No announcement yet.

Floyd At Age 36

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
    Floyd fought cotto 3/4 years after those 2 losses, when cotto was on a 3 fight knockout streak, the #1 junior middleweight AND Floyd fought him at 154. There is no doubt that Floyd fought a better cotto

Pacquiao has a history of fighting guys so soon after losses and poor performances man. It's a shame his fans can't see that, Bob arum is a GENIUS.

USA baby
    So magically cotto was prime 3/4 years later lol against poorer competition at 154. Also the same point where people don’t even demand to watch a rematch between him and pac since it’ll likely be the same.
    But for you suddenly he’s undefeated and didn’t suffer two career ending beatings. Great analysis buddy! Just because floyd didn’t batter him like marg and pac did doesn’t mean he was suddenly in his prime.

So you gonna say Cotto wasn’t the same after Floyd beat him since he loss to a mediocre trout after that?? Hmmmm really curious

Floyd’s best win against an absolute prime dangerous opponent is against Corrales. So don’t you think he has history too? That’s the main reason I think he’s not a solid candidate for Goat since he lacks a win over a prime great.
    While others have.

Pac’s best win is against Barrera.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      So magically cotto was prime 3/4 years later lol against poorer competition at 154. Also the same point where people don’t even demand to watch a rematch between him and pac since it’ll likely be the same.
      But for you suddenly he’s undefeated and didn’t suffer two career ending beatings. Great analysis buddy! Just because floyd didn’t batter him like marg and pac did doesn’t mean he was suddenly in his prime.

So you gonna say Cotto wasn’t the same after Floyd beat him since he loss to a mediocre trout after that?? Hmmmm really curious

Floyd’s best win against an absolute prime dangerous opponent is against Corrales. So don’t you think he has history too? That’s the main reason I think he’s not a solid candidate for Goat since he lacks a win over a prime great.
      While others have.

Pac’s best win is against Barrera.
      I never said it was a prime cotto. It's just the cotto that fought floyd was better than the cotto that fought pac. Pac fought him only a year after a terrible beating from margacheato smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        I never said it was a prime cotto. It's just the cotto that fought floyd was better than the cotto that fought pac. Pac fought him only a year after a terrible beating from margacheato smh.
        What’s your basis on that? Because he happened to batter floyd’s nose? lol
        We all saw on what level he was at that point when he lost easily against trout.

News flash 3-4 years after career ending beatings doesn’t make you better. It makes you older. Unless those happened when you’re 21 lol

Was the pac a year after getting KOed by Marquez better than he was 4 years later? Of course he was!

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          What’s your basis on that? Because he happened to batter floyd’s nose? lol
          We all saw on what level he was at that point when he lost easily against trout.

News flash 3-4 years after career ending beatings doesn’t make you better. It makes you older. Unless those happened when you’re 21 lol

Was the pac a year after getting KOed by Marquez better than he was 4 years later? Of course he was!
          Yeah, that Cotto won all of about 3 rounds against Trout showed his level at that particular point. I think Cotto was basically ruined after Margarito though. They managed his career spectacularly to squeeze many more years and millions out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            well if you get knocked out cold recently and are 36 you probably are more old than not. was that where you were going? the whole well floyd was old too garbage argument. it doenst matter how old you are it matters how old(in boxing years) your opponent is. guys like hoya, mosley, cotto, pac were all put through the ringer when floyd fought him. those beatdowns dont suddenly go away cause you beat shot mayorga and shot margarito. oh wait they weren't old either right?

just name me the great wins cotto had after moving up from 147. just do it so i can laugh come on. he had just beaten clottey who was in his prime and a top guy who had fought 3 top 5 welterweights: judah, marg, and cotto and if he lost those fights it wasnt by more than a point or two(cept judah he won) then when he moved up the only other guy he fought that was highly ranked was a crippled martinez so is that your proof cotto was still good? the guy could barely walk. who cares though cause p4p list and all that jazz right?
            You rambled on way too much.

Let me be more specific.

When did Floyd's prime start and when did it end?

You can name years or you can name fights, for expediency's sake.
            Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 09-14-2018, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Good video. This was the last fight where Floyd looked really amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                You rambled on way too much.

Let me be more specific.

When Floyd's prime start and when did it end?

You can name years or you can name fights, for expediency's sake.
                That's too much like cross examination, those guys cant handle pin point facts weights and measures so keep them happy by staying with gossip and opinion its all they have.

Comment

• Different styles moron. Comparing apples to oranges yeah that’s great thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Yeah, Corrales proved himself later on. I personally think he lost all three to Casamayor and the Castillo win was a bit unfair but that's all subjective. He was a good fighter but yeah beating Garcia, a much smaller Gainer and a faded and completely weigh drained Manfredy wasn't enough to be considered elite.

A small tidbit that fanboys like to ignore is that he himself was drained like crazy and had the small distraction of a pending prison sentence distracting his camp. He took the fight as a cash out.
                    In hindsight Corrales during that time was better than the Nicholas Walters who was beaten by Lomachenko. He was destroying his opponents. And Floyd beat him in the biggest fight of their career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Different styles moron. Comparing apples to oranges yeah that’s great thanks
                      No it's comparing an ATG to an overrated hype job.

Comment

Working...
                      X