Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Terence Crawford at 140.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    Spence and Floyd have very different styles though. Floyd is a 10x better defensive fighter than Spence.
    No, Spence fights nothing like Floyd but he would be the highest quality fighter that Crawford has faced. Which of Floyd's victories are over a fighter like Bud?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      No, Spence fights nothing like Floyd but he would be the highest quality fighter that Crawford has faced. Which of Floyd's victories are over a fighter like Bud?
      Well its hard to compare anybody to Crawford but Floyd was able to beat Zab Judah who is a southpaw with great hand speed and natural ability.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Well its hard to compare anybody to Crawford but Floyd was able to beat Zab Judah who is a southpaw with great hand speed and natural ability.
        yeah he did win that fight but judah and crawford are vastly different. judah is a head case. crawfords best trait is his boxing brain. also floyd struggled mightily in that fight and his defense let him down so much he had to change his entire style to a high guard. similar to the corley fight where his defense let him down and he had to change his style to a more aggressive get off first and take the play away from corley style because he couldn't sit back and play defense.

Comment

On NSB, people pick far worse fighters than Crawford to beat Floyd so if you did a poll I'd expect Crawford to win it.

Comment

Mayweather hasn't fought anybody as good as a 2015-2017 Crawford and obviously vice-versa. I think Crawford would do things that make it very difficult to get into his usual rhythm and vice-versa. It would be a very close fight and hard to call. There's been a few fights Floyd arguably lost during his glory days (I felt three) and I don't think Bud has ever lost more than three rounds in a fight (Gamboa). They'd have all beaten each others opponents.

Sometimes the historical standings get in the way of picking specific head-to-head match-up's. I'd lean towards Crawford in a 6-6/7-5 type of fight.

Comment

As much as I like bud he hasnt exactly fought anyone worth mentioning in comparison to Floyd.

In fact, I dont think Bud goes through Floyd’s resume unbeaten, even at those current stages. I’d even favor that version of Canelo or Floyd over Bud tbh.

Bud might not even be the best fighter in his division right now, so I go Floyd. Thing about Floyd is that the lower you go through his weight classes, the worse it goes for Bud. Floyd hurts him.

Lets let bud finish his career first though. He’s a special talent but there’s levels to this. Its unfair to him with the current resume

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Mayweather hasn't fought anybody as good as a 2015-2017 Crawford and obviously vice-versa. I think Crawford would do things that make it very difficult to get into his usual rhythm and vice-versa. It would be a very close fight and hard to call. There's been a few fights Floyd arguably lost during his glory days (I felt three) and I don't think Bud has ever lost more than three rounds in a fight (Gamboa). They'd have all beaten each others opponents.

Sometimes the historical standings get in the way of picking specific head-to-head match-up's. I'd lean towards Crawford in a 6-6/7-5 type of fight.
                But Floyd has fought much, much, much, much better competition than Crawford, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  But Floyd has fought much, much, much, much better competition than Crawford, correct?
                  Obviously. Now if Crawford can get Spence in the ring in the next 2-3 years he'll have the better opponent but it's going to be hard to match the depth.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Obviously. Now if Crawford can get Spence in the ring in the next 2-3 years he'll have the better opponent but it's going to be hard to match the depth.
                    Huh? Come on CJS, that is a stretch and I like Spence alot. Corrales was the same type of undefeated "monster" spence is considered now and Floyd probably beat 2-3 guys better than him.

I'm fine if you honestly think Crawford wins, but lets stop pretending the level of comp is even close. If you put all the opponents they faced on a list, Floyd would have somewhere between the best 15-18 names.

I would think that should factor into picking a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Huh? Come on CJS, that is a stretch and I like Spence alot. Corrales was the same type of undefeated "monster" spence is considered now and Floyd probably beat 2-3 guys better than him.

I'm fine if you honestly think Crawford wins, but lets stop pretending the level of comp is even close. If you put all the opponents they faced on a list, Floyd would have somewhere between the best 15-18 names.

I would think that should factor into picking a winner.
                      Don't ever expect anything objective about Floyd from him. He thinks DLH won ffs.

Comment

Working...
                      X