Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can it be right Nelo gets so many favourable decisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can it be right Nelo gets so many favourable decisions?

It seems like most people in boxing seem to have Ggg winner in the 2nd fight also.
    Why is it Nelo can never have a competitive fight go against him? How can be have that much luck.? Ggg hardly ever goes distance. Don't he deserve just a fraction of luck Nell gets?

GGG does not deserve anything. Canelo won by a single point away from a Majority Draw in what most watching considered a bad decision, but his dickriders claim he murdered GGG last night...

Comment

Just based on how people rate power vs volume.
      I thought he beat Lara, narrowly. Didn't see him winning against Golovkin. He looked brilliant until he gassed, then just looked stupid once the snap was gone.

Other than the Mayweather fluke (judge was later put out to pasture over that), I don't recall any other real controversial decisions. Cotto was pretty clear, even if close. I thought he was given WAY too many rounds against Trout, but won't argue the outcome.

There's a strong perception that he is gifted decisions and I think fighters need to consider that judges favor his style when they see him from ringside. GG and Sanchez would have been wise to take that into consideration but they instead gave a very conservative performance.

Comment

The law of averages would have Ggg getting at least one favourable decision in 2 fights with Nelo, where majority had Ggg winning.
        How can Nell get so many favourable decisions?
        I hear Lara outboard him. I heard roach claim cotto was robbed. Ggg shouldnt have to ko his opponents almost like people think Ggg didn't do well as he didn't ko nelo?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Just based on how people rate power vs volume.
          I thought he beat Lara, narrowly. Didn't see him winning against Golovkin. He looked brilliant until he gassed, then just looked stupid once the snap was gone.

Other than the Mayweather fluke (judge was later put out to pasture over that), I don't recall any other real controversial decisions. Cotto was pretty clear, even if close. I thought he was given WAY too many rounds against Trout, but won't argue the outcome.

There's a strong perception that he is gifted decisions and I think fighters need to consider that judges favor his style when they see him from ringside. GG and Sanchez would have been wise to take that into consideration but they instead gave a very conservative performance.
          Yep I don't buy into the corruption thing, just far too many different judges. Most of his punches come out fast with lots of snap, he has an eye catching style.

I thought both Golovkin fights were either way type fights, GGG probably slightly unfortunate not to get the nod in the first, and the draw in the second

Comment

It looks a lot uglier than it really is when you look at some of the judges scorecards but I did have him beating Lara and I also had him beating Trout by 3 points. The Cotto fight was never debatable.

Only fight I felt he clearly lost was the first Golovkin fight and obviously the Mayweather fight. Last nights fight could have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              GGG does not deserve anything. Canelo won by a single point away from a Majority Draw in what most watching considered a bad decision, but his dickriders claim he murdered GGG last night...
              They act like it was some complete masterclass

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                It looks a lot uglier than it really is when you look at some of the judges scorecards but I did have him beating Lara and I also had him beating Trout by 3 points. The Cotto fight was never debatable.

Only fight I felt he clearly lost was the first Golovkin fight and obviously the Mayweather fight. Last nights fight could have gone either way.
                What did you think about last night's fight ? You're one of the more knowledgeable posters on here so I'm curious

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post

True, yet Nell gets decision? Law of averages would suggest Ggg who never goes distance would get one favourable decision in a fight most had him winning.
                  In a career most fighters get robbed once. Unless your names floydelo

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Yep I don't buy into the corruption thing, just far too many different judges. Most of his punches come out fast with lots of snap, he has an eye catching style.

I thought both Golovkin fights were either way type fights, GGG probably slightly unfortunate not to get the nod in the first, and the draw in the second
                    There's a lot of things that come into play when you see guys in person. One of those is body language (which Canelo displayed prominently last night). Another is SOUND. Fans that haven't been up close have no idea how much that communicates to the audience/judges. If GG's hard jabs aren't making a sound but Canelo gets an occasional right or a left hook that makes a loud, smacking sound, guess who grabs their attention and wins the round?

I'm not big into conspiracies either. It's not that it's impossible, but that it's often the thing a loser falls back onto when they can't explain things logically. Anytime I find myself entertaining conspiracies, I have to ask myself if I'm in denial. (no disrespect to Alex Jones)

Comment

Working...
                    X