Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbiased posters weigh in on how ggg can win a third fight if it materialises.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbiased posters weigh in on how ggg can win a third fight if it materialises.

Im curious can golovkin change or do anything better in a third fight? I think a more measured approach would help. He burned a hell of a lot of energy in missed punches.

Why oh why wont he throw caution to the wind and throw more punches at canelos body. He's not worried about counters he was getting hit with heavy shots headhunting so that doesnt make sense.

Golovkin cant win on cards in vegas money talks and nelo has more money Making appeal long term then a on his way out ggg.

I appreciate both fighters its a fuked up situation really ggg won the first fight closely. But canelo learned more from the first fight and made many changes which I give credit for but although the 2nd fight was closer I still had g winning by a round.

He needs a knock out to win. Even if he would have scored one knockdown Saturday the fight ends in a draw. Perhaps a commitment to body punches in first half of fight may have helped him down the stretch. He once again neglected the body and Canelo had enough steam to finish strong. I still think GGG won both fights, but if he expects to win a rubber match in Vegas, he will have to do something drastically different. Maybe a new trainer can help. He should talk to Freddy Roach.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      He needs a knock out to win. Even if he would have scored one knockdown Saturday the fight ends in a draw. Perhaps a commitment to body punches in first half of fight may have helped him down the stretch. He once again neglected the body and Canelo had enough steam to finish strong. I still think GGG won both fights, but if he expects to win a rubber match in Vegas, he will have to do something drastically different. Maybe a new trainer can help. He should talk to Freddy Roach.
      Completely agree bro. I dont get how someone with gggs experience neglects the body altogether seems strange. Canelos got a great chin so golovkin would be wise to target stoppage via bodyshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablos15 View Post
        Im curious can golovkin change or do anything better in a third fight? I think a more measured approach would help. He burned a hell of a lot of energy in missed punches.

Why oh why wont he throw caution to the wind and throw more punches at canelos body. He's not worried about counters he was getting hit with heavy shots headhunting so that doesnt make sense.

Golovkin cant win on cards in vegas money talks and nelo has more money Making appeal long term then a on his way out ggg.

I appreciate both fighters its a fuked up situation really ggg won the first fight closely. But canelo learned more from the first fight and made many changes which I give credit for but although the 2nd fight was closer I still had g winning by a round.
        He can’t. He had canelo almost out on his feet in this fight and still couldn’t knock him down. Canelo is his Everest. He ain’t climbing to the top. GGG is my fav fighter but I had him losing 115-113. He gave away 3 of the first 4 rounds and canelo stole another 2. Canelo wanted it more and showed heart because he was getting hit with some brutal shots. I still hate the dirty ginger but he fought a great fight

Comment

I was surprised GGG let Canelo control the movement of the fight as much as he did. I expected a repeat of the first fight or I expected Canelo to keep his distance but control where the fight took place at like I thought he did well in the first fight while staying in the pocket longer when things were going his way & taking less time off which I think cost him a W in the first fight.

So GGG giving Canelo some serious competition for the real estate in the ring & not just jabbing so much would have made the fight more like a fight I could see GGG winning. Last time GGG brought a gun to a knife fight while Canelo looked shy with his knife, this time Canelo brought a gun to a knife fight as GGG looked shy with his knife. F#cking weird. So yea GGG doing GGG sh^t gives him a much better chance to win.

And I think the most obvious tactic is doing more body shots. To me its the most basic thing in the world in a 12 round fight to throw body shots on the guy with stamina issues. I got no clue wtf Abel was thinking to not be going Angel Garcia style on GGG between rounds on throwing some body shots in the mix more often.

So yea I think GGG can win the 3rd fight if it were to happen, but they need to act like they've been there & are learning something. But honestly if they do fight again I think I'd be just as confident as this time that Canelo wins despite it being competitive cuz GGG's age is a problem, his ring IQ is a problem, his trainer isn't helping enough in big fights & I don't think GGG is willing to take THAT big of a risk as he must see it to not fight with more passion then he's already given in his biggest fights with so much on the line.

Comment

There is no way he can win. GGG and Canelo are evenly matched.

The first fight showed GGG will not get a decision in Vegas even when he should. The second could have gone either way.

So GGG would need to score a KO, for which the chances are very, VERY slim.

Comment

Bodywork. He has to risk it.

Comment

he's no longer in 365 clean boxing program. He can juice for 3 months. get off and go into the 3rd match like Hulkez and sleep Clenelo.

Comment

He needs to stand in the middle of the ring and not give an inch. And when Canelo throws he needs to trade. If he wants to win he can't cover up and take a step back when Canelo lets his combinations go.

Comment

He won both fights, one thing is to win, one thing is to have the judges on a payroll.

Comment

Working...
                    X