Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Jermall Charlo can beat Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Hahaha.

Well Lennox could, but I think he'd be a bit too big for Joe.
    Ok, well what about the even more legendary Mexican-American great Heavyweight Muhammad Ali? Surely he's too quick?

Also the great Mexican champion Roy Jones in his prime would have been tough for Calzaghe.

Comment

Canelo is very good, but he can be beaten...it will be another American who does the job...possibly a Charlo or maybe even a Spence...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Ok, well what about the even more legendary Mexican-American great Heavyweight Muhammad Ali? Surely he's too quick?

Also the great Mexican champion Roy Jones in his prime would have been tough for Calzaghe.
        Ali had one of the worst defences in Heavyweight history. When you get hit a lot and lose to limited fighters such as Norton, Shavers ( Ali lost that one) and Frazier and the like, then there is no way he's coming out of the Lewis fight without a bad beating and a lopsided loss.

I think Calzaghe pushes Jones to the ropes and tees off all night. Calzaghe would take it on the inside where Jones couldn't fight and take a decision. I know a lot wouldn't agree with that, and I understand Jones would be the favourite, but I think Joe is all wrong for him. The southpaw Jab would also be a massive problem for him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          Ali had one of the worst defences in Heavyweight history. When you get hit a lot and lose to limited fighters such as Norton, Shavers ( Ali lost that one) and Frazier and the like, then there is no way he's coming out of the Lewis fight without a bad beating and a lopsided loss.

I think Calzaghe pushes Jones to the ropes and tees off all night. Calzaghe would take it on the inside where Jones couldn't fight and take a decision. I know a lot wouldn't agree with that, and I understand Jones would be the favourite, but I think Joe is all wrong for him. The southpaw Jab would also be a massive problem for him as well.
          I was joking about these fights since Mexican Clown acts like every American fighter also represents Mexico and refuses to seperate them because he knows Mexico is embarrassingly behind Mexico in Boxing.

But I'll delve into those MM's. Ali wasn't at his peak for those bouts. Norton just had a style that was just a tough nut for him to crack. His mettle and greatness was really proven by the Foreman and Liston wins. His speed would have been really difficult not to mention his mentality in achieving big moments. Lewis' Achilles heel was that he could get complacent and his chin could fail when it did but he obviously wouldn't get complacent with Ali and Ali's punch wouldn't be too big a deal for him. It's a hard match for Ali given Lewis' schooling and technique but I think the best of Ali is a little quick for every heavyweight.

Calzaghe I am firm would beat a younger Hopkins and my guy James Toney due to his energy, underrated intelligence where he could at least compete with theirs and his determination but I think Jones had that perfect blend of speed and power that would make Joe think a little more and slow him down. Jones was something special in his prime. I'd have to go with the Mexican here in a good fight.

Comment

These dudes actually think Joe Calzaghe is one of "The Greats"...LMAOOOO!!

Credibility ruined...like Ward ruined their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
              These dudes actually think Joe Calzaghe is one of "The Greats"...LMAOOOO!!

Credibility ruined...like Ward ruined their lives.
              I'm certain you had high hopes for Lacy and picked him. I remember being in a vast minority that picked Calzaghe but everyone pretends they picked Calzaghe. All the nationalistic fans who think foreign fighters suck picked Lacy big.

He probably ruined more lives than Ward's and also made a lot of folks change user names.

46 tried, 46 failed.

Comment

Hard to say. Centeno and the injured Argentine offered zero resistance so we haven't seen him tested at 160.

I hope Canelo stays active and takes a December fight. Focus on the big names for 2019, Saunders and Jermall preferably.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  I was joking about these fights since Mexican Clown acts like every American fighter also represents Mexico and refuses to seperate them because he knows Mexico is embarrassingly behind Mexico in Boxing.

But I'll delve into those MM's. Ali wasn't at his peak for those bouts. Norton just had a style that was just a tough nut for him to crack. His mettle and greatness was really proven by the Foreman and Liston wins. His speed would have been really difficult not to mention his mentality in achieving big moments. Lewis' Achilles heel was that he could get complacent and his chin could fail when it did but he obviously wouldn't get complacent with Ali and Ali's punch wouldn't be too big a deal for him. It's a hard match for Ali given Lewis' schooling and technique but I think the best of Ali is a little quick for every heavyweight.

Calzaghe I am firm would beat a younger Hopkins and my guy James Toney due to his energy, underrated intelligence where he could at least compete with theirs and his determination but I think Jones had that perfect blend of speed and power that would make Joe think a little more and slow him down. Jones was something special in his prime. I'd have to go with the Mexican here in a good fight.
                  Haha, I thought you were genuinely asking my opinions on those fights. I know you were joking about the Mexican-American thing, but I thought they were legit questions. No problem.

Comment

Charlo is garbage c class fighter I say bring it, would be a nice tune up fight

Comment

The judges will never give the decision to charlo.

Comment

Working...
                      X