Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was rooting for G but no complaints about Canelo taking it by 1. 115-113 either way or a draw are all perfectly fine scorecards. Like most I was surprised to see how Canelo was able to be the aggressor this time around and keep Gennady on the backfoot for large portions which I can't remember seeing in Golovkin's career aside from Lemieux.
    I've been very impressed through the years with Alvarez's evolution from an almost Mexican novelty to becoming a world class boxer-puncher. He's very sound defensively but when you get through that defence he has now shown he has an iron chin. He was able to maintain a good pace through the twelve rounds even if by the ninth it looked as if he was faltering but by that point Golovkin was having to dig deep himself and he was on fumes by the 12th. Whilst some are saying that Golovkin has lost a step and is sliding which I do agree with, I felt that it was more a case of Alvarez upping his game. His strength and conditioning (which has let him down too often) was excellent last night to go with his impressive boxing ability.
    I'm in the minority but I'm not too inclined to see a third fight. We've had two excellent fights out of this pairing already but I feel that Alvarez overtook Golovkin last night and more so in the mental department. In another eight months the chasm may have opened further. I'd be interested to see Canelo/GGG-BJS, the winner of Jacobs-Sergey D or the Charlo bros. Just a different pairing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I disagree with your stance of "by a solid margin" as I've stated over & over. Both of these fights had many close rounds & most of the scores as I recall it were within 2 points (7-5), certainly last night that was the case as I'm seeing scores from all sorts of boxing people this morning. Thats not a "solid margin". Thats one rd from a draw. Thats two rds from the other guy winning. 4 or 5 rds I felt coulda gone either way depending on what you liked more with the scoring criteria.

And as I just mentioned in my last post, where you didn't seem to know the criteria official judges are using to score fights, I don't think a lot of people are using that method of scoring with their own scorecards which is often a problem with these "robbery" claims cuz its the blind leading the blind.

I can understand this stance 100% & more then your previous stance. I'm always a bit cynical on the "money guy" winning fights waaaaaay more often statistically then they should be in close fights. There's no argument thats a thing.

But the problem with that for this fight or any specific fight is sometimes the money guy IS gonna win those close fights so you can't really say any specific close fight SHOULDN'T have gone the money guys way. But when you look at the overall numbers the trends are way off on the money guy winning so clearly there is some influence with judges giving more close rds to the guy who's "supposed to win" in the minds of more fans & the promoter usually.
      Nah the solid margin I meant is the percentage of people having GGG winning amongst fans, fighters and press.

I kew those criterias bro, but you got the rules, then how it's used. Ring generalship isn't used as a key anymore if you ask me.

Those criterias are just more reasons to have bias decisions like those.

Canelo having only one loss and by MD is ridiculous, thanks those bullsht criteria allowing to present totally different card for a very same fight

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        C'mon that's not an argument about D bro
        Okay then what is your argument that GGG showed the better defense last night cuz saying GGG won the D battle last night is crazytown to me?

Is it just cuz GGG landed the jab? Cuz thats the only argument I see.

Canelo did more damage suggesting his defense was stronger & GGG's weaker.

Canelo landed the harder shots suggesting GGG was more open for big shots, which are riskier than the jab, then Canelo was for GGG's big shots.

Canelo missed ~300 punches, GGG missed ~600 punches.

And I mean just eye test these two guys. I could watch these guys working out & tell Canelo's the guy with the better defense based purely on his head movement & elusiveness. GGG's always been a cat who's defense has been about having a good offense as the old football analogy goes. And when his offense isn't overwhelming the other guy like in these Canelo fights & vs Jacobs his defensive liabilities show & they did last night to me by a mile.

Comment

Okay then what is your argument that GGG showed the better defense last night cuz saying GGG won the D battle last night is crazytown to me?

Is it just cuz GGG landed the jab? Cuz thats the only argument I see.

Canelo did more damage suggesting his defense was stronger & GGG's weaker.

Canelo landed the harder shots suggesting GGG was more open for big shots, which are riskier than the jab, then Canelo was for GGG's big shots.

Canelo missed ~300 punches, GGG missed ~600 punches.

And I mean just eye test these two guys. I could watch these guys working out & tell Canelo's the guy with the better defense based purely on his head movement & elusiveness. GGG's always been a cat who's defense has been about having a good offense as the old football analogy goes. And when his offense isn't overwhelming the other guy like in these Canelo fights & vs Jacobs his defensive liabilities show & they did last night to me by a mile.
          GGG defense is good IMO, his guard is 10/10 IMO his movements (feet, head) are smart but way too slow
          it's just that dude's in slow mow, Jacobs and Nelo are much quicker and that's what made GGG miss and pay often in those fights, out of the 3, Jacobs has the worst defense (fundamentally sound speaking), but DJ is hard to hit because of his height, lenght and speed.

Despite being that slow, GGG arguably IMO won those 3 fights, it tells a lot about his skills and brain, and I will include defense here, his placement is great.

Speed kills is one the most true saying in boxing, if Pacquiao was kinda slow, he would be a worst southpaw than Bob Guerrero.

GGG skills are underrated, it's just that his lack of quickness make him miss a lot of things offensively and defensively.

Nelo ate all those jabs and straight punches.

I don't think Canelo displayed a great D in THAT FIGHT.

Agreed Nelo is the best defensive guy at 160 but in that fight, I like some stuff GGG did but now "he ran".

