No announcement yet.

3 weeks later after the Pianeta fight, no Wilder vs Fury fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
    I'm an American fan and I agree. I used to actually route for Wilder and I told everyone that Fury would beat Klitschko but these guys have changed since then. Fury is a ****-up who tried to get everyone to believe that he was depressed instead of looking at the real reason he stopped, which is because he took steroids. Wilder is a protected bum beater who is on cloud 9 because he barely escaped the one challenge he's had his entire career haha. He will make every excuse in the world to not fight Joshua, and then go right ahead and fight a bum, no problem. It's amazing. The two of them say AJ's and Hearn's name literally every single day but still don't have a fight date, contract, venue, etc.
    Pretty much this.

Comment

The Joshua vs Povetkin fight is almost sold out. Still has 2 weeks so I'm guessing it will sell all the way out. That's 90k, not 20k like Wilder cant sell out. Also Fury fought his last two fights on an undercard. You really think these two will have a huge PPV? They sull be lucky to get 100k viewers on PPV
      I’ll take the over on PPV sales.

And according to another story, the Wilder-Fury site fee paid by Vegas will dwarf the on-site income for AJ-Povetkin.

“Almost sold out”? Didn’t AJ’s last couple of fights sell out stadiums in minutes? What happened?

It’s a non-event, zero buzz. Yah, the Matchroom FC soccer fans will show up (with a few thousand paper-the-house giveaways) but outside of the narrow UK scene it’s like it’s not even happening.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
        I’ll take the over on PPV sales.

And according to another story, the Wilder-Fury site fee paid by Vegas will dwarf the on-site income for AJ-Povetkin.

“Almost sold out”? Didn’t AJ’s last couple of fights sell out stadiums in minutes? What happened?

It’s a non-event, zero buzz. Yah, the Matchroom FC soccer fans will show up (with a few thousand paper-the-house giveaways) but outside of the narrow UK scene it’s like it’s not even happening.
        OK, Fury just fought two fights on an undercard and Wilder has never been on PPV...but somehow this fight does over a million?!??!? Hhahahah. Wilder fans logic is amazing. AJ's last couple of fights sold out in minutes and this one has taken longer because they split up the ticket sites. Too many people were reselling the tickets at overblown prices so they restricted how you can get the tickets. And again, the fight will be sold out. Also Germany and Russia will have over 10 million viewers. Plus the DAZN app. so tell me again how the Wilder vs Fury fight (which again is not signed) is going to overtake this event? The Wilder/Fury fight is so weak that they are trying to piggyback on the Golovkin/Canelo fight hahahah. That's pathetic at best

Comment

OK, Fury just fought two fights on an undercard and Wilder has never been on PPV...but somehow this fight does over a million?!??!? Hhahahah. Wilder fans logic is amazing. AJ's last couple of fights sold out in minutes and this one has taken longer because they split up the ticket sites. Too many people were reselling the tickets at overblown prices so they restricted how you can get the tickets. And again, the fight will be sold out. Also Germany and Russia will have over 10 million viewers. Plus the DAZN app. so tell me again how the Wilder vs Fury fight (which again is not signed) is going to overtake this event? The Wilder/Fury fight is so weak that they are trying to piggyback on the Golovkin/Canelo fight hahahah. That's pathetic at best
          You said 100K and I said it will do more than that.

Now you claim I said it will do 1M? No, I never claimed that.

I’ll guarantee you this: more people in America will watch Wilder-Fury on PPV than will watch AJ-Povetkin for free (with the free one-month trial) on DaysInn.

It is a much bigger event. AJ-Pov has been so under the radar that even the promoter of that fight, Eddie, has talked more about Tyson-Deontay than he has about his own heavyweight title fight, haha.

Comment

I’ll guarantee you this: more people in America will watch Wilder-Fury on PPV than will watch AJ-Povetkin for free (with the free one-month trial) on DaysInn.

It is a much bigger event. AJ-Pov has been so under the radar that even the promoter of that fight, Eddie, has talked more about Tyson-Deontay than he has about his own heavyweight title fight, haha.
            You deluded or you have some inside info? If this fight sells 300k PPVs it's a big success.

Comment

i think you are exaggerating how big wilder v fury is. its really not that big a deal, you better hope wilder carries the card and suddenly becomes a lot more popular in america cause im telling you there wont be that many brits buying the ppv at 3am in the morning. its going to flop as an event and as a fight

Comment

Probably will make it on aj povetkin fight week to take shine off that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                  You deluded or you have some inside info? If this fight sells 300k PPVs it's a big success.
                  It’s a bigger event in that more people will be interested in it or talking about it than AJ-Povetkin. Hell, it hasn’t even been officially announced and it has greater interest.

Keep in mind that they charge like $20-25 in the UK for PPVs and closer to $60-70 in the U.S., so 300K PPV buys in the USA = 1M in the UK in money generated. So if it does 300K in American and say 100-200K in the UK, that’s more money generated from PPV.

There’s also a site fee. A story has been posted on this site reported today that th MGM Grand in Las Vegas is shelling out up to $40M to host the fight (they make that back off gamblers) ... and that the 50/50 split is a guaranteed $20M for each fighter.

Now they are either going to take a huge bath or they know a little something about how to do this. Considering Haymon was behind May-McGregor and May-Pac, I would say they know what they’re doing (no it’s not going to be as big as those, but these aren’t amateurs putting on this PPV like Ward-Kov was).

This is bigger than AJ-Pov. You can’t find any info on AJ’s big fight in 2 weeks and you can’t avoid discussion of this fight. And that’s before the two have even begun their faceoffs and press conferences.

Comment

It’s a bigger event in that more people will be interested in it or talking about it than AJ-Povetkin. Hell, it hasn’t even been officially announced and it has greater interest.

Keep in mind that they charge like $20-25 in the UK for PPVs and closer to $60-70 in the U.S., so 300K PPV buys in the USA = 1M in the UK in money generated. So if it does 300K in American and say 100-200K in the UK, that’s more money generated from PPV.

There’s also a site fee. A story has been posted on this site reported today that th MGM Grand in Las Vegas is shelling out up to $40M to host the fight (they make that back off gamblers) ... and that the 50/50 split is a guaranteed $20M for each fighter.

Now they are either going to take a huge bath or they know a little something about how to do this. Considering Haymon was behind May-McGregor and May-Pac, I would say they know what they’re doing (no it’s not going to be as big as those, but these aren’t amateurs putting on this PPV like Ward-Kov was).

This is bigger than AJ-Pov. You can’t find any info on AJ’s big fight in 2 weeks and you can’t avoid discussion of this fight. And that’s before the two have even begun their faceoffs and press conferences.
                    You said more people in America buy Fury Wilder PPV than there will be watching Joshua Povetkin in America.

Don't back out of your own statement now or you'll look ******.

Comment

I had read, on here actually, that it will be announced the weekend of Canelo-GGG 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X