Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: 'I Won That Fight' After Watching Porter Replay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia’s punch output is the same as Broner. Not a proactive fighter only looks for counters and easy shots. Good thing he lost. Used to rep him with pride when he took out Lucas. Now he became nothing but a jab and left hook fighter with a 20 punch per round output.

Comment

He thought if it went to the cards it was in the bag, I can't blame him he did rob Lamont Peterson. Sorry Danny Boy you gotta man up and fire your dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
        Garcia’s punch output is the same as Broner. Not a proactive fighter only looks for counters and easy shots. Good thing he lost. Used to rep him with pride when he took out Lucas. Now he became nothing but a jab and left hook fighter with a 20 punch per round output.
        Your right he's not proactive. Good choice of words. Don't know if it's all him or partially his Dad letting him get away with it in sparring.

Comment

I had 7 rounds for Porter, 4 for Garcia, and one really close round that I gave to Garcia but could've gone either way.

Comment

Even Danny says "I thought it was close". And it was. And that being the case logically you gotta know it can go either way. As scored on the official cards if 2 judges had given Danny one more rd it'd have been a draw. Thats a pretty close f#cking fight.

Comment

I didn't score rd by rd but I would have been ok with a draw or 7-5 across the board for SSP. bottom line, SSP out worked Garcia and that's why I felt he got the nod.
              In fairness to Garcia, yes he landed the cleaner shots but just not enough. I thought Garcia was gonna clip Porter late. Catch him bull rushing in, but Porter changed it up and l think that threw the Garcia's for a loop and they had no back-up plan.

Comment

Danny you lost man, you did put up a decent fight though. Porter was just more aggressive and more affective. Just go back to the drawing board and earn your way back to the top. You can fight Khan, Berto, Devon Alexander and maybe Broner depending on whether or not he's got a court case coming up. At least the division is stacked enough for you to make a comeback! Call out Crawford y'all have exchanged words before

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Even Danny says "I thought it was close". And it was. And that being the case logically you gotta know it can go either way. As scored on the official cards if 2 judges had given Danny one more rd it'd have been a draw. Thats a pretty close f#cking fight.
                  That's the truth! He really can't be mad at anybody. Like you said a close fight means it can go either way and so he definitely can't feel robbed!!

Comment

I understand his frustration. I think a draw or a 1 pt win on either side is perfectly reasonable. Porter isn't pretty, but boy do you want to give him credit for his hustle. From the moment he stepped into the ring to the end of the fight, his energy was cranked to 11. Danny fought well and landed some nice, clean shots. His belief that he won isn't ridiculous, but he just needs to show more sustained fire in there, especially against a whirlwind guy like Porter. I agree that he could do better with a different coach, but, as he said in the pre-fight build-up, he would retire tomorrow if his dad wasn't around, so he'll never switch coaches.

Comment

I can see it 7-5 either way or a draw. But Danny should hold himself accountable for this. His punch output hurt him. I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity but you still cant let your opponent throw almost twice as much as you. Danny is a superior boxing talent to Porter, but that doesn't always win fights. Bottom line, Porter out hustled Danny stole rounds alone with just activity. He really didn't land that clean, but his activity was up and he got away with his rough house tactics. I've always seen Porter as a poor man's Ricky Hatton in that regard.

Comment

Working...
                      X