No announcement yet.

is DAZN really a bad thing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is DAZN really a bad thing?

whys it being treated with such hostility? i dont get it.

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    People really hate Hearn. With Saunders vs Andrade, Joshua vs Povetkin, Usyk and the WBSS I can't do anything but suck it up and shell out the ten bucks though....

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      because it's Eddie Hearn and indirectly, Anthony Joshua

most people slamming the service don't even know their schedule lol

Comment

Because it's not American. Plus Hearn and AJ are killing it so every Wilder fan will do everything they can to make it look bad. When in reality, it's going to be the Netflix of boxing just like Hearn said. Usyk was just signed and once the rest of these boxers start seeing how much Hearn and DAZN can pay, they will go with them too. Also, with the signing of Usyk, I think the WBO will make him the mandatory challenger to AJ and the fight in April will be AJ vs Usyk. Just looks like it's lining up that way. But if DAZN was an American product, everybody would rave about it.

Comment

I think also a lot of us really are getting tired of how fractionated boxing is getting. Haymon, Arum, Oscar, Hearn, Warren, etc, etc... It would really benefit boxing by being monopolized by one or two organizations.

Comment

A bad thing? Definitely wouldn't say that. It will depend on how much quality we get. But give me the WBSS/AndradevsBJS/Usyk/etc and I will be a satisfied customer.

Part of the backlash is the bad timing of the launch that overlapped with the Wilder/Joshua failed negotiations. That left a sour taste in some folks mouth and then Hearn came out talking about taking over the US market which was a dumb thing to do. Because three or four months in, he simply hasn't signed the type of guys he was after.

And another thing is you have a lot of Brits who REALLY want DAZN to be successful and are coming after pretty much every US promoter/network. That sure isn't helping the cause.

Comment

Some hate is due to Hearn, some because it's not american. A lot of criticism comes from the older or less technical savy folks who are against technological progress and some dont like it that you have to pay for even more subscriptions to get the full boxing package.

I welcome it. First and foremost, because dazn is also available in germany and it's the first comfortable way to get access to a lot of boxing cards.

There also shouldnt be any criticism for money coming into boxing. It shouldnt be a bad thing that investors are willing to take chances with boxing.
              Hearn had a less than optimal start into the US market. It's still laughable that Vargas headlines the first show on DAZN lol.

I also like that more promoters are using the internet as valid platforms to show their fight. Goldenboy uses facebook. Some fights are livestreamed on Youtube and the best thing is that most of them are not restricted by region.

Comment

It's not American. A lot of folks generally have a hard time with somebody not American or North American doing well in Boxing in general especially these days where the pound for pound list is very international and now an international promoter has a lot of clout and a big market of his own. It just comes down to insecurity.

Also fans these days tend to pick promotional sides based on fighters they like/dislike.

Me personally I think there's too many subscriptions to keep up with for most fans especially casual fans with ESPN, HBO, Showtime now Dazn basically having their own leagues/divisions but is he monopolizing more or less than the others? Not really. Like I said it just comes down to fans disliking or liking fighters ans thinking the promoter and fans of that fighter are all part of a "team".

I subscribe to ESPN+, Showtime and HBO and will get DAZN I don't really care about who's promoting as long as the product is good and the fights are there. I just wish Boxing was more unified but that's too much to ask.

Comment

Ah, I think we all rag on promoters we don't like, and their platforms by association, but at the end of the day we log off and watch as much boxing as possible.

Just internet trolling. Let's not overthink it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                    Because it's not American. Plus Hearn and AJ are killing it so every Wilder fan will do everything they can to make it look bad. When in reality, it's going to be the Netflix of boxing just like Hearn said. Usyk was just signed and once the rest of these boxers start seeing how much Hearn and DAZN can pay, they will go with them too. Also, with the signing of Usyk, I think the WBO will make him the mandatory challenger to AJ and the fight in April will be AJ vs Usyk. Just looks like it's lining up that way. But if DAZN was an American product, everybody would rave about it.
                    What a dumbass answer lmao. How many alts are you going to use I mean damn lmao...!!!??? You dick blow Joshua every day lol. People hate the idea because they hate Hearn period. Maybe if he delivered Wilder Joshua fans wouldn’t be so against him. Boxing welcomes DAZN. But, if Wilder Joshua wasn’t made...why should fans AND boxers jump to Hearn???

Comment

Working...
                    X