Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The feeling in Tyson Fury's camp is that he's signed his own death warrant.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement fight for Fury nothing to lose lots to gain public is being sucked in.

He will get knocked out within 5 collect a nice paycheck and disappear out of the spotlight this time for good.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
      Who was around here before the Wlad fight? Some people have very short memories.

Before the Wlad fight, everybody was saying the same thing, Fury is a bum, no skills, Wlad is too good, too big, too strong, too much power, Fury won't be able to keep him off him, blah blah. Fury needs to fight someone bigger, Fury needs to fight someone else to keep busy, Chisora & Hammer are not adequate prep, blah blah blah.

Sound familiar?
      It's a bit different because Tyson has just had 2 to 3 years of drug & alcohol abuse, gone through serious obesity resulting in the necessity for extreme weight-loss and he's also experienced suicidal depression. Before the Wlad fight he put on a career-best performance against Chisora in the rematch (which was then subsequently matched by his career-best performance against Wladimir). Tyson already showed what he was capable of against Chisora, he was operating at about the same level against Wladimir, but he hasn't reached that level in the few months he's been back.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        It's a bit different because Tyson has just had 2 to 3 years of drug & alcohol abuse, gone through serious obesity resulting in the necessity for extreme weight-loss and he's also experienced suicidal depression. Before the Wlad fight he put on a career-best performance against Chisora in the rematch (which was then subsequently matched by his career-best performance against Wladimir). Tyson already showed what he was capable of against Chisora, he was operating at about the same level against Wladimir, but he hasn't reached that level in the few months he's been back.
        Fury has been abusing alcohol & blowing up and down in weight his entire career, as well as experiencing depression, it's not something that's suddenly come about.

My point is, everyone dismissed Fury's chances before the Wlad fight for the same reasons as now, basically that Wlad hits too hard and Fury isn't prepared enough.

Comment

Who was around here before the Wlad fight? Some people have very short memories.

Before the Wlad fight, everybody was saying the same thing, Fury is a bum, no skills, Wlad is too good, too big, too strong, too much power, Fury won't be able to keep him off him, blah blah. Fury needs to fight someone bigger, Fury needs to fight someone else to keep busy, Chisora & Hammer are not adequate prep, blah blah blah.

Sound familiar?
          Wilder is an overrated bum. Fury has nothing to fear.
          Fury has been abusing alcohol & blowing up and down in weight his entire career, as well as experiencing depression, it's not something that's suddenly come about.

My point is, everyone dismissed Fury's chances before the Wlad fight for the same reasons as now, basically that Wlad hits too hard and Fury isn't prepared enough.
          Greenk for being honest and consistent. Too bad we don't have more around here like this.

If Wilder wins, lets hope he gets credit he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Greenk for being honest and consistent. Too bad we don't have more around here like this.

If Wilder wins, lets hope he gets credit he deserves.
            If Wilder beats Fury, he gets all the credit in the world from me, no excuses. If Tyson says he's ready, that's good enough for me.

Comment

Am not even worried about all of that. The fact that he is jumping in after 2 years off of doing that, after fighting two bums means a lot of people don’t think he has a chance. I see why people aren’t giving him a chance. Personally I don’t give him any chance too, but strange things happens in boxing. And the pressure is solely on Wilder to win this fight. Fury losing and people would just say he wasn’t ready yet, he has played this nicely IMHO. Wilder is the one taking all the risk here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Am not even worried about all of that. The fact that he is jumping in after 2 years off of doing that, after fighting two bums means a lot of people don’t think he has a chance. I see why people aren’t giving him a chance. Personally I don’t give him any chance too, but strange things happens in boxing. And the pressure is solely on Wilder to win this fight. Fury losing and people would just say he wasn’t ready yet, he has played this nicely IMHO. Wilder is the one taking all the risk here.
                If Wilder was some elite boxer i'd probably say the same, but he's not. He's a mediocre boxer with a big punch, that's all.

It's a 50/50 fight and that's only because it'll be Fury's first proper fight after his absence. If it was left to marinate for another 12 months i'd say it's 80-20 for Fury.

Comment

3 years out the ring and a big chunk of money in the bank means it's very likely the longest drugs and alcohol binge Fury's ever done in his life, the heaviest he's ever weighed, without a training camp to break things up in between, which means the accumulated damage to his body is probably much greater than ever before. He already showed prior to the Wlad fight that he was operating at a high level in the Chisora rematch but he hasn't yet reached that level since he returned.

Wlad is also a completely different style to Wilder, he was quite orthodox, predictable and even limited, but he perfected his style and he had the size, strength and speed to make it very hard to get past his jab for opponents that were smaller or slower than him (nearly all of his opponents, with a few exceptions such as Fury). Wilder is much more unorthodox and unpredictable, and while he doesn't yet have the finesse that Wladimir once did, he presents a completely different challenge. I get your point though, Fury has been written off before as an underdog and he won so it's definitely not impossible but I'd say the circumstances are very different this time around.

Comment

They are right, Fury is not ready, but he probably never will be after what he did to his body. His goose is cooked

Comment

The commentators said on Saturday Fury got up to 410 lbs. Add that to not fighting for three years and I think it's obvious he's done. It's a cherry pick by Wilder and Fury is too impulsive so he's gone for it. He should gradually have worked his way back but then again he may not think he's got a long term future in the game so is cashing out.

Comment

Working...
                      X