No announcement yet.

Usyk vs Bellew is a DONE deal! It's ON!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    As much as I admire Bellew for what he did against Haye...

There are levels in boxing, and Usk is at least one level above.
    bellow missed 80% of his punches thrown at Haye who could barely stand up. he is very inaccurate puncher

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      The only way Bellew could beat Usyk is if they let him use a weapon. A baseball bat or a gun might win the fight for him but under boxing rules he will get outclassed and KOed again. He is fighting a guy who has already defeated better fighters and who has never been knocked down or hurt fighting the best 200 pound boxers in the world. Bellew has bean knocked out by a light heavyweight. This fight is a one sided mismatch. Usyk is a 5 to 1 betting favorite and those odds are generous to Bellew. He isn't fighting a washed up Haye this time. Some UK fans overrate their favorite boxers so much.
      People really need to stop referencing Bellew's knockout to Stevenson when discussing his fights at Cruiser. Any boxing fan could see that Bellew had no business at 175 even when he started his career there. He was a super heavy in the amatuers, god knows why he drained himself for all of those years to fight at 175. If Bellew fought Stevenson at Cruiser he would lay him out. I reckon Bellew wins this late on, he's the best and most dangerous fighter Usyk has faced to date.....FACT!

Comment

Gassiev hit Usyk flush, let that sink in for a moment unless it is you’re trying to tell us Bellew hits harder than Gassiev *Scott tries his hardest not to laugh* you’re a comedian right ?

Comment

Poor Tony, Usyk will not only end his career but also prevent him from going back home safe to his wife and kids

Comment

I don't think Bellew is a good enough cruiser to have beaten any of the semifinalists of the tournament.

Comment

Got Usyk in this one, handily.

Comment

Disastrophe for Bellew. This man Usyk the hardest working cruiserweight in the game right now.

Comment

I don't want to rewrite history or anything because Bellew was still the underdog going into the second Haye fight, but Haye had lost his power and lost his chin. Bellew fought a perfect fight that night, but it's hard to say whether what he did would've worked against a real contender. I think Usyk beats him, but if Bellew can land the left hook then who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
                    People really need to stop referencing Bellew's knockout to Stevenson when discussing his fights at Cruiser. Any boxing fan could see that Bellew had no business at 175 even when he started his career there. He was a super heavy in the amatuers, god knows why he drained himself for all of those years to fight at 175. If Bellew fought Stevenson at Cruiser he would lay him out. I reckon Bellew wins this late on, he's the best and most dangerous fighter Usyk has faced to date.....FACT!
                    This overrating of Bellew after those Haye wins is baffling. So if you want to say weight was a factor at LHW, then explain his performances before the Makabu fight? Please tell me how much he looked against Cleverly or Masternak.

Adonis Stevenson at that point was on fire and at his absolute peak. He was just far better than Bellew. As Bellew likes to say, "Mate, he tanked me out." Bellew isn't this killer at CW or HW that some folks think. Same ole Bellew that fought a damaged good opponent two times. Props on the wins though as he was still the underdog. I hardly ever bet, but won some good bucks in the rematch. Like taking candy from a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      This overrating of Bellew after those Haye wins is baffling. So if you want to say weight was a factor at LHW, then explain his performances before the Makabu fight? Please tell me how much he looked against Cleverly or Masternak.

Adonis Stevenson at that point was on fire and at his absolute peak. He was just far better than Bellew. As Bellew likes to say, "Mate, he tanked me out." Bellew isn't this killer at CW or HW that some folks think. Same ole Bellew that fought a damaged good opponent two times. Props on the wins though as he was still the underdog. I hardly ever bet, but won some good bucks in the rematch. Like taking candy from a baby.
                      I'm not overrating Bellew at all never mind after the Haye wins. I've followed Bellew most of his career. Some of his performances over the years have been dreadfull but he finds a way to win. Look at Bellew's chicken legs in the Stevenson fight compared to his overall shape now, he's a different animal at the higher weights. People also seem to forget or ignore that until round 6 in the 1st Haye fight, Haye was throwing bombs at Bellew that would have got most Cruiserweights and Heavyweights out of there, Bellew soaked them up and kept up the pressure. I can't see Usyk having the power to stop Tony but i do see Tony being able to catch Usyk and hurt him or drop him. It's an intriguing fight that i'll look forward to if it gets made and Bellew is by no means a favourite, he's the underdog and rightly so but i just have a feeling the Fat Scouse Lad is gonna cement his legacy and end his career as undisputed champ

Comment

Working...
                      X