Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the thing is that when most of this "close" fights (the majority) end up going to the same way we have to stop talking about "close" fights. the house never loses, lets not forget this is the guy (canelo) that got 10 out of 12 rounds in the first one (and also a draw vs floyd when he lost every single round)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      ??? And these are GGG fans. blame the refs again.
      I don't think the decision of this match was too unfair compared to the last one. It was a good fight from Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Reasonable cats do.

Well robbery might be one of the most overused terms in boxing so while idk if there are NEVER robberies, but there are much less of them then people cry about. Close fights can go either way. Thats just the reality like it or not.

I can understand people being cynical cuz the money guy wins more of these fights than the non-money guy & f#ck I can be pretty cynical about that angle myself, but I know how I scored it (7-5 GGG my f#cking self) & I know there were probably 4 or 5 rds I had a tough time nailing down to one guy so to me GGG or Canelo needed to win the other 7-8 rds CLEARLY for real to win the fight outside of the margin of error. And neither guy did. Hence this fight isn't a robbery.

LOL who cares what Bud scored it. Khan & Caleb Truax had Canelo winning. Like I said earlier boxers are some of the worst scorers ever & most of the time they don't reallllly even score the fight.

Back when Tevin Farmer had that "robbery" with that PED'd up Japanese or w/e Asian cat Claressa Shields was all like "ROBBERY" all night. Then she scored the fight rbr a day or two later & was giving rds left & right to the PED'd up Japanese dude & said Farmer for sure lost.

Make what you will of that, but I don't think half these fighters are sitting down & scoring fights like that. They are watching it & thinking this guy or that guy is winning w/o thinking of it as a fight in 12 parts. Or thats what I usually see anyway. So I don't take boxers opinions very seriously at all on who won unless I see them scoring a fight like fights are supposed to be scored.

Already handled this elsewhere. I don't care what the majority of media scored the fight for. I see how they scored it & it seems like almost all of them had it 7-5 GGG or less like I did & I know I had trouble giving some rds to either guy thus I'd bet that these cats did to thus the story these cards are telling isn't that GGG DESERVED to win only that most people felt he won a close fight. The close fight angle is the most important part of that. Close fights with 4 or 5 disputable rds CAN GO EITHER WAY. Thats just how the scoring of boxing works.
        Then why almost all of them and you scored it 7-5 for GGG?
        I'm waiting for your answer about this, I know what is a close fight/game.

Because GGG slightly dominated that fight IMO, here is my answer.

Boxing is simple, it's about who is landing more and putting more damage, then again that's subjective, but we all had that feeling that GGG did more.

Comment

• I love watching these replays without the commentary.

Last edited by Santa_; 09-16-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

Because GGG slightly dominated that fight IMO, here is my answer.

Boxing is simple, it's about who is landing more and putting more damage, then again that's subjective, but we all had that feeling that GGG did more.
            How can you sightly dominate? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Comment

• I watched it without any commentary and thought Canelo clearly won. GGG looked uncomfortable and discouraged during large parts of the fight although he did come on late like a champion should.

I think these guys would always make for a competitive fight although time isn't on GGG side.
              Last edited by SweetPbfAli; 09-16-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Congrats, Canelo!

Canelo was very classy with his praise for GGG. Two great warriors.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                  How can you sightly dominate? Isn't that an oxymoron?
                  A fighter can slightly dominate when you're desperate to make a point. I was told that Carl Froch was not elite after 35 last night, in an attempt to make P4P rated Golovkin older than he already is lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    Cuz you gotta give a round to one guy or another. Or at least its highly frowned upon to not do that. And if I go this way & you go that way when a round is close it can lead to it being 7-5 either way & neither being wrong per se.

Boxing is simple, scoring isn't. Its subjective. I've often said I think boxing scoring should be made less subjective cuz I think it'd lead to less controversial decisions if commissions just said x wins fights vs how it is now where commissions say x, y & z win fights.

And its not just about landing more & putting more damage on a guy. The fact you don't even know what fights are scored on destroys your entire argument. Scoring is about:

-Clean Punching (GGG outlanded Canelo 234 to 202, but Canelo outlanded GGG in power shots, which are often seen as the cleaner, more effective shots, 143-116 according to Compubox, to me you could go either way on this depending on GGG's jab or Canelo's power shots)

-Effective Aggression (which Canelo won more often then not in this fight be moving forward all night & had GGG breathing heavy from the 3rd rd iirc)

-Defense (Canelo won that by making GGG miss 600 punches last night & ~2x as many as GGG made Canelo miss & Canelo landed the harder punches which suggest a less effective defense by GGG)

-Ring Generalship (I think you could go either way on this)

So of those 4 criteria official judges are judging fights on Canelo for sure won 2 of them & 2 of them were disputable I feel like. If you are scoring the fight as judges are scoring the fight I can't fault them for going more Canelo's way.

Personally I thought GGG won the fight on ring generalship with his jabbing which I felt was very effective. And I imagine most cats who gave it to GGG on his jabs, but there was more going on then just the jabs & its not controversial, if you are being reasonable & know the scoring criteria, for other things to have had more influence by the official judges then what the average mfer who don't even know what the judges are scoring the fight on.

Comment

• close fight , the rounds golovkin won were more clear

golovkin cant fight on the inside, needs room, thats why he had to move so much

i looked at the judge on the far side of the ring, dave moretti, and after the last round ended, he looked to the judge on his left and had a look on his face like he had no idea who the give the round to. normally judges write down who they thought won the round straight away, but he was struggling to find a winner that round and ultimately decided to give it to canelo, which prevented a Draw

Comment

Working...
                      X