Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko Wants Mikey Garcia Fight Right After Pedraza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    Mikey sparks him out. Mikey is just too strong to worry about anything Tank would throw at him. Tank doesn't box well enough to beat him. I only give the kid a puncher's chance with Loma.

I like Tank but I don't even think he's a better fighter than Broner was at 130 - 135.
    Mikey sparks Tank. Tank is a frontrunner and when he gets hit a few times you will see his true identity. He aint ready for either Loma or Garcia. I would like to see Tank with a guy like Berchedt first. Please Make Loma Pedraza and Garcia Commey, winers fight then Mikey can move up later to spence or whoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      “The only conversation I had was with Robert,” Arum said. “I said, ‘Tell your brother to shut the ***** up. Lomachenko is fighting Pedraza in December. And if he wins, I promise you I’ll sit down with Mikey right after that fight and try to make a fight with Loma.’ That’s the best I can do. I’m not gonna sit [down with him] now and make the fight, when [Lomachenko] has a fight coming up. - Bob Arum

Yeah, I don't know if that's how you get it done? If Mikey really doesn't have the support of his family for Spence, then he should call Floyd, and see if he can get a fight with Tank Davis @ 135, even if that means vacating the IBF belt! It's not a PPV fight, but it would do well, and it would be awesome as an undercard fight if Mayweather vs. Pac 2 is real!
      Tank doesn’t want that smoke. The sad thing is is that I rate Tank but I don’t think he is dedicated to the game. On talent alone he will beat up on all the fighters he has been adroitly matched with. However the Lomachenkos and the Garcia’s of this world will eat him alive. I always really know a fighters true ability when I see them in a dog fight or face adversity and see how they respond in that squared circle. Loma had it with Salido which is a horrible blemish to be fair but his second pro fight and the way he fought back was admirable. Spence with Kell Brook. I don’t care what anyone says the early rounds Brook was handling Spence. Crawford he has crazy ability in abundance but he is yet to be truly tested( don’t say Gamboa ,he is a midget) which is why I would give the nod to beat him in an all out Dog fight.

As for Tank who should really be a 135 with the size of his face would lose to Mikey as he is seasoned and disciplined.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        Tank doesn’t want that smoke. The sad thing is is that I rate Tank but I don’t think he is dedicated to the game. On talent alone he will beat up on all the fighters he has been adroitly matched with. However the Lomachenkos and the Garcia’s of this world will eat him alive. I always really know a fighters true ability when I see them in a dog fight or face adversity and see how they respond in that squared circle. Loma had it with Salido which is a horrible blemish to be fair but his second pro fight and the way he fought back was admirable. Spence with Kell Brook. I don’t care what anyone says the early rounds Brook was handling Spence. Crawford he has crazy ability in abundance but he is yet to be truly tested( don’t say Gamboa ,he is a midget) which is why I would give the nod to beat him in an all out Dog fight.

As for Tank who should really be a 135 with the size of his face would lose to Mikey as he is seasoned and disciplined.
        Yeah Tank would get worked. He isnt disciplined and he is spending alot of time with guys like Broner, charlos. Not a good crowd to run with. If i am Spence i stay away form those guys. I think Berchedt would be a good test for tank if he beats Roman.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
          Thats the difference between Loma and the cowardice bum beater GGG. Loma moves up in divisions and fights the best back to back. GGG on the other hand faced only bums until 2017 and is scared to move up at least to 168.
          Loma is the truth and I can admit I was a hater at first until he made my boy Rigo quit and I haven’t seen him since

Comment

I don't think it's just when he says it, but how he says it:

May 15, 2018:

"With a Mikey Garcia [fight], it becomes like the second coming of Mayweather-Pacquiao," the 86-year-old Arum admitted.

"The negotiations will go on - I may be 90-years-old by the time negotiations finish. I'm tired of that. Whoever's the best available, whichever makes the most sense, that’s what we're gonna go after.

"If [Garcia] wants to fight, let him call me and I'll give him a number. If he doesn't like the number - f*** it - I ain't negotiating! It's because of the way he negotiates. If he's loyal to Showtime and they've been good to him, let him be loyal to Showtime - just don't bother me."

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-if-...chenko--128171

Now he knows they have bad blood, so that just makes it less likely the fight will happen! I think Mikey vs. Tank is the next best thing @ 135, and should be much easier to make! In the post-fight (Porter vs. Garcia) Tank said he's going to 135, and said nothing about Mares @ 130. What do you think about Mikey vs. Tank?
            Robert also said recently he doesn’t want to see Loma-Mikey until about 4-5 years. You never seem to make those points. Robert also confirmed he spoke to Arum so there’s probably some truth in their meeting.

What I will say is that if Mikey hasn’t fought either Spence or Loma within the next two fights it’s a bad look the way he went on about wanting Spence.

Comment

Hopefully this fight happen in 2019 the sooner the better and hopefully it’s at MSG! I think that’s the place for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                Mikey sparks him out. Mikey is just too strong to worry about anything Tank would throw at him. Tank doesn't box well enough to beat him. I only give the kid a puncher's chance with Loma.

I like Tank but I don't even think he's a better fighter than Broner was at 130 - 135.
                Really? I think Tank gives Mikey a long night, possibly beats him! Tank hits hard, and he's southpaw, so fighting Tank would be great prep for Loma! It would probably be a nice payday too, much better than fighting Commey! Commey is (unfortunately for him) high-risk, low-reward!

Comment

Ok Now We Talking! Make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

I'm not so sure! I love Mikey but I haven't seen him in the ring with some with the speed and power of Tank in a while! Broner wouldn't let his hands go, but Tank will! Tank is also southpaw! I would like Mikey vs. Tank much more than Mikey vs. Commey!

Comment

Really? I think Tank gives Mikey a long night, possibly beats him! Tank hits hard, and he's southpaw, so fighting Tank would be great prep for Loma! It would probably be a nice payday too, much better than fighting Commey! Commey is (unfortunately for him) high-risk, low-reward!
                      Good point Bronx, Tank does have spped to kind of mimick Loma. I just dont think he has heart or experience to deal with Mikey.

Comment

Working...
                      X