Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Weight Class for Season 2 of WBSS Confirmed

It will be Cruiserweight.

https://twitter.com/SauerlandBros/status/1031868547717320707?s=19

Legitimately confused about this. Obviously Usyk won't participate in it, but are the other guys plus a few changes something to expect?

maybe Usyk is defending his crown? or if he moves up, then it's to crown a new king?

either way, was hoping for Light Heavyweight.

Comment

Well, I hope Briedis enters. Glowacki as well.

Comment

At least give it a year for new contenders to come through. They're already cannibalising their own stock.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          maybe Usyk is defending his crown? or if he moves up, then it's to crown a new king?

either way, was hoping for Light Heavyweight.
          Well, he's fighting Bellew next and there is no point of him staying at CW after that fight. And no point of him joining the tourney unless financially it is the only thing that makes sense. He's around 30 years old and needs to start his HW campaign ASAP. The division is hearing up and he is clearly the most talented fighter by far. Obviously we have no idea how his chin holds up or if he has the pop to hold the bigger guys off of him, but we will find out soon enough.

Comment

Goulamirian and Vlasov would be good additions.

Comment

I'd like to see

Breidis-Dorticos
              Gassiev-Glowacki
              Makabu-Vlasov
              Maybe Lebedev gets in based on his name/paper title. Larena? Seems too soon for Okolie or Egorov. The way they pull that 4-0 Russian in at bantamweight makes me think it could be one of the unbeaten Russians though.

Comment

I read this earlier and it really irritated me. I feel like they’re undoing all their hard work with this one. Light heavyweight is literally crying out for a tournament like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                  I read this earlier and it really irritated me. I feel like they’re undoing all their hard work with this one. Light heavyweight is literally crying out for a tournament like this.
                  Think that was what they really wanted. Kalle was kicking off at HBO after Kovalev got beat for signing him to a 3 fight deal.

Heres the tweet https://mobile.twitter.com/Sauerland...6516870145?p=v
                  Last edited by Randall Cunning; 08-21-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I agree their killing what good they have done with this tournament
                    Cruiserweight division is fine and the tourney was exciting and fairly fair in my respect
                    But give them a chance , don’t want to see Lebedev just cause theirs no one else to throw in the mix
                    I would do the light heavy division , it might actually force some of the fighters to fight each other
                    Fugh Kovalev , other big names to go with and make it very successful

Comment

Working...
                    X