Boxrec shows fighters suspended indefinitely after their last fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all fighters are suspended after fights

Comment

It’s normal procedure after a boxer has had a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        It just shows "suspended by California State Athletic Commission indefinitely" under his name. He's probably not the only fighter.

It's fairly common that fighters are suspended after fights though. He fought here 20 months ago so it looks slightly odd but I think it may just be as simple as he has to sign a piece of paper for clearance.
        Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Yep, you guys are correct. They suspend you now up until you apply/sign to fight in that state again. Then it's the usual health procedures and medical runs before clearing you.

So theoretically, you could fight in say New York, be suspended by the commission all the until say another 5 years, whereby you apply to fight there again and commit to the usual procedures

Comment

If anything serious had happened to Jermall Boxing Scene Top Headlines would report it right away. They are fast and accurate with all important boxing news. If for some reason he can't fight in California he could still fight in all the other states so it would have no real effect on his career.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            Just googled Jermall Charlo suspended and it leads me to this thread, lol.
            That google is fast and right on top of things. They don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              It just shows "suspended by California State Athletic Commission indefinitely" under his name. He's probably not the only fighter.

It's fairly common that fighters are suspended after fights though. He fought here 20 months ago so it looks slightly odd but I think it may just be as simple as he has to sign a piece of paper for clearance.
              Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
              Yep, you guys are correct. They suspend you now up until you apply/sign to fight in that state again. Then it's the usual health procedures and medical runs before clearing you.

So theoretically, you could fight in say New York, be suspended by the commission all the until say another 5 years, whereby you apply to fight there again and commit to the usual procedures
              Really?

I never heard of that before. Jermall's opponent is also listed as suspended, but Martirosyan isn't, and he just got KOd in California.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                If anything serious had happened to Jermall Boxing Scene Top Headlines would report it right away. They are fast and accurate with all important boxing news. If for some reason he can't fight in California he could still fight in all the other states so it would have no real effect on his career.
                But after Canelo got suspended by Nevada, I read here that it would prevent him from fighting anywhere in the US, as all States honour each other's suspensions.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Really?

I never heard of that before. Jermall's opponent is also listed as suspended, but Martirosyan isn't, and he just got KOd in California.
                  look up Wilder, says he is suspended as well

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post

It varies state to state I believe. Some states revoke the suspension if you're cleared to fight in other states iirc.

Comment

lomachenko suspended by New York State Athletic http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/659771

Comment

Working...
                      X