Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usyk vs Bellew is a DONE deal! It's ON!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I favor Usyk who is top 5 p4p at the moment, but props to Bellew for taking the fight.

Guys with Stardom like Bellew don’t need to fight fighters like Usyk. Bellew gets props for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
      On paper as well as on the eye and looking at the form book Usyk should win quite a comfortable UD but there's just something about Bellew, especially over the last 18 months,
      Bellew is hugely underrated, especially at this place. But there is something about Usyk too, something special. His record speaks for itself - world amateur champion, Olympic gold medalist, unified, undisputed world CW champion in just 15 fights.

He won all his world title belts on the road, in the opponents back yard, and he is one of those fighters who thrives on pressure and seems to enjoy the tension and atmosphere of a passionate, partisan fight crowd, even if most of them are rooting for the other guy.

I think Bellew vs Usyk will be a great occasion, and Bellew will put up a great fight. But I just can't see him beating Usyk.

Comment

Bellew is a club fighter. Usyk is elite level.

Comment

Nice!!!! Usyk will pick Bellew to bits and pieces, UD easywork.

Comment

I'm not overrating Bellew at all never mind after the Haye wins. I've followed Bellew most of his career. Some of his performances over the years have been dreadfull but he finds a way to win. Look at Bellew's chicken legs in the Stevenson fight compared to his overall shape now, he's a different animal at the higher weights. People also seem to forget or ignore that until round 6 in the 1st Haye fight, Haye was throwing bombs at Bellew that would have got most Cruiserweights and Heavyweights out of there, Bellew soaked them up and kept up the pressure. I can't see Usyk having the power to stop Tony but i do see Tony being able to catch Usyk and hurt him or drop him. It's an intriguing fight that i'll look forward to if it gets made and Bellew is by no means a favourite, he's the underdog and rightly so but i just have a feeling the Fat Scouse Lad is gonna cement his legacy and end his career as undisputed champ
            Here is the thing though, Stevenson in 2013 was LEVELS above him period. They could have fought at CW and Stevenson was going to beat his a**. Bellew didn't just get beat up because he came down to LHW, he got beat up because he simply wasn't on that level. And then I referenced two fights at CW where he looked like the same damn fighter, which is below world level.

Fair play to Bellew if he wins. But he simplys hasn't at any point of his career shown he is at that level. Usyk is going to beat him fairly easy.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Here is the thing though, Stevenson in 2013 was LEVELS above him period. They could have fought at CW and Stevenson was going to beat his a**. Bellew didn't just get beat up because he came down to LHW, he got beat up because he simply wasn't on that level. And then I referenced two fights at CW where he looked like the same damn fighter, which is below world level.

Fair play to Bellew if he wins. But he simplys hasn't at any point of his career shown he is at that level. Usyk is going to beat him fairly easy.
              That's cool dude, it's all opinions aint it

Tell me though, if Bellew and Stevenson were to fight at Cruiserweight let's say middle of next month, what do you reckon the outcome would be?

Comment

That's cool dude, it's all opinions aint it

Tell me though, if Bellew and Stevenson were to fight at Cruiserweight let's say middle of next month, what do you reckon the outcome would be?
                Stevenson now after he is 40 years old and took a beating against Jack late in the fight? I don't know, but say a 35 year old Stevenson in 2013? Easily Stevenson, because he was just flat out better than Bellew. He "tanked" him out as Bellew would say. Only now has Bellew changed his tone. Look at his quotes over the years and how much he respected Stevenson. Deep in his heart he knows what kind of beast he was dealing with.

Tell me though, if Ward and Bellew were to fight at Cruiserweight let's say middle of next month, what do you reckon the outcome would be?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Stevenson now after he is 40 years old and took a beating against Jack late in the fight? I don't know, but say a 35 year old Stevenson in 2013? Easily Stevenson, because he was just flat out better than Bellew. He "tanked" him out as Bellew would say. Only now has Bellew changed his tone. Look at his quotes over the years and how much he respected Stevenson. Deep in his heart he knows what kind of beast he was dealing with.

Tell me though, if Ward and Bellew were to fight at Cruiserweight let's say middle of next month, what do you reckon the outcome would be?
                  Stevenson tanked out a shadow of the current Tony Bellew not a peak Tony Bellew. I'll say it again, Bellew had no business at 175 by that point. Ward would beat any active fighter from 175-200 pounds still IMO

Comment

The FIGHT IS NOT ON!

Usyk and Bellew will meet in Kyiv for the WBC event, there is no fight yet.

Comment

Stevenson tanked out a shadow of the current Tony Bellew not a peak Tony Bellew. I'll say it again, Bellew had no business at 175 by that point. Ward would beat any active fighter from 175-200 pounds still IMO
                      I would favor Usyk over Ward. Too much size, and Usyk is skillful as hell himself.

You keep saying shadow of peak Bellew, but what Bellew did we see against Cleverly at CW or Masternak at CW? Very solid win over Makabu, but like what else has he done? Beat a one legged fighter in Haye twice? BJ Flores? That's what I don't get when people keep saying he is so much better at CW. Lets see him go up against a Usyk or Breidis or Gassiev and see how much more improved he is at that weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X