Collapse
No announcement yet.

Number of Punches Determines a Winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Pandas had a great idea to have micro chips recording hits and the power of each hits hidden in each glove.
    It would give a more un-biased assessment of who scored the better more meaningful punches plus give an accurate account if who landed the majority.
    Ring generalship, affective aggression, and iq between rnds could still be subjective to interpretation.

Comment

Winky Wright would have beaten Jermain Taylor 226-163.

No draw.

No controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        I think Pandas had a great idea to have micro chips recording hits and the power of each hits hidden in each glove.
        It would give a more un-biased assessment of who scored the better more meaningful punches plus give an accurate account if who landed the majority.
        Ring generalship, affective aggression, and iq between rnds could still be subjective to interpretation.
        Good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Points fighting is fking awful to watch. You end up with guys just poking each other with jabs and not talking any chances.

I'm ok with the system we have now, even if it means garbage decisions here and there. The solution isn't to ruin boxing but to get better judges. Unfortunately, that's on the commissions so the argument needs to be taken up with them.
          Agreed... you get two kangaroo fighting each other.

Comment

Oscar De la Hoya would have won his rematch with Shane Mosley by an astounding 221-127.

Joe Calzaghe beats B-Hop 232-127.

Comment

For those who thought Lara beat Canelo, the punch stats agree with you-107-97.

Comment

I ask myself which fighter would I have rather been in that round. The fighter that put more hurt on his opponent should win the round. Ring generalship, punches landed, defensive prowess, bruises, swelling and cuts (superficial skin damage), pretty dance moves and fast reflexes to avoid punches don't score points and don't matter when it comes to putting "the hurt on". This is fighting. The guy who hurt the other guy more should win the round. This is what makes judging so difficult when it's a competitive fight.

Comment

No, simply because effective defense and ring generalship also play a factor in scoring each round.

Comment

The 10 point system should change too. When a fighter wins a round emphatically, he should get extra points. The scores would look pretty wild if you had judges that did this sort of point scoring....ex. 120 to 87.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                      No, simply because effective defense and ring generalship also play a factor in scoring each round.
                      No they don't.

If you have the best defense and ring generalship anyone has ever seen and the other guy did more damage and outlanded you or landed the better shots, you still lost the round.

Defense and ring generalship mean zero if the other guy outlanded you or landed better shots.

What is this dancing with the stars? This is the hurt game, You score damage.

Comment

Working...
                      X