Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow Boxers and Professionals are ALL saying GGG WON!! Disgrace decision!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    That's the most important criteria when scoring a round. Canelo bested him in most rounds. A power punch outweighs a jab when scoring.
    in theory yes...but in reality, POINTS are being scored. Otherwise why bother have judges then? They are counting points.

If not why not just have a 30 round fight and no judges and whoever remains standing wins the fight.

Comment

Outlanded.. out jabbed him at a 2-1 clip... clearly winning the majority of the later/championship rounds...

Sad result

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
        in theory yes...but in reality, POINTS are being scored. Otherwise why bother have judges then? They are counting points.

If not why not just have a 30 round fight and no judges and whoever remains standing wins the fight.
        You get more points for a power punch over a jab. As it should be, the power punch is doing more damage. To win with the jab you need to dominate the round, Golovkin wasn't doing that.

Comment

I thought Golovkin landed alot more cleaner shots than he did last time

Comment

You get more points for a power punch over a jab. As it should be, the power punch is doing more damage. To win with the jab you need to dominate the round, Golovkin wasn't doing that.
            You dont get any points for a jab or a power punch. You get scored for a whole round either winning it or losing it. Boxing may be better off using the old amateur scoring of landed blows or something because clearly different judges see fights in completely different ways and it leads to scoring that ruins great fights quite often.

Comment

GGG did win, again. But it was a closer fight, and it couldn't have been that for his sake. I think he won both fights clearly, but what can you do? This is boxing. It's honestly why I've started to drift away as a hardcore fan. It's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                You dont get any points for a jab or a power punch. You get scored for a whole round either winning it or losing it. Boxing may be better off using the old amateur scoring of landed blows or something because clearly different judges see fights in completely different ways and it leads to scoring that ruins great fights quite often.
                I'm not talking about actually points more weight.

2 clean power punches are worth more in scoring criteria than 3 jabs.

Comment

Even the televisa cast, a Pro Canelo team, had it for GGG 116-112

Comment

I'm not talking about actually points more weight.

2 clean power punches are worth more in scoring criteria than 3 jabs.
                    Yeah they should be but who knows how one judge scores it from the next.
                    You get 3 judges that see things 3 different ways and you get 3 cards that are all over the place sometimes.

These judges should be in a room, with a big screen monitor with no sound on scoring the fights. It amazes me sometimes how a clearly won round for one guy can be scored for the other guy out of nowhere.

Comment

That's the most important criteria when scoring a round. Canelo bested him in most rounds. A power punch outweighs a jab when scoring.
                      That isn’t necessarily true. Depends on the jab. Golovkin throws powerful jabs that snapped Canelo’s head back consistently. I don’t hate on Compbux boxing but it’s failing is that it doesn’t measure impact. Golovkin jabs are often powerful, they aren’t pitty pat

Comment

Working...
                      X