By the way, are we taking compubias a a basis isn't it?
          Last edited by BillyBoxing; 09-16-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Wonder if the casuals will start disappearing now that these euro cats are getting whooped

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              Wonder if the casuals will start disappearing now that these euro cats are getting whooped
              I got a negative repped when I told the Golovkin fanbase that Ward and Froch would school him. If Golovkin started his career ealier he would have some losses if he joins the Super 6 tournament at 168.

Comment

• How i score the fight power punches > Jabs. Canelo's punches were doing damage to Golovin.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Nah the solid margin I meant is the percentage of people having GGG winning amongst fans, fighters and press.
                  But its people who got it 7-5 all the same. And like I said I had it 7-5 & I'm saying I can see how Canelo got the decision cuz it was 1 rd from being a draw on my card (& most people's cards that I'm seeing thus far), 2rds from going Canelo's way & there were 4-5 rds that could have went either way. 1,000 people could have it 7-5 that doesn't mean when there was a quarter or more of the rds that were close that it couldn't go the other way.

And its worth mentioning the official judges are the ones trying to follow the actual criteria of scoring more than 95% of these guys all to happy to talk about their scorecard & how so & so got robbed. They are also the closest to the fighters & they couldn't been influenced on specific judging criteria more based on that closeness to the fighters.

I kew those criterias bro, but you got the rules, then how it's used. Ring generalship isn't used as a key anymore if you ask me.
                  LOL idk about all that. I think some fans think they know more than they do. When I watch big fights with a group of people like I did this fight I'm always entertained with the dumb confidence so many people have about their stance on all things boxing. I think I know more than most & I'm LESS confident about what I know & I understand the variance better than most (although that might be attributed to my time playing poker where variance can make you damn near break down in tears lol).

Those criterias are just more reasons to have bias decisions like those.
                  Thats an argument you can make, but its funny people only make it on nights when they disagree with the decision. I definitely feel like the scoring criteria could be improved & I've talked about it many times, but the scoring criteria now is what it is & I'm using that to make my calls on the fight not what it was in the past or might be in the future.

Canelo having only one loss and by MD is ridiculous, thanks those bullsht criteria allowing to present totally different card for a very same fight
                  You're preaching to the choir on Canelo getting the benefit of the doubt by some judges in the past. That draw by the one judge in the Floyd fight is one of the sketchiest things I've seen with judges in a big fight outside of the Bradley W over Manny maybe. And there are other examples in Canelo's career & I've talked about that sketchy sh^t in the past. I just don't think there is an argument here due to the closeness of many of the rounds.

If I legit thought these cards were nuts I'd show no reluctance in saying so. But they aren't nuts (that Byrd one last time was obviously). They are reasonable cards if you are a reasonable person who knows the criteria judges use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Ha ha ha! Sometimes I wonder how dumb people can't understand how dumb they are. You have said si much nonsense here that I won't even see debate you on it. You're out of touch with reality. You really are.
                    It's alright bud. There will be better fighters to follow in the sport.
                    GGG's career was a complete disappointment. I used to defend the guy quite a bit, so it's not like I dislike the guy.
                    Some of the things that happened to GGG wasn't his fault, but other things he has to blame himself a bit for it. Including the Canelo matches. He could have done that little extra, but he chose not to.

Comment

But its people who got it 7-5 all the same. And like I said I had it 7-5 & I'm saying I can see how Canelo got the decision cuz it was 1 rd from being a draw on my card (& most people's cards that I'm seeing thus far), 2rds from going Canelo's way & there were 4-5 rds that could have went either way. 1,000 people could have it 7-5 that doesn't mean when there was a quarter or more of the rds that were close that it couldn't go the other way.

And its worth mentioning the official judges are the ones trying to follow the actual criteria of scoring more than 95% of these guys all to happy to talk about their scorecard & how so & so got robbed. They are also the closest to the fighters & they couldn't been influenced on specific judging criteria more based on that closeness to the fighters.

LOL idk about all that. I think some fans think they know more than they do. When I watch big fights with a group of people like I did this fight I'm always entertained with the dumb confidence so many people have about their stance on all things boxing. I think I know more than most & I'm LESS confident about what I know & I understand the variance better than most (although that might be attributed to my time playing poker where variance can make you damn near break down in tears lol).

Thats an argument you can make, but its funny people only make it on nights when they disagree with the decision. I definitely feel like the scoring criteria could be improved & I've talked about it many times, but the scoring criteria now is what it is & I'm using that to make my calls on the fight not what it was in the past or might be in the future.

You're preaching to the choir on Canelo getting the benefit of the doubt by some judges in the past. That draw by the one judge in the Floyd fight is one of the sketchiest things I've seen with judges in a big fight outside of the Bradley W over Manny maybe. And there are other examples in Canelo's career & I've talked about that sketchy sh^t in the past. I just don't think there is an argument here due to the closeness of many of the rounds.

If I legit thought these cards were nuts I'd show no reluctance in saying so. But they aren't nuts (that Byrd one last time was obviously). They are reasonable cards if you are a reasonable person who knows the criteria judges use.
                      I never was that chocked by that result, Horn was a robbery, Manny vs Brad was a close fight, IMO, closer than the first Nelo vs GG if you ask me.

The worst recent robbery IMO was Lara vs P WILL

Comment

Working...
                      X