No announcement yet.

"They robbed Gennady Golovkin" - Paulie Malignaggi's Canelo vs GGG II reaction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Ggg must have felt he was winning as he knew he was landing more punches than nelo. But in the other hand Ggg knew he was 118-110 down on one judges card in first.
    I'm sure Frasier punches were having more effect than Alis and Ali couldn't keep Frasier off of him. But Ali still won.
    You do realise Frazier won the first fight right?

Comment

Paulie made pretty good points especially how Golovkin's punches look compared to Canelo's(Since Canelo puts more effort into his punches to generate more power, they tend to look more impressive compared to Golovkin's who doesn't have to put as much effort but as a result, they don't look as impressive from first glance)

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
        thre is a video of the fight uploaded online with NO commentary whatsoever. Watching that 10th round, Canelo really beat the hell out of GGG. He controlled most of the round until GGG landed a punch at the 1:40 mark, then missed about 10 straight. Canelo hit him with a combination and finished the round out punching him. How could anyone give that round to GGG is beyond my knowledge. I don't pay attention to Lampley anyway so I wasn't fooled initially. When you watch that fight without commentary, it looks like a complete domination
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5OMPbuRxoo
        Round was pretty close until GGG landed that right as you mentioned, was the best punch of the round.
        You say Canelo finished the round out-punching him? Golovkin landed one of his few body shots he threw in the fight with a right hook at :36, traded left hooks at :26 but both blocked, landed a jab at :23, then overhand right at :11, then another overhand & couple more jabs before the round ended. Saul didn't land a single clean punch during that span. Suggest you get your eyes checked.

You do know that all 3 judges gave that round to GGG right? 98% of the media as well! No one I've talked to even suggests that round was Saul's. It's not the round you want to plant Canelo's flag on, but ok.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
          Round was pretty close until GGG landed that right as you mentioned, was the best punch of the round.
          You say Canelo finished the round out-punching him? Golovkin landed one of his few body shots he threw in the fight with a right hook at :36, traded left hooks at :26 but both blocked, landed a jab at :23, then overhand right at :11, then another overhand & couple more jabs before the round ended. Saul didn't land a single clean punch during that span. Suggest you get your eyes checked.

You do know that all 3 judges gave that round to GGG right? 98% of the media as well! No one I've talked to even suggests that round was Saul's. It's not the round you want to plant Canelo's flag on, but ok.
          one punch doesn't win a round. Especially when you're being dominated. Still don't know why they gave that 10th to him, but at least they got the decision right. Canelo dominated the 10th , GGG lands the punch that Lampley creamed his pants over and then lands 4 or 5 more punches for the remaining minute and 20 seconds of the round and that wins the round? haha. ok. but they got it right in the end

Comment

If GGG got robbed then malignaggi himself got robbed against Cotto. It was the exact same fight.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
              one punch doesn't win a round. Especially when you're being dominated. Still don't know why they gave that 10th to him, but at least they got the decision right. Canelo dominated the 10th , GGG lands the punch that Lampley creamed his pants over and then lands 4 or 5 more punches for the remaining minute and 20 seconds of the round and that wins the round? haha. ok. but they got it right in the end
              You obviously have no idea what you're even watching through those rose colored glasses "buddy". It was a simple 1-2 punch combo followed by a straight left, not one punch btw. You just claimed he went on to miss 10 straight punches! Then you said Canelo closed out the round out-punching him yet I gave you time stamps of 6 punches that GGG landed in the last :36 seconds to Canelo's none. You reply back 4-5 punches in the last 1:20? You just make shjt up & change the goal posts. I could give more examples & keep making gifs but this only helps people that actually want to learn & have a level head, seems you have neither.

I'm more than willing to discuss the fight, round by round with people that have logical arguments but you're simply full blown fanboy & I'm afraid the finer points will be lost on you with nothing to gain, so I'll simply leave it here. Not looking to argue with people, rather have a discussion. Not sure you know the difference. G'luck.

Comment

Corrupted to the core....this sport is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by MalaysiaPac View Post
                  Now Paulie goes back to being a bum that doesnt know jack about boxing lol ...

Cats on here says Paulie is very knowledgeable when it comes to boxing and analyzing it. Wonder how they feel about this one?
                  Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                  Paulie is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    I always said that

Paulie is an idiot and as a fighter he was mediocre

I remember when they robbed Cano

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                      You obviously have no idea what you're even watching through those rose colored glasses "buddy". It was a simple 1-2 punch combo followed by a straight left, not one punch btw. You just claimed he went on to miss 10 straight punches! Then you said Canelo closed out the round out-punching him yet I gave you time stamps of 6 punches that GGG landed in the last :36 seconds to Canelo's none. You reply back 4-5 punches in the last 1:20? You just make shjt up & change the goal posts. I could give more examples & keep making gifs but this only helps people that actually want to learn & have a level head, seems you have neither.

I'm more than willing to discuss the fight, round by round with people that have logical arguments but you're simply full blown fanboy & I'm afraid the finer points will be lost on you with nothing to gain, so I'll simply leave it here. Not looking to argue with people, rather have a discussion. Not sure you know the difference. G'luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X