Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the FINANCES for Wilder v Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is way bigger than the AJ fight, according to Wilder.
    So he has to make way bigger money than the one he avoided.
    He also bestowed mad props to retired Fury for accepting the fight.
    Real question is, will they be offering Fury way bigger than $50 mil?
    Surely, they have to give guarantees to these greedy people.
    Another question is, will the investors even break even in this circus that needs multi-million dollars in promotional expenses?
    Americans don't even know who these clowns are.

Comment

Both guaranteed somewhere between $10-15 milly before PPV upside

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
        This is way bigger than the AJ fight, according to Wilder.
        So he has to make way bigger money than the one he avoided.
        He also bestowed mad props to retired Fury for accepting the fight.
        Real question is, will they be offering Fury way bigger than $50 mil?
        Surely, they have to give guarantees to these greedy people.
        Another question is, will the investors even break even in this circus that needs multi-million dollars in promotional expenses?
        Americans don't even know who these clowns are.
        Lol exactly the point I was poking fun at...he "offered" AJ 50 mill, surely as this is a "bigger" fight, they should both be making more, which puts it into Pac/May territory.

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Both guaranteed somewhere between $10-15 milly before PPV upside
        Ah ok, can you tell me the sources for this info?

Comment

I have doubts wilder earns any more than he would fighting whyte in the uk. I dontnknow where all these US ppv sales are gonna come from.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Ah ok, can you tell me the sources for this info?
            Eddie Hearn.

Warren says theres a clause in the contract saying they cant reveal purses.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Eddie Hearn.

Warren says theres a clause in the contract saying they cant reveal purses.
              So you know what sources Im Dazed used? Do you know him personally? Did you speak to him just now?

And when, where, why, how has Hearn revealed the finances for a fight he isnt even close to being involved in?

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                I have doubts wilder earns any more than he would fighting whyte in the uk. I dontnknow where all these US ppv sales are gonna come from.
                I'd be surprised if he makes $8 mill...I know reports will pop up with crazy numbers but they won't add up.

Comment

Fury does better tv than AJ worldwide virwership wise.

You guys are dead wrong.

Winner of this fight is the A side.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Why. Do. You. Care!?!? Are you making some of it? Wtf has this board turned into? Everyone is a damn accountant now
                    You want to shut down the discussion when it comes to Wilder finances huh?

You Americans are more than happy to talk about Joshua's motives for turning down a $50m deal, but when it comes to Wilder turning down $15m to fight for less against Fury you want to shut the conversation down?

By all accounts, Wilder will not meet $15m from the first fight. This means that he is banking on a rematch win or lose. Against a fighter who has not fought a top contender in over 3 years, who has lost 140lbs and seems to be a shell of the fighter he once was.

Instead of fighting for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world?

Come on, how can you excuse that BS.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      It's weird the finances haven't been mentioned, meaning Wilder is likely to earn a lot less, meaning they are a bit embarrassed about not making AJ money.

And you're right, the worst part is, Fury could clown his way to a points victory lol
                      No date or venue have OFFICIALLY been announced either , the fact is both these guys arent huge draws without eachother so theyre not going to bicker about money and demand ridiculous stipulations bc they can split 50% .

Wilder wont make his finances public bc he knows it will show he ducked Joshua , but if Fury is taking less who knows what Wilder is making ?

My guess is they will wait after the fight to make anything public , if Fury wins Wilder stock plummets but i cant see how this fight INCLUDING a second one does not get him 15 Million ?

If Wilder cant generate 15 Million in two fights against another undefeated HW thats the biggest piss poor job i will have seen ever . lol

Again Wilder has no excuses no matter what he makes bc he avoided a undisputed fight where he COULD have had the opportunity to make 65 Million total , hes not going anywhere near those numbers with Fury .

Yet these clowns talk about Joshua turning down money ?

Comment

Working...
                      X