No announcement yet.

Barry Hearn: "I would wait 2 years to fight Wilder"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    Didn’t Warren himself say that bt were involved. I’m certain he said that he knew the money in the 50mil offer was there because he helped get some of it together
    No, that's not what he said. That's how Hearn spun it on IFL. And of course anything Hearn says on IFL, all AJ fans must believe it within 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
      File that in the same cylindrical metal container that we put Deontay's 'It's not about the money'.
      Deontay proved he was telling the truth by accepting a ridiculous low ball flat fee offer. Then Hearn still refused to do the fight next, so Wilder has moved on. Once again proving it's not about the money because if it was about the money, he wouldn't be refusing to fight AJ now when 15 million is more than he can make elsewhere.

The 50 million offer and the 15m flat fee can both go in there at the same time, neither one was ever going to be accepted.
      You're lying. Wilder did accept the 15 million.

Finkel is not going to advise his client to sign away any right to a potential upside.
      Finkel confirmed they accepted the fight, Hearn asked for a few days to get a date, a few days later admitted the date wouldn't be until April, and that's when Wilder said **** THIS.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        You're allowing yourself to be brainwashed by Eddie's latest IFL propaganda.

The 50 million was real. Confirmed many times by Hearn himself (although he can never keep his story straight on anything). Confirmed by Showtime. Confirmed by Finkel.

Yes, AJ's broadcaster is Sky. But AJ is the one that asked for 50 million and he'd sign tomorrow, so it's up to his broadcaster to be willing to pay fair market value for the fight so Wilder's side can try to make their money back.

Finkel talked publicly when the 50 million offer was made that there was NO PROBLEM giving the UK rights to Sky, as long as Sky was willing to match BT's offer.
        You obviously are making assumptions here.

1) This was NOT an Eddie Hearn interview
        2) frank Warren and finkel have both confirmed intention was to use BT
        3) sky have an exclusive boxing deal with matchroom and Joshua. Any sky deal has to go through them therefore making assumptions re U.K. Side of the market irrelevant to some degree as they would have to agree that amount directly with Hearn himself!

Comment

You're lying.
          I'm happy to engage with you or indeed anyone here on the basis of assuming good faith on either side. Once you start using terms like lying that's no longer applicable. You wouldn't get away with using that term to my face and you won't online either.

If you withdraw it and refrain from making that kind of slur in future I'll be happy to respond to any of the points you've made.

Comment

I'm happy to engage with you or indeed anyone here on the basis of assuming good faith on either side. Once you start using terms like lying that's no longer applicable. You wouldn't get away with using that term to my face and you won't online either.

If you withdraw it and refrain from making that kind of slur in future I'll be happy to respond to any of the points you've made.
            Your talking to a little troll who claims to have worked for three to the governing bodies! It's like taking blood from a stone!

Comment

No, that's not what he said. That's how Hearn spun it on IFL. And of course anything Hearn says on IFL, all AJ fans must believe it within 24 hours.
              I’m basing this based of an article on here from an interview with warren where he said the overall package included money from bt as well and he helped him put it all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                Didn’t Warren himself say that bt were involved. I’m certain he said that he knew the money in the 50mil offer was there because he helped get some of it together
                No, he never said he helped get some of it together. He said he helped them understand the UK landscape when they were putting together their offer. Somebody ought to do the same for Hearn with the US.

Comment

Originally posted by robbietor View Post
                  The BT part is probably true because Frank Warren advised Finkel on the details of the offer to make to Hearn - BT is a complete non-starter regardless of how much the offer is/was.
                  But everybody wants Wilder to switch from Showtime who have looked after him and his biggest fight will be on Danz, get the **** out of here you guys are deluded and really believe he is KING as he is popular

Comment

File that in the same cylindrical metal container that we put Deontay's 'It's not about the money'. The 50 million offer and the 15m flat fee can both go in there at the same time, neither one was ever going to be accepted.

Finkel is not going to advise his client to sign away any right to a potential upside. Hearn is never going to advise his client to give up all his A side advantage and disrupt his longstanding lucrative commercial deals.

This talk will doubtless help build the eventual fight but that's all it remains.
                    Except for that time Wilder flew all the way to Russia to fight Povetkin

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      No, he never said he helped get some of it together. He said he helped them understand the UK landscape when they were putting together their offer. Somebody ought to do the same for Hearn with the US.
                      I reread it again. I think he was a bit sheepish in his wording he did say about helping get the money together but he never outright said it was bt’s Money but I don’t think he would’ve helped without being cut in in one way or another

Comment

Working...
                      X