No announcement yet.

Who is Fury Lineal For?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Fury Lineal For?

We keep hearing that he is lineal champion (the tall black guy on BT let me down, as he is normally unbiased and knowledgeable), but how is that? For the last 3 decades, the lineal championship has been intertwined with The Ring magazine. Wladimir's lineal title was The Ring belt, which Fury won, ye according to The Ring, Fury is now ranked 10th and the lineal title is vacant.

Boxrec, the world's largest boxing database, also has the lineal title vacant. Anthony Joshua tops the rankings in the division for both organisations. The other body that modern boxing fans like to bring up, TBRB, also has their champion as vacant, with AJ ranked as the top guy. With the governing body belts mainly in the hands of AJ, and a single belt in the hand of Wilder, what title is Fury holding?

The final argument presented is that Fury has never lost, thus did not lose this so called "lineal" title, but, according to Fury himself, he retired. When one retires, all titles are automatically relinquished, including the faceless/beltless/organisation-less lineal title haha.

So, beyond simply saying the word, how is Fury, a man currently fighting the bottom of the scrapes of the barrel, a lineal champion?

I mean, logically, Marciano should still be lineal heavyweight champion if Fury can be.

All facts, Fury is not lineal.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
      All facts, Fury is not lineal.
      I'm waiting with bated breath for nsb historian rusty dan to tell me how Fury is lineal

Comment

Ring belt and Lineal belt stopped being "intertwined" in 1988 when Ring retired the belt.

They brought it back in 2002 with Lewis, are you implying that there were no lineal champs in that time?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          We keep hearing that he is lineal champion (the tall black guy on BT let me down, as he is normally unbiased and knowledgeable), but how is that? For the last 3 decades, the lineal championship has been intertwined with The Ring magazine. Wladimir's lineal title was The Ring belt, which Fury won, ye according to The Ring, Fury is now ranked 10th and the lineal title is vacant.

Boxrec, the world's largest boxing database, also has the lineal title vacant. Anthony Joshua tops the rankings in the division for both organisations. The other body that modern boxing fans like to bring up, TBRB, also has their champion as vacant, with AJ ranked as the top guy. With the governing body belts mainly in the hands of AJ, and a single belt in the hand of Wilder, what title is Fury holding?

The final argument presented is that Fury has never lost, thus did not lose this so called "lineal" title, but, according to Fury himself, he retired. When one retires, all titles are automatically relinquished, including the faceless/beltless/organisation-less lineal title haha.

So, beyond simply saying the word, how is Fury, a man currently fighting the bottom of the scrapes of the barrel, a lineal champion?

I mean, logically, Marciano should still be lineal heavyweight champion if Fury can be.
          They still had Ali as lineal champ even tho he retired and Holmes was never lineal until he beat him...I mean it is what it is man winner of this fight will meet Joshua next year hopefully for all the marbles

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Ring belt and Lineal belt stopped being "intertwined" in 1988 when Ring retired the belt.

They brought it back in 2002 with Lewis, are you implying that there were no lineal champs in that time?
            lol.............

Comment

I'm waiting with bated breath for nsb historian rusty dan to tell me how Fury is lineal
              This cunt has lost his marbles

You're obsessed mate.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                They still had Ali as lineal champ even tho he retired and Holmes was never lineal until he beat him...I mean it is what it is man winner of this fight will meet Joshua next year hopefully for all the marbles
                Ok, so your argument is that The Ring had Ali as champion...great, thing is, The Ring has Fury ranked 10th.

Can you tell me which organisation has Fury as champion currently?

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

No, I never said that. As I clearly mention throughout my post, is that there are multiple ways of attaining lineal status and maintaining it, none of those apply to Fury.

Comment

Don't know who that is but wanna see him trying spin facts around.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    This cunt has lost his marbles

You're obsessed mate.
                    Can you counter the points I have made? It's pretty simple if you are such a historian.

Comment

Working...
                    X