Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Explains Their Protest of Canelo's Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allen23 View Post
    im sure his custom made gloves by his clen butcher are well within regulation rules lol
    If they are not...Alvarez should not be allowed to wear them and it would further the evidence that he is a cheater.

Comment

• Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
      yup..canelo looking for every possible way to cheat...canelo is promoting cheating...disgrace
      Team lil g looking for every possible excuse cuz they know they going to lose....team lil g & fans promoting fear....pathetic

Comment

only the footballs arent used to damage people..gloves are
        I actually agree with Abel and I think you missed the point and analogy. Footballs can be altered to gain a competitive advantage just like boxing gloves can be altered. Remember Antonio Margarito. Abel is concerned about the safety and the creative substance of the gloves. Will they hold up in a championship fight never being used before in one. Or quite frankly, Abel may be more concerned if everything is on the up and legit with those gloves because of the prior controversy surrounding Canelo’s camp.

That was the main issue with the Brady scandal and why he got suspended. It was about altering something that’s part of the sport to gain a competitive advantage against an opponent. And based on the scandal Canelo just came from that initially postponed the rematch, the optics don’t look good requesting new gloves created by his camp. Abel doesn’t trust Canelo’s camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          How would you or I know that gloves are untested when used by any fighter? Most of the time if we hear anything it's just the brand.

Also, it shouldn't matter whether it's the biggest fight of the year or two prospects fighting. Gloves standards are about safety. That's why there are specifications and rules. Anything that relates to potential competitive advantage should be in the contract.
          Well I think it's a big difference. Imagine the outcry if the gloves break in the years biggest fight compared to in a clubfight. The scrutiny on the commision letting the gloves pass untested would be immense.

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
            I think Team GGG just got into Canelo's head and they are playing games and Clenny has lost his head at least twice in this camp.

Golovkin will win.
            Team lil g are in their own heads....shook.

Nelo will win again.

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
              I actually agree with Abel and I think you missed the point and analogy. Footballs can be altered to gain a competitive advantage just like boxing gloves can be altered. Remember Antonio Margarito. Abel is concerned about the safety and the creative substance of the gloves. Will they hold up in a championship fight never being used before in one. Or quite frankly, Abel may be more concerned if everything is on the up and legit with those gloves because of the prior controversy surrounding Canelo’s camp.

That was the main issue with the Brady scandal and why he got suspended. It was about altering something that’s part of the sport to gain a competitive advantage against an opponent. And based on the scandal Canelo just came from that initially postponed the rematch, the optics don’t look good requesting new gloves created by his camp. Abel doesn’t trust Canelo’s camp.
              agreed, the point i was makig was that although both are cheating and altering gloves and balls to give themselves an unfair advantage its still different. Whether it be brady altering the air pressure in balls, or baseball players taking steroids for more home runs its cheating but not causing physical damage on another party. in boxing these advantages gained by gloves or wraps could potentially have a damaging and lasting effect on someones health. I just cant fathom how people blindly support canelo but i guess i shouldnt be surprised as we live in a world full of sheep..

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Well I think it's a big difference. Imagine the outcry if the gloves break in the years biggest fight compared to in a clubfight. The scrutiny on the commision letting the gloves pass untested would be immense.
                Well that would be for the commission to decide. To think that Alvarez team would use a glove they didnt think would last 12 rounds is a little naive. When considering how a torn glove could negatively affect Alvarez in a fight, there is no net benefit.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  Team lil g are in their own heads....shook.

Nelo will win again.
                  Step back into reality please...

Who was shook to address the Press on his PED allegations???
                  Who is shook to have press conferences Face to Face???
                  Who is looking for every advantage under the sun, including judges, referees, hand wraps, gloves???
                  Canelo Canelo Canelo

Cut the **** and stop spouting non-sense... Ay Dios Mio

Comment

• Fighters get custom made gloves made for specific fights. These gloves aren't off the shelf. How are these gloves tested? Surely someone should question a glove made by me. Why? I'm inexperienced and could screw up the specs.

Would this be a big deal if Grant took Reynoso design and made the glove for Alvarez?

Comment

agreed, the point i was makig was that although both are cheating and altering gloves and balls to give themselves an unfair advantage its still different. Whether it be brady altering the air pressure in balls, or baseball players taking steroids for more home runs its cheating but not causing physical damage on another party. in boxing these advantages gained by gloves or wraps could potentially have a damaging and lasting effect on someones health. I just cant fathom how people blindly support canelo but i guess i shouldnt be surprised as we live in a world full of sheep..
                      But it’s not different based on each individual sport and what those competitive advantages are that can be gained in each sport. Boxing is a combat sport so anything altered or done to gain an advantage can be potentially dangerous. That’s common sense and doesn’t have to be over stated. Everyone knows that already. But the analogy had to do with gaining a competitive advantage against an opponent regardless of the sport.

And you understand my point wasn’t to support Canelo? I stated that I agreed with Abel rejecting the gloves several times already. The analogy had nothing to do with that. Again, it’s about gaining a competitive advantage and Abel is making sure none are gained. He can’t take their word for it that they are using them in training and they are safe. And in Abel’s own comments, he mentioned rejecting the gloves because they have never been used in a championship fight before. He didn’t want them to fall apart during a fight and have to be repaired, possibly halting the momentum of GGG by Canelo getting extra rest. And he is contesting based on that BUT he is also using that because he is suspicious based on everything that has already transpired. So he is protecting his fighter who is like a son to him at the same time. Abel doesn’t have to trust the the creative engineering with those gloves, especially if they haven’t been tested or used in a championship fight. And he would be a fool to not protect his fighter, especially with the Margarito fight as a reference for everyone to look back on.
                      And I’m a boxing fan personally. I’m not a fan of any particular fighter. I’m not a fan of any sports person. We all put on our pants the same way. I’m a fan of sports and competition. Big difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X