Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG starting to sound like Kovalev after the first Ward fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Complaining about the scores from the first fight and the failed drug tests in every interview. Also complaining that Canelo isn't doing enough to promote the fight.

Meanwhile Canelo has put it past him and continues to work while GGG is holding media days.

Very reminiscent of the lead up to Kovalev vs Ward II
    Huge difference kid. GGG won, clearly. Kovalev, arguably won. CONelo was dirty. Ward wasnt.

As for promo, its going to sell regardless.

Comment

Complaining about the scores from the first fight and the failed drug tests in every interview. Also complaining that Canelo isn't doing enough to promote the fight.

Meanwhile Canelo has put it past him and continues to work while GGG is holding media days.

Very reminiscent of the lead up to Kovalev vs Ward II
      Yes, how dare he complain about the drug testing. He should just let canelo come in doped up.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        He did this prior to the May rematch too. It's a loser's mentality.
        Only a loser would not complain and call his opponent dirty after the testing.

Comment

Their situations aren't the same. I think Kovalev had a legit case for being robbed in their first fight, GGG doesn't.

All I'm saying is the whining and dwelling on the past is the same. Both showed mental weakness
          He is being asked questions.

You are reaching about Golovkin showing mental weakness.

I thought Kovalev won and he lost which is worse than I thought Golovkin won but got a draw. So I could see that argument.

I felt both were bad decisions, about the same. I think Canelo looked far worse than anyone in his fights for long stretches. Ward did more for me to be able to say yeah he was in it. Canelo was way too often unimpressive. Even the rounds he "won" they were hardly decisive. You had to give him just about every toss up round to get him to a draw.

Comment

Ok. You had a house full of GGG fans.

Da **** you talking about? GGG isn't Russian.

You watch other sports right? Teams get bad calls against them all the time and the first thing the coach tells them is to stop thinking about it & move on because you can't change it. They know if their players dwell on the past they'll use that as a crutch and affect their play.
            Too bad 3 of the people were rooting for Clenela. Even they said it was GGG 8-4 or 9-3. Sorry mang, it doesn’t add up

Comment

So GGG is supposed to say “I lost the fight and Canelo is clean it’s my fault he tested positive”? Bizarre stance to take when the vast majority know he won and know that canelo failed multiple tests.

Comment

When they ask coaches about controversial plays from the previous games they say we aren't focusing on that. We're getting ready for the next opponent
                Or perhaps he’s just doing his part in the promotion
                That’s just open to interpretation

If anything Canelo is the one who’s more bothered by it since he can’t even face the public and do his part

So who’s more bothered? The one who said he is?
                Or the one who doesn’t even want to be asked?

I don’t think that’d be a significant factor come fight night.
                The same as Kovalev’s comments were

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  Yes, how dare he complain about the drug testing. He should just let canelo come in doped up.
                  How long is he gonna keep whining about this? It happened 6 months ago & he's still talking about it even though he got a rematch and the fight is a little over a month away

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  So GGG is supposed to say “I lost the fight and Canelo is clean it’s my fault he tested positive”? Bizarre stance to take when the vast majority know he won and know that canelo failed multiple tests.
                  Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

If anything Canelo is the one who’s more bothered by it since he can’t even face the public and do his part

And he's not saying anything new from what he's been saying for 6 months. The constant whining won't change what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                    Huge difference kid. GGG won, clearly. Kovalev, arguably won. CONelo was dirty. Ward wasnt.

As for promo, its going to sell regardless.
                    Only a loser would not complain and call his opponent dirty after the testing.
                    Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post

You are reaching about Golovkin showing mental weakness.

I thought Kovalev won and he lost which is worse than I thought Golovkin won but got a draw. So I could see that argument.

I felt both were bad decisions, about the same. I think Canelo looked far worse than anyone in his fights for long stretches. Ward did more for me to be able to say yeah he was in it. Canelo was way too often unimpressive. Even the rounds he "won" they were hardly decisive. You had to give him just about every toss up round to get him to a draw.
                    Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

Check the threads when it happened. I was supportive of GGG. But damn it's been 6 months and he's still talking about it even though he got the rematch he wanted & he got more money He wanted. The constant whining is tiresome

Comment

Is he just randomly blurting out these things, or are these answers in interviews?

Comment

Working...
                      X