Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Logic Problems You Have If You Are A Golovkin Fan

First, full disclosure.

We scored the fight right in our house.

I had it 7-5 Canelo and my son had it a draw (we disagreed on RD 9).

I felt both men did some things better this fight.

G landed some real clean punches this time out, while Canelo stayed off the ropes a lot better.

Thing is, Canelo was still landing more of the hard shots and he got out to a decent lead early.

Here's the logic problem Golovkin fans have in scoring this fight.

I felt Canelo won the first fight with great counters and great defense. Golovkin fans argued that Gennady backed Saul up and controlled things with a jab, that Gennady deserved credit for being the aggressor and coming forward.

Well, if that's true then doesn't Canelo deserve the same credit tonite for it?

See, that's where folks get the criteria "effective aggression" so wrong.

Just coming forward is not enough...you have to get things done.

And clearly tonight, Saul got some things done.

I don't necessary think Canelo won the fight simply because of effective aggression, the truth is he fought a very technical fight while also standing his ground and making GGG concede his most of the time.

His body work was likely the biggest difference in the fight, and he set a tone with it early.

I just need a Golovkin fan who thought G won the first fight by coming forward to explain how he won this one by backing the fugg up all night.

I knew Canelo won, my son knew it was close.

So how the hell did some of you have it 8-4 Golovkin when it could not have been if you watched objectively?

No matter what it was very close and arguable either way.

I had GGG but obviously knew it was anyone's fight.

GGG didn't do enough to win clearly and that's a fact.

People need to accept it.

Comment

Can I guess that you gave round 9 to Canelo?

Comment

I stopped scoring the fight after the 4th round, because some of the rounds were close to call and I realized... I wanted to enjoy the fight. Look, people see things differently. People are biased. That includes yourself (let's be real, here).

You can argue about it all you want, but professional boxers give their opinions. Look it up from there, and see how they scored it. I think Frampton posted his own personal scorecard (and he scored it 116-113?), maybe compare his rounds versus yours. I'm sure other fighters posted their scores (although maybe not their round by round like Frampton).

All I know is it was a close fight.

I'd say it needs a rematch, but at this point, Golovkin will be 37 come the next fight and I think it's time he starts stepping backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Can I guess that you gave round 9 to Canelo?
          No need to guess, I said as much in the OP.

And 2 of the 3 judges saw it just like I did.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            No need to guess, I said as much in the OP.

And 2 of the 3 judges saw it just like I did.
            No, you said you and your son disagreed on it.

And all 3 of you got it wrong IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              No, you said you and your son disagreed on it.

And all 3 of you got it wrong IMO
              My son felt G won round 9. That wound up making his scorecard even. One of the judges agreed with him.

The other 2 judges scored 9 as I did. 2>1 last I checked...

But really, I felt G pissed away a lot of the early rounds. That's where he lost the fight.

Comment

My son felt G won round 9. That wound up making his scorecard even. One of the judges agreed with him.

The other 2 judges scored 9 as I did. 2>1 last I checked...

But really, I felt G pissed away a lot of the early rounds. That's where he lost the fight.
                I had it 115-113 but I thought GGG clearly won the 9th.. I gotta watch the fight alone tomorrow.. it's always different with a bunch of people around yelling and ****...

Comment

First, full disclosure.

G landed some real clean punches this time out, while Canelo stayed off the ropes a lot better.

Thing is, Canelo was still landing more of the hard shots and he got out to a decent lead early.

I felt Canelo won the first fight with great counters and great defense. Golovkin fans argued that Gennady backed Saul up and controlled things with a jab, that Gennady deserved credit for being the aggressor and coming forward.

I don't necessary think Canelo won the fight simply because of effective aggression, the truth is he fought a very technical fight while also standing his ground and making GGG concede his most of the time.

His body work was likely the biggest difference in the fight, and he set a tone with it early.

I just need a Golovkin fan who thought G won the first fight by coming forward to explain how he won this one by backing the fugg up all night.

So how the hell did some of you have it 8-4 Golovkin when it could not have been if you watched objectively?
                  Great post. This is exactly how I saw it. I also had it 7-5 Canelo, and I also scored the first fight for Canelo.

Good to see i'm not the only person here who isn't blind.

Comment

First, full disclosure.

Well fuucking said.

Canelo clearly won tonight

Ggg fanboys should just leave this board because they really don’t know what their watching

Comment

Working...
                    X