Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Pacquiao give Marquez immediate rematches???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because there were bigger things ahead. Like Hatton, Cotto, Oscar, mosley and margarito fights. Pac knows its tough to deal with Marquez. Everything just goes wrong against Marquez he’s just his kryptonite stylewise and mentally as well. The only thing that kept it close was Pac’s physical gifts, and that’s no shot at pac.
    At least he had the balls to take the fight over and over again.

Had he given him immediate rematches we would have seen the same results and his career wouldn’t have taken off like it did.

No need to compare to other fighters to figure this one out.
    Its not like Pac has less balls than them.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
      The evidence proves that one side, #48/Bob Arum, were the ones with the endless amount of excuses.

See I argue using actual facts, you guys argue using assumptions. That is the difference between me and you

You think they are “facts”.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
        Haglar wanted an immediate rematch. When that didn’t happen he retired.
        I don't think that was the case here. Leonard says in his book he and Mike Trainer were more than open to a rematch that would have earned both fighters another $10 million +.

If you watch interviews with Ray, he said he found it very easy to hit Hagler. Why would he duck a fighter he already beat? Especially for that type of money?

Hagler was shot psychologically after the first fight. It's common knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          Because there were bigger things ahead. Like Hatton, Cotto, Oscar, mosley and margarito fights. Pac knows its tough to deal with Marquez. Everything just goes wrong against Marquez he’s just his kryptonite stylewise and mentally as well. The only thing that kept it close was Pac’s physical gifts, and that’s no shot at pac.
          At least he had the balls to take the fight over and over again.

Had he given him immediate rematches we would have seen the same results and his career wouldn’t have taken off like it did.

No need to compare to other fighters to figure this one out.
          Its not like Pac has less balls than them.
          Pac did offer Marquez and immediate rematch after the first fight. But Marquez’s pride got in the way.

I won’t speak to the gap between the other fights because I don’t know what happened.

Comment

You think they are “facts”.
            I mean bob arum literally said and did the exact things i repeated in this thread so yes they are FACTS

Comment

Sorry I only argue FACTS:

TBE had close fights with maidana and castillo = Immediate rematches

Ducquiao has close fights with marquez = Mutliple year gaps between fights against an older marquez

Ducquiao gets his ass beat by horn= No rematch

Hmmmm WOW

You, Larry, Dunn, Iron Dan, and Ms. Travesty. All together now 1,2,3.
              Floyd's balls taste gud.

Comment

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
                I don't think that was the case here. Leonard says in his book he and Mike Trainer were more than open to a rematch that would have earned both fighters another $10 million +.

If you watch interviews with Ray, he said he found it very easy to hit Hagler. Why would he duck a fighter he already beat? Especially for that type of money?

Hagler was shot psychologically after the first fight. It's common knowledge.
                Of course that is what Leonard said. They approached Haglar a year later when he was already retired.

I think Leonard so ever slightly won. At least the last time I watched it. I also think he stole rounds and in a rematch with Haglar knowing his plan that would have been more difficult.

Have you ever watched Seinfeld and the race? If you did that would be my explanation. Leonard figured out a plan and IMo did just enough to win, in lots of people’s minds he didn’t, but that plan probably wouldn’t have worked again.

BTW I consider Leonard top 5 ATG. I loved watching Haglar. I prefer Haglar but I think he got nipped that night. Leonard did just enough.
                Last edited by Diego Rodriguez; 08-18-2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I mean bob arum literally said and did the exact things i repeated in this thread so yes they are FACTS

Find me the quotes where Arum says Pac ducked Mayweather.

I’ll wait for all the article links detailing how Pac ducked Floyd.

Comment

Pac did offer Marquez and immediate rematch after the first fight. But Marquez’s pride got in the way.

I won’t speak to the gap between the other fights because I don’t know what happened.
                    Doesn’t matter. It would all result in the same manner had it all happen earlier.

Or worse Pac’s career would’ve been stucked there at 130.

But to think Pac is scared? Nope. He knows it’s tough but he ain’t scared

Comment

Weren't manny and bob arum the ones who rejected the fight because of drug testing, then ducked the fight again because they didnt want to use USADA and needed more time for manny to heal from a "cut" and build a new stadium in las vegas?

Hmmmm manny has a history of ducking and waiting out opponents so the facts aren't on your side my friend

==> Floyd and USADA said that giving blood and urine (drug testing) will NOT affect you.

Floyd fans Like McFloyd believed him.

==> 5 years later, Floyd/Ellerbe said that giving blood and urine (drug testing) affected him.

Floyd fans Like McFloyd believed him.

Hypocrites!!!!

Where is your analysis of Floyd winning round #3 by a wide margin? Still waiting!!!

Marquez went overseas instead of taking the rematch. Then after #2, Manny moved up in weight.

Manny gave him 4 fights!!!
                      Marquez rematched = 0!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X