No announcement yet.

Looks Like Deontay And Tyson Got This One Right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
    that would have been a big mistake, I don't understand how any fan, weather they like wilder or not would tell him to take that deal.
    sigh. i'm not sure why we have to keep rehashing that Wilder and Finkel came out publicly to say they accepted the deal.

Comment

You can tell a wilder fan wrote the article

Keep dreaming folks

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
        sigh. i'm not sure why we have to keep rehashing that Wilder and Finkel came out publicly to say they accepted the deal.
        YES, for the fight to be this year, but hearn wanted it in 2019. either way taking a flat fee still wasn't a wise decision IMO. 30-40% would have made more sense. if he fights fury im sure he can make more money and if he wins he has more of a say so in negotiations vs Aj in the future and depending on the numbers can demand 45-50%. my point is that a flat fee in a fight of that magnitude was plain stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          that would have been a big mistake, I don't understand how any fan, weather they like wilder or not would tell him to take that deal.
          If these numbers are correct then yea it is obviously a good decision to pass on Hearn's lowball offer.

And the good thing for the winner is they will have proven their worth more & have the past pay stub to prove hence greatly increasing Hearn's next offer to the winner.

Comment

Damn if Wilder and Fury are really being guarenteed 40 million combined then somebody is going to be taking a big loss.

Comment

This could be the dumbest thing I've read on this site hahahah. And that's hard to be. Wilder has never been on PPV and Fury fought his last two fights ON AN UNDER-CARD so there's no way on god's green earth that someone would be stupid enough to pay both of them 20 million apiece hahahah. If these two clowns have to actually piggyback off the Golovkin/Canelo fight, then there's no way in the world that there's enough interest for a fight that could somehow pay them 40 million hahahaha. This dude is living in looneytune land

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                Reports are that Vegas has come thru with a site fee to host the fight and that both men are guaranteed 20 million.

If this is true, I don't think anyone can doubt that both men were right to fight each other instead of accepting a lowball offer to fight someone else.

Rumors are that Vegas was willing to shell out 40 million for AJ vs Wilder, so it wouldn't shock me if the site fee for this one was at least half of that if not more.

No matter what happens, this changes the bargaining position of both men when it comes to a potential showdown with Joshua.

Both men could wind up with more money from this fight than Joshua has ever made in any one fight- no more talk about whether Wilder or Fury should accept whatever Matchroom offers because it would be "their highest payday".

This is a game changer...

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/news...ber/ar-BBMVpKb

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post

Comment

That's a crazy guarantee, if true...

Comment

why are fans angry hat this is a possibility??? I don't get it

Comment

Working...
                      X