Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So far everyone in the MW division has a fight..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think he's waiting for the wbc shot. It sucks, but I can't blame him for not wanting to risk it.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      So why are ya'll even talking about him?
      It's a boxing forum

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
        He's not even getting the ggg fight in the first place. Literally nothing to be threatened by
        Of course there is. You get threatened whenever an American, especially a black American or one managed by Haymon, uses GGG's "KO bums until I reach top" blueprint.

You railed against the resumes of Wilder, Spence, Crawford, Charlos yet were perfectly fine with GGG's path.

Comment

27-0, 21 KO's. Who wants some? Where they at? Charlo has to start making some NOISE!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Of course there is. You get threatened whenever an American, especially a black American or one managed by Haymon, uses GGG's "KO bums until I reach top" blueprint.

You railed against the resumes of Wilder, Spence, Crawford, Charlos yet were perfectly fine with GGG's path.
            Andrade is more of a threat than 'cubs only'

Comment

It's a boxing forum
              He is a threat and that is why you are so negative on him..If he wasn't GGG's mando you would have 0 to say about him

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Whoa! Whoa! Let's just stop right there.
                - When Golovkin was waiting for WBA to enforce his MANDATORY was he sitting there twiddling his thumbs? No he was fighting 4 times a year trying to build his brand & gain enough attention/demand for the champ to fight him.
                - When Golovkin couldn't get Martinez or any other champ to step in the ring & actually try to unify? No he forced the WBC's hand by fighting Rubio to become the MANDATORY of that belt too.
                - When Golovkin couldn't get Cotto to man up & make a defense did he just sit back waiting? No, he fought twice more before Cotto made his first defense against the guy GGG just KO'd in 2!
                - When Golovkin still couldn't get Cotto to honor his MANDATORY did GGG sit there waiting? No he unified with the IBF champ.
                - When Golovkin couldn't get Canelo to back up his words & step up to the plate did he sit back? No, he once again fought the best guys he could get in the ring!

Charlo had the opportunity to fight Monroe this summer before Aleem was settled on, passed. Could fight Murray or Korobov. Not enough of a name I guess. The GGG route has always been to fight anyone WILLING to step in the ring @160 & build his brand, some others choose to play the waiting game & milk their position while getting all the advantages that Golovkin was never given when he was in the EXACT SAME POSITION!

He said it best in his post fight interview & again this past week during the Monroe fight when asked. "I'm the WBC mandatory, can't make any moves until that happens."

Last edited by S7V7N; 08-27-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Andrade is more of a threat than 'cubs only'
                  GGG isn't fighting either Saunders, Charlo or Andrade.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                    Whoa! Whoa! Let's just stop right there.
                    - When Golovkin was waiting for WBA to enforce his MANDATORY was he sitting there twiddling his thumbs? No he was fighting 4 times a year trying to build his brand & gain enough attention/demand for the champ to fight him.
                    - When Golovkin couldn't get Martinez or any other champ to step in the ring & actually try to unify? No he forced the WBC's hand by fighting Rubio to become the MANDATORY of that belt too.
                    - When Golovkin couldn't get Cotto to man up & make a defense did he just sit back waiting? No, he fought twice more before Cotto made his first defense against the guy GGG just KO'd in 2!
                    - When Golovkin still couldn't get Cotto to honor his MANDATORY did GGG sit there waiting? No he unified with the IBF champ.
                    - When Golovkin couldn't get Canelo to back up his words & step up to the plate did he sit back? No, he once again fought the best guys he could get in the ring!

Charlo had the opportunity to fight Monroe this summer before Aleem was settled on, passed. Could fight Murray or Korobov. Not enough of a name I guess. The GGG route has always been to fight anyone WILLING to step in the ring @160 & build his brand, some others choose to play the waiting game & milk their position while getting all the advantages that Golovkin was never given when he was in the EXACT SAME POSITION!

He said it best in his post fight interview & again this past week during the Monroe fight when asked. "I'm the WBC mandatory, can't make any moves until that happens."

fair points. Charlo fought in April. He needs to fight soon. I hope he faces top comp and not a bum.

Comment

because he has no actual titler at mw nor any top ranking there yet.

the others have so must be expected to fight a good opp.

Comment

Working...
                      X