No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME PPV For Wilder v Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I don’t think Garcia-Spence really moves the needle but they do need a good undercard. The key is getting them out to the public. Their personalities will do the rest. Again the fight announcement led on ESPN. And it’s overshadowed everything in boxing right now.
    They need a really good card. Fighters that can sell PPV buys.

REALLY? It was on Sport Center today?
    They should really promote the ***** out of that fight.
    Do First Take, Undisputed whatever they can do to promote it.
    Would be great if Tyson Fury had his training camp at Big Bear. He would be more available to the media.

This is the biggest heavyweight fight in the USA since Lewis vs. Tyson, which was 16 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
      I really really do hope it does sell around 500K. I want it to succeed.

If they are really smart. They put Mickey vs. Spence as co-main event.
      Then they definitely will do 500K.
      I don't think that's smart because it's not feasible all four are going to want massive pay days which one PPV isn't going to be able to cover.

They are going to look to have Mikey and Spence headline a PPV not be a co-main of one.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        One guy says Mikey...
        The other guy says: "As you thought, Alvarez..."

Maybe it's Mikey vs Spence?
        That's what the translation said but I was confused because he called him Alvarez and that's not the guys name. Unless his name is Alvarez and he's using a different screen name.

And this is the second part of the tweet where it looks like they're talking about something different

Comment

They need a really good card. Fighters that can sell PPV buys.

REALLY? It was on Sport Center today?
          They should really promote the ***** out of that fight.
          Do First Take, Undisputed whatever they can do to promote it.
          Would be great if Tyson Fury had his training camp at Big Bear. He would be more available to the media.

This is the biggest heavyweight fight in the USA since Lewis vs. Tyson, which was 16 years ago.
          I think they’ll do all of those. And more. Plenty of time to promote it.

Comment

I think they’ll do all of those. And more. Plenty of time to promote it.
            Really hope they do.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I don't think that's smart because it's not feasible all four are going to want massive pay days which one PPV isn't going to be able to cover.

They are going to look to have Mikey and Spence headline a PPV not be a co-main of one.
              Maybe you are right. But Mickey vs. Spence is a really weak PPV headliner.
              Don't know if a joint PPV card don't do more with the buys and gate together than separately.

Comment

Maybe you are right. But Mickey vs. Spence is a really weak PPV headliner.
                Don't know if a joint PPV card don't do more with the buys and gate together than separately.
                I’d be surprised if that’s the co. Highly unlikely. I’d be surprised if it’s a PPV period

Comment

I’d be surprised if that’s the co. Highly unlikely. I’d be surprised if it’s a PPV period
                  Rumblings are it will be if it happens.

I'm skeptical it happens though.

I'd way rather they just do Wilder-Fury and have Spence fight Porter-Danny winner and Mikey fight Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Rumblings are it will be if it happens.

I'm skeptical it happens though.

I'd way rather they just do Wilder-Fury and have Spence fight Porter-Danny winner and Mikey fight Lomachenko.
                    Same here. Not buying the rumblings. But of course, I don't see Mikey fighting Loma anytime soon, if ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      That's what the translation said but I was confused because he called him Alvarez and that's not the guys name. Unless his name is Alvarez and he's using a different screen name.

And this is the second part of the tweet where it looks like they're talking about something different

Not sure who the **** is Alvarez tbh. Seems like they're talking about some other fighter there.

Comment

Working...
                      X