Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: No Chance I'll Outbox Usyk, I Must KO Him - And I Will!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bellew will offer more than that walking heavybag Gassiev

Plus he knows his own limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      You have to appreciate his honesty. Bellew talks a lot but you can tell he knows the game and can give fair and honest assessments.
      What you see is what you get from him. He says it how it is. Name a fighter that goes into a fight saying “there is no way they can outbox their opponent they have to knock him out.

These days you get anonymous fighters that happen to be mandatory to a Champion saying they intend to put the world of hurt and end up getting knocked out in the first round and you never hear of them again

Comment

Go and watch Usyk's fights, he does actually get tagged cleanly a fair bit at times, more than people think. He's excellent though, i fully expect him to win, but i think Bellew can land shots on him.

i do genuinely think Bellew see's something he can exploit, whether he can is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
          I don't even expect Bellew to be as competitive as Gassiev was!
          Bellew is not asstupid as he looks. He is out of his depth but I thought that with Haye.

Thankfully Usyk doesn’t hit as hard as David Haye so Bellew will easily survive till the 7th/ 8th round. Then he can get home to his wife and kids

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
            I agree , Bellew is a decent boxer and cunning as hell in terms of setting up a shot vs less active punchers but Usyk is gonna be all over him, Usyk has looked vulnerable but his movement was impressive as hell Vs Gassiev even if Gassiev was injured
            He didnt move that well against Gassiev and got hit a lot. His best movement came against Glowacki, he hasnt reached those heights since.

This is going to be a tight chess match, mark my words.

Comment

Stranger things have happened....

Bellew does better than Gassiev

Comment

Bellew is a very underrated matchmaker. He's great at picking up bad tendencies he can exploit against on paper fighters he probably shouldn't beat.
                As an Usyk fan he has me slightly worried yet very intrigued as he's obviously highly confident he can exploit something he's seen in Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  He didnt move that well against Gassiev and got hit a lot. His best movement came against Glowacki, he hasnt reached those heights since.

I think it will be a bit tactical yeah but Usyk knows he has to wear Bellew down and let his better conditioning win out, I should watch more of Usyk hmm
                  I thought he moved pretty well vs Gassiev, didn't get hit much, stayed close but created angles for himself, Bellew is more a classic boxer puncher
                  I feel like if Usyk works on his power he can beat practically anyone under 240lbs

Comment

He's right, but he's going to get his head boxed off

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

I disagree with this, he didn't move as well against Briedis and took a lot of shots at the end of combos in that fight, but I thought Gassiev was his best performance by far. He was a wizard in that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X