Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia vs. Porter Winner Has To Make "Two" Mandatory Defenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre Berto???????? Come on now. Who ever wins this belt had a easy road ahead of them. Like damn it's like Fight Night on rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
      Unification will always ***** mandatories
      If both Title holders are willing to fight.
      We know Spence is ready to unify.
      These other fighters at welterweight seem to think differently.

Comment

do people even read the article? its berto then the winner of barrionuevo and ugas. aka lol and lmao

Comment

''Thurman has the option to fight for the title if he is registering and ready," said Sulaiman to ESPN Deportes. "And if he is not ready, then he will be one of the mandatory challengers. On the one hand we have Andre Berto or on the other hand the winner of the fight between Yordenis Ugas and Cesar Barrionuevo."
          I don't think Thurman will jump straight into a tough fight on his return. If not, and if we don't see a unification, we will see Garcia/Porter Vs Berto then Ugas/Barrionuevo ?

If that's the case and if Spence/Crawford doesn't happen in the mean time, the WW division is going to lack somewhat in the immediate future.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            Man, Spence might move to 154 sooner than we think lol.
            Spence is looking for the easy meals. He's stay in 47 and fight more bums.

Berto, Ugas, and Barrionuevo??? Fùck these belts and fùck these noname fighters nobody wants to see.

These belts and the mandatory polices are what's fùcking up Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by McDonough View Post
              Spence is looking for the easy meals. He's stay in 47 and fight more bums.

Berto, Ugas, and Barrionuevo??? Fùck these belts and fùck these noname fighters nobody wants to see.

These belts and the mandatory polices are what's fùcking up Boxing.
              the top guys not only refuse to fight spence but wont mention him. thurman preemtively backpedaled well more than a year ago. spence cant force haymon to make the rest of his guys fight spence. thurmans refusal to fight his mandatories got him unofficially stripped and has his mandatory, porter, fighting garcia.

i agree

the promoters control the sport. alphabet soup is not entirely powerless, but they cant force two guys to fight each other. hell, WBC had golovkin as mandatory to martinez, who wouldn't do it. WBC had alvarez as mandatory to golovkin, and alvarez refused to do it. i do think multiple world champions is ******. its part of the bull**** but it dont run the game.
              Last edited by ceylon mooney; 09-05-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                Not with the IBF. I am just speaking in general.
                Unification *****s mandatory in the IBF, but the procedure is a little stricter than the other orgs.

Comment

Good news for Vargas and DAZN

Comment

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
                    the top guys not only refuse to fight spence but wont mention him. thurman preemtively backpedaled well more than a year ago. spence cant force haymon to make the rest of his guys fight spence. thurmans refusal to fight his mandatories got him unofficially stripped and has his mandatory, porter, fighting garcia.

i agree

the promoters control the sport. alphabet soup is not entirely powerless, but they cant force too guys to fight each other. hell, WBC had golovkin as mandatory to martinez, who wouldn't do it. WBC had alvarez as mandatory to golovkin, and alvarez refused to do it. i do think multiple world champions is ******. its part of the bull**** but it dont run the game.
                    Only guy that even remotely dodged Spence openly was Thurman. IMO, that wasn't even a duck. He told Spence he has to earn it and he's right. None of the rest have done or said anything so it's speculation.

What did Paul Williams do when the "top guys" didn't want it? He moved up. Real talk, Spence is a bítch. Quit waiting around for a LW to move up and get to work!

The promoters don't control the sport, the sanctioning bodies do. What does a promoter have to do with these ****** mando's?

A guy like Canelo refusing a mando is one thing, but putting in these nonames as mando's or if you have a title and move up a class you become a mando is ****** as fùck.

Got a title and want to move up? Start from the bottom like the rest and become a champ.

Comment

Everybody knows the WBC rarely enforce their mandatories anyway. If the winner of Porter vs Garcia wants to unify with Spence or Crawford I can't imagine they would try to block it.

Comment

Working...
                      X