Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbiased posters weigh in on how ggg can win a third fight if it materialises.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
    He's my favorite fighter since Kessler, they both have similar character virtues...or should I say flaws in this line of work. Saul gets a lot of respect for how he came out this fight, rightly so but there were a few moments (in both fights actually) that Golovkin could have roughed him up some, however Gennady would always step back & reset. He constantly gives respect in the ring by acknowledging opponents blows as well or their skill in maneuvers. He needs to get fk'n mean. Mad dog him. Not dirty, just more physical.

To be honest, I feel it's about guts & getting your hands dirty. I used to think GGG was an absolute killer, but he's too much of a gentleman, similar to how Wlad was. He needs to become more Vitali if he hopes to get a decision against Canelo. This is not to say that he's soft by any stretch, simply too respectful. For what? The cheater's a good boxer but he's gotten all the advantages that you've been denied. He needs a chip & perhaps this loss finally makes him realize it. Working smarter, not necessarily harder.

Wasn't sure if any of the talk he has done over the past 6 months would translate into the ring or not, it didn't...he needs to change that. He had plenty of fuel to be enraged but he still showed way too much respect. Work the body, get more physical, use your strength & size as an advantage, then rub his face in it. When you're opponent is tired you need to lean on him, not give him more space! I think he outboxed Canelo this bout but that's not going to always work, you need to know when to work all your advantages, he's not doing so.

Could swear the TS asked for unbiased opinions yet you three knuckleheads offer nothing to a conversation & think people gave a crap what you even have to say? Low hanging fruit? At least bring some valid points if you don't like a guy, really raising that bar here!
    I have this movie playing on netflix right now, lol

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
      Could swear the TS asked for unbiased opinions yet you three knuckleheads offer nothing to a conversation & think people gave a crap what you even have to say? Low hanging fruit? At least bring some valid points if you don't like a guy, really raising that bar here!
      That's because my opinions aren't opinions, they are FACTS!

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        I have this movie playing on netflix right now, lol
        Sorry for the spoilers! An ATG!

Comment

stay agressive, but I doubt it! canelo is,smart and has good boxing skills... the only way for ggg to beat canelo is to ko him, and that would open the possibility of himself getting ko'd, too!!

Comment

Ggg ha s to ko Nell to get a draw

Comment

He needs to take a beating in order to walk Canelo down. Canelo is faster, so he will most of the time be there first. Canelo also has an iron chin, which means he is not afraid to take a few to land more. For Golovkin this means he needs to think of him as of Kell Brook. Walk him down, take a lot of damage and eventually stop him.

Can he do it, without getting stopped himself... I am not sure at this stage.

Comment

I just caught up on the fight now..... I didn't actually see many opportunities for GGG to go to the body, he was getting tagged with right hands constantly and so it's natural to try and keep distance against a big puncher with fast hands. He had to keep his right hand in defence and work the jab. Canelo was walking him down very effectively and GGG had to back off.

It's easy to say GGG should do this or that, but you're not the one taking huge power shots every time you're in range.....

Comment

Well, he beat Canelo twice imo. I don't know what more the man can do outside of more body work.

He won't knock Canelo out. He won't get a decision. He should take the third fight and cash out.

He should use the Clubber Lang angle and say he rejects Canelo's challenge because he is no challenge but he'll be happy to beat up on him some more.

Comment

Working...
                  X