Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has hits harder between Povetkin, Ortiz, Joshua and who is the better puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pffffffft golovkin hits twice as hard as all the fighters mentioned above, and any fighter Yet to be mentioned

Comment

they all have PED power

in all seriousness, ortiz has the timing, joshua speed, povetkin strength

Comment

Not sure why Ortiz is considered by some ahead of povetkin and Joshua. Watch his fights he really is more a technical fighter than a knockout king. Just watch the wilder fight and how he couldn’t finish him off as a prime example. There is some real weak opponents Ortiz beat on points.

That doesn’t mean he is weak but is clearly behind povetkin and Joshua on single punch power

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          Not sure why Ortiz is considered by some ahead of povetkin and Joshua. Watch his fights he really is more a technical fighter than a knockout king. Just watch the wilder fight and how he couldn’t finish him off as a prime example. There is some real weak opponents Ortiz beat on points.

That doesn’t mean he is weak but is clearly behind povetkin and Joshua on single punch power
          Only 2 fighters have gone the distance with Ortiz, 10 have gone the distance with Pedvetkin.

Pedvetkin couldn't even drop Marco Huck despite hitting him with everything he had, if you watch his bouts he hits guys with a lot of shots and doesn't hurt them especially recently.

AJ is more debatable, although I think guys are more mentally defeated when fighting him so they just give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Only 2 fighters have gone the distance with Ortiz, 10 have gone the distance with Pedvetkin.

Pedvetkin couldn't even drop Marco Huck despite hitting him with everything he had, if you watch his bouts he hits guys with a lot of shots and doesn't hurt them especially recently.

AJ is more debatable, although I think guys are more mentally defeated when fighting him so they just give up.
            Some of Ortiz:

Wilder - rocked wilder but couldn’t do anything more; no more than others like molina.

One round from taking David Allen to points.

Malik Scott - points

Epifanio Mendoza - won by dq only second half of fight

Ruben Rivera - same - dq second half.

Kendrick releford - points

Now I’m not trying to discredit Ortiz but all the names on this list (bar wilder) you would have expected an early KO against. When reviewing this is really does remind me how weak Ortiz resume is, he only really has Jennings as a win - and he’s only really a 20-40 rank fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
              Some of Ortiz:

Wilder - rocked wilder but couldn’t do anything more; no more than others like molina.

One round from taking David Allen to points.

Malik Scott - points

Epifanio Mendoza - won by dq only second half of fight

Ruben Rivera - same - dq second half.

Kendrick releford - points

Now I’m not trying to discredit Ortiz but all the names on this list (bar wilder) you would have expected an early KO against. When reviewing this is really does remind me how weak Ortiz resume is, he only really has Jennings as a win - and he’s only really a 20-40 rank fighter
              Wilder has a very good chin and did a good job of surviving vs Ortiz who only had 40 seconds.

When he fought these opponents their records were:
              Stiverne-24 wins, 21 knockouts
              Molina-23 wins, 17 knockouts

Some of these decision wins only lasted around 6 rounds.

Believe it or not these guys have knockout power. Vitali couldn't cold clock Adamek like Molina did, nor did he ever hit Arreola with a punch as hard as Stiverne did.

-Ortiz-Allen was only scheduled for 8 rounds, he stopped him in 7. Whyte a top 10 fighter went 10 with Allen to a decision. Also took Yoka longer to stop him.

-Malik Scott only threw 13 punches per round, Scott touched the canvas around 5-7x, only 3 official though. Nobody was knocking out Scott that night.

-Mendoza was on his way to being stopped before a low blow in the 7th, NC.

-Rivera DQ low blow 5th round

-Releford, barley his 3rd pro fight, 8 rounder.

Ortiz performed better vs Allen than top 10 Whyte.
              Performed better than Pulev/Takam (one top 10, other around 10) against Thompson.
              Performed better than Perez (ranked 10 at one point) and Wlad (#1) against Jennings.
              Performed better against Wilder (arguably #1) than Stiverne (ranked top 5 when he fought Wilder) and everyone else
              Performed better than Chisora (around top 10) against Scott, never trailing unlike Chisora who was down on all 3 cards.

Huck wasn't top 3 in his own division let alone HW, knocked out by Cunningham, Glowacki, got a gift against Afolabi as well. Went the distance in an all out war, where was Pedvetkin's power against a cruiser?

Chagaev arguably lost to Valuev & John Ruiz, gave Pedvetkin hell in a war despite previously being KO'd by Wlad.

Started out 0-4 to Takam on the cards before coming back, performed slightly better than Dereck Chisora recently did.

Couldn't stop Hammer, previously stopped by Fury years ago.

Couldn't stop Rudenko. Couldn't stop Chambers, couldn't stop Firtha. Never came close to hurting Wlad.

His only relevant recent KO's have been Wach a gifted stoppage, Mike Perez who admitted to being drunk and not caring, and Duhapaus who took the bout on 20 hours notice, and Takam who he had to come back against.

Pedvetkin is not that great or big of a puncher. No idea how people regard him so highly after that war with Huck, his power and skill was exposed badly.
              Last edited by Cutthroat; 09-01-2018, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Ortiz by some distance.

Comment

AJ can hit obviously but how many one punch K Os does he have?
                  He's never struck me as this devastating puncher he's made out to be.

You can make mistakes vs him, you make one against Wilder or Ortiz you're waking up with a flashlight in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    AJ can hit obviously but how many one punch K Os does he have?
                    He's never struck me as this devastating puncher he's made out to be.

You can make mistakes vs him, you make one against Wilder or Ortiz you're waking up with a flashlight in your face.
                    That's a fair point. Until AJ actually stops someone of any note...I won't rate his power as anything special. I'm not saying he has had ref stoppages on the level of zags/Manfredo...but he's still had mostly ref stoppages.

Comment

An when it comes to straight right hook pov and Ortiz I would say better combination. Overall I will pick AJ.

Comment

Working...
                      X