No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Will Likely Rest, Evaluate Options For 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    You can't logically "duck" a fight for way less money. The only one who has ever ducked anything has been Floyd because he ducked Manny when that was the biggest pay day for him.
    I gotta disagree with you on that one. I'm not a Floyd fan, I can't stand him to be honest but you do remember Floyd was willing to fight Manny back in 09 but Manny refused random blood testing, right??
    So how did Floyd duck Manny??

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
      and even then he was robbed twice and won against a proven PED user. So go figure who is the good guy and who are the bad guys, please include yourself and your heart on one of the sides.

Deep down inside you know how it feels to be given a gift you did not deserve.
      So you dont feel Canelo deserved the win this past Saturday? You don't think it was a close, competitive fight??

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        So you dont feel Canelo deserved the win this past Saturday? You don't think it was a close, competitive fight??

It was definitely a close competitive fight.

However, looking through media and even Canelo's own fan base on his FB page the vast majority still seem to have GGG winning, with many of that still believing a draw would have been acceptable. Now when Canelo's own fans are disappointed in the outcome because they want him to EARN his win and not be given a gift, that speaks volumes.

Back to you're original statement. Since when in boxing is a close competitive fight supposed to be given to the challenger? Aren't you supposed to BEAT THE CHAMP? Not just manage to muscle out a close competitive fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Metacom View Post
          It was definitely a close competitive fight.

However, looking through media and even Canelo's own fan base on his FB page the vast majority still seem to have GGG winning, with many of that still believing a draw would have been acceptable. Now when Canelo's own fans are disappointed in the outcome because they want him to EARN his win and not be given a gift, that speaks volumes.

Back to you're original statement. Since when in boxing is a close competitive fight supposed to be given to the challenger? Aren't you supposed to BEAT THE CHAMP? Not just manage to muscle out a close competitive fight?
          I was there at the T mobile arena and I didn't see any Canelo fans dissapointed. As far as the fight I had it a draw but I was drunk so I'll have to wait and watch the fight on TV on Saturday night when HBO shows a replay... But even a one point swing the other way isn't a robbery. It was a great close fight and either fighter could have won it.
          Triple g fans are still butthurt over the loss but they gotta admit they are dissapointed the way Triple g fought and Triple g not knocking out Canelo after everyone thought Canelo would get knocked out if he stood toe to toe against Triple g...
          Plus Triple g fans kept saying Canelo would get knocked out cause he wasn't on the juice anymore...
          I'm sure you remember all that...

Comment

Winner of Mayweather-Pacquiao vs GGG??? Leoffler is crazy. At which weight? 154??? GGG can't make it. Even if he makes he will look like zombie, and will get beaten badly.

It is annoying if he tries to get Clenelo again. Clenelo will kill him physically (in the fight) and mentally (in negotiations). This time Clenelo will demand more than 80% split of money.

Move on. Fight Saunders, Charlo, Jacobs.

But please don't fight Murata or someone in his level.

Comment

So Canelo wants to fight in December and GGG wants to be off until the end of 2019 to recover. That's tells you who put the beat down who. GGG got battered Messican style.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                So Canelo wants to fight in December and GGG wants to be off until the end of 2019 to recover. That's tells you who put the beat down who. GGG got battered Messican style.
                I didn’t know this^^^^^ thanks for the information.

Canelo hurt GGG bad to that body..

Comment

I was there at the T mobile arena and I didn't see any Canelo fans dissapointed. As far as the fight I had it a draw but I was drunk so I'll have to wait and watch the fight on TV on Saturday night when HBO shows a replay... But even a one point swing the other way isn't a robbery. It was a great close fight and either fighter could have won it.
                  Triple g fans are still butthurt over the loss but they gotta admit they are dissapointed the way Triple g fought and Triple g not knocking out Canelo after everyone thought Canelo would get knocked out if he stood toe to toe against Triple g...
                  Plus Triple g fans kept saying Canelo would get knocked out cause he wasn't on the juice anymore...
                  I'm sure you remember all that...

I'm a GGG fan and I was a Canelo fan up until he dropped his belt to avoid a clash with GGG and age him a few more years. Kind of killed my respect.

That said, I'm not super impressed with the way GGG fought, but also not disappointed. And I am highly impressed with the balls Canelo showed in that fight.

That said, I refer back to a fight that close shouldn't go to the challenger. A challenger should have to convince the public he earned those belts.

I like many had GGG up, but I wouldn't have been the least bit upset with a draw. Those belts were given to Canelo because he's the money fighter just starting to get on his prime. GGG does okay with money but he's also at the twilight of his career.

Given how close the fight was, I might not call it a robbery but it was definitely a theft from GGG and a gift to Canelo.

The last fight was a strait up theft, and an embarrassment to boxing that Bird wasn't barred from ever judging again for her card.

As for Canelo fans, his first FB post after his win was a slew of his admitted fans disappointed in the outcome because he didn't earn that win. Where usually his page is Mexican nationals that rever him almost as a hero. Come to think of it, Mexican TV didn't even have canelo winning that fight.

Comment

Of course he doesnt! He had GGG winning by 8/9 rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by Metacom View Post
                      I'm a GGG fan and I was a Canelo fan up until he dropped his belt to avoid a clash with GGG and age him a few more years. Kind of killed my respect.

That said, I'm not super impressed with the way GGG fought, but also not disappointed. And I am highly impressed with the balls Canelo showed in that fight.

That said, I refer back to a fight that close shouldn't go to the challenger. A challenger should have to convince the public he earned those belts.

I like many had GGG up, but I wouldn't have been the least bit upset with a draw. Those belts were given to Canelo because he's the money fighter just starting to get on his prime. GGG does okay with money but he's also at the twilight of his career.

Given how close the fight was, I might not call it a robbery but it was definitely a theft from GGG and a gift to Canelo.

The last fight was a strait up theft, and an embarrassment to boxing that Bird wasn't barred from ever judging again for her card.

As for Canelo fans, his first FB post after his win was a slew of his admitted fans disappointed in the outcome because he didn't earn that win. Where usually his page is Mexican nationals that rever him almost as a hero. Come to think of it, Mexican TV didn't even have canelo winning that fight.
                      Well at the end of the day the only opinions that matter are the three judges scoring the fight and they had Canelo winning so that's all there is to it..

Comment

Working...
                      X