother Robert. He doesn’t want to fight Loma because Loma beats him. If Mikey indicated he wanted to fight Loma, assuming Loma wins in December, then Loma would want to fight him. We could sit over a weekend and hash out a deal.
                      I don't think anybody doubts what Loma wants. He's a fighter, and damn good one too. It's what Bob wants that's in question lol

Comment

Working...
                      X