Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Explains Their Protest of Canelo's Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abel is in the right. The gloves have not been tested, and have only been used in amateur bouts in Mexico. There is no evidence that these gloves will hold up for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
      I wish abel would stfu ...weren't other boxers that ggg fought complaining about ggg's gloves..and he still wore them..
      I never saw anyone complain about G wearing his standard Grant gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Untested, unused gloves do not belong in a World Championship bout!

Test them in spar session then in prelim if they prove out.

If GGG has never used them why should he be forced to wear them.

Personally I'm tired of both of these guys!

Ray
        What makes you tired of the guy trying to fight the right way without the use of drugs or untested gloves?

Comment

Just imagine what would happen if ggg approaches the nv commission with some gloves made in Kazakhstan and never used in a professional match...

Comment

So what will the argument be if the gloves are used on the 13th and survive 10 rounds. Will it be simply that they have never been in a 12 round fight?

I love that Sanchez has the casuals spun up over nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              I never saw anyone complain about G wearing his standard Grant gloves.
              Look what Rosado and Monroe had to say about GGG's gloves there is various videos on YouTube. Its all just speculation and I dont really care as should everyone else if the commission approves the gloves who cares? That means that they met the standards and are ok to use in competition. People here are talking about well trusted brands like Rival why?

Just because they became popular in the last 6 years? Before that they were unknown in the United States. I've seen fighters wear Adidas, Reebok, Title, Pro Mex, Lonsdale, Grant, Everlast, Rival, Cleto Reyes, Ringside, Winning, Fighting and many others all in pro fights so whats the big deal it basically looks like a Cleto Reyes with a new print as long as its 10 oz and properly padded whats the difference between using another horse hair puncher glove like the MX Everlast or Cletos. They also mentioned that they have been used for fights in Mexico which are still sanctioned so obviously they dont fall apart like Sanchez claims just tactics that loudmouth is using because he knows his cash cow is in trouble.

People just like to cry alot on here and run their mouths but the gloves are not going to change the outcome of the fight the fighters are.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                Now using some brand new golves is cheating? You Lil g fanboys are something else 🤣
                Clenelo a cheat bro.. King GGG giving your boy a beating ese

Comment

Originally posted by johny joe hdz View Post
                  Clenelo a cheat bro.. King GGG giving your boy a beating ese
                  Don't call me ese, i'm not like you

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                    I wish abel would stfu ...weren't other boxers that ggg fought complaining about ggg's gloves..and he still wore them..
                    You go first, bub.

Comment

Zero issues with this, problems over gloves are way more rampant in the sport than gets announced. Didn't Floyd give Maidana a million or something over a gloves issue? We just want a fight with no controversy this time if that means use established gloves...fk it use established gloves. Could this be abel trying to fk with canelo and his team? Maybe. I just don't want any excuses from either side at the end of the night considering i'm about to drop a mint on tickets to see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X