Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'm Quite Worried, Povetkin is Tough Fight For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Nothing to worry about! Povetkin is no longer on PEDs and he just turned 39 in September! He also went 12 in 2 of his last 3 fights, so his power is not the same! He did KO David Price, but it's David Price! Price was also KO'd by Christian Hammer in 2017!
    That's very true!! Lol I think he's trying to sell the fight on this one. Like you said Povetkin is knocking on the door of being 40 years old for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
      Indeed this will be a tough fight. I don't think Povetkin would be a walk in the park like many think.

Sure Joshua is the favorite going in but it's never wise to under estimate your opponent and Povetkin only has one loss and that is to Klitschko.

I think Joshua would probably win but I'm cheering for my man Povetkin.

WAR POVETKIN!!!
      Dude come on. Povetkin is nowhere near where he was on the juice 5 years ago and even that version got dominated by Klitschko

Comment

It is a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
          That's very true!! Lol I think he's trying to sell the fight on this one. Like you said Povetkin is knocking on the door of being 40 years old for crying out loud.
          I don't blame Hearn, he's just doing his job, but nobody is buying it!

Comment

Personally I don't mind if Povetkin bests Joshua, as long as the winner fights Wilder Fury winner.

Comment

I don’t like Eddie Hearn but by basically said what I’ve been saying about Povetkin. I don’t understand why people are so easily discounting Povetkin as bringing a competitive fight to Joshua. But I said all of this below almost verbatim. Now if Joshua gets him out of there easily, VERY impressive.

Hearn:
              “Povetkin is very well schooled; he’s a former Olympic gold medallist himself and has just one defeat on his record – to Wladimir Klitschko.
              “He can punch, he’s got a great chin and he’s got a great engine.He’s technically very sound, he’s an accurate puncher and he has way more experience than Anthony Joshua.”

Comment

Joshua deserves to be the favorite, obviously, but Povetkin has at least 2 avenues to victory. Povetkin's inside game and Joshua's tendency to run out of gas.

The odds I'm seeing for a bet on Povetkin are hovering around 8-1, so I'm thinking of dropping $100 on that Russian PED cheat. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Save it for David, fool!!!!

Comment

This is how promoters sound when they have mismatches and fights that the authentic boxing fans do not want to see!!!!!!

Comment

It's not the fight people want to see, and I doubt it will be that competitive. Povetkin's only hope is if he lands a lucky shot

Comment

Working...
                      X