• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oluminati View Post
    Some would say the same about Joshua turning down $50 mil
    Everybody pretends this did not occur

Comment

The AJ nuthuggers will gloss over this post, or they'll just spew out the proof of funds garbage despite Eddie Hearn himself saying he's not asking for proof of funds:

Comment

Some would say the same about Joshua, but only those with half a brain who still believe in Santa. The Wilder offer was a bluff, anyone can see that, there was no contract or no discussions, just an offer of $50m sent via email, Eddie Hearn sent Wilder an actual legal contract signed already signed by AJ, Wilder never replied. After the Wilder publicity stunt, i sent him a message direct on twitter, and i offered Wilder $50m to dollars to fight me, Guess what...... He never replied..... Words dont pay contracts..... Money does...... The Wilder team dont have that money. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty2hotty84 View Post
          Some would say the same about Joshua, but only those with half a brain who still believe in Santa. The Wilder offer was a bluff, anyone can see that, there was no contract or no discussions, just an offer of $50m sent via email, Eddie Hearn sent Wilder an actual legal contract signed already signed by AJ, Wilder never replied. After the Wilder publicity stunt, i sent him a message direct on twitter, and i offered Wilder $50m to dollars to fight me, Guess what...... He never replied..... Words dont pay contracts..... Money does...... The Wilder team dont have that money. Simple.
          AJ saying give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow was a bluff. What Wilder did is call that bluff. If Johnson offer wasn't a bluff, they would have explored it a little more

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            AJ saying give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow was a bluff. What Wilder did is call that bluff. If Johnson offer wasn't a bluff, they would have explored it a little more
            It wasn't a bluff. It was a bonehead move by AJ. They were arguing how much the fight generates, and AJ gave an interview in which he said 'yeah if you think it's worth 100m give me 50m and i'll sign tomorrow'. Once that became reality, they quickly (and rightfully) realized that it's not worth giving up promotional rights and all the A-side advantages for the difference in earnings. Joshua made $20M vs. Wlad, which was 50/50. Against Wilder, they would be looking at a richer fight with a higher split for Joshua, ~70/30 likely. If you increase the fight worth slightly (40m->50m), and give Joshua 70%, he's looking at $35M.

Hope AJ learned his lesson to think before he talks, because this stuff will follow him for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              It wasn't a bluff. It was a bonehead move by AJ. They were arguing how much the fight generates, and AJ gave an interview in which he said 'yeah if you think it's worth 100m give me 50m and i'll sign tomorrow'. Once that became reality, they quickly (and rightfully) realized that it's not worth giving up promotional rights and all the A-side advantages for the difference in earnings. Joshua made $20M vs. Wlad, which was 50/50. Against Wilder, they would be looking at a richer fight with a higher split for Joshua, ~70/30 likely. If you increase the fight worth slightly (40m->50m), and give Joshua 70%, he's looking at $35M.

Hope AJ learned his lesson to think before he talks, because this stuff will follow him for awhile.
              clearly he hasn't learned anything since he went silent for 2 months and one of the first things he said after that was "If the fans want the fight so bad, they should train to fight Wilder"

Comment

Another idiot. AJ never signed the contract - Eddie did. At least get your facts right.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                  Wilders got to be the most stupid boxer there's ever been. Chisora, whyte and Joshua would make him millions and millions. Even If u don't rate the first two, they are nice paydays and could be routine wins, especially chisora. I've never known a fighter hate someone so much who can make them rich. He's offering wilder money on a plate. If he loses to fury then rejecting that trio of fights could be one of the most dumbest boxing decisions ever. He's literally lined up 3 paydays for him
                  He is going to make more money if he fights Fury than anything Hearn is offering to fight DelBoy or Whyte on DAZN.

The Wilder-Fury fight will have Vegas site fee money, Vegas gate money, and PPV from the US and UK, nevermind the odd amount of sponserships and foreign TV rights.

It has the potential to be the highest grossing fight of 2018, even counting Canelo's rematch with Golovkin.

But, the huge question coming out of these offers, the question every self-respecting boxing fan should be asking (instead of making threads begging Wilder to take a Matchroom offer) is this:

If Hearn all of a sudden has 8 million to offer Wilder to fight Whyte or Chisora, why didn't he just add some or all of it to the lowball offers he sent to Deontay for the Joshua fight?

I am certain Wilder would have agreed to no split if his flat fee was 20-23 million.

Comment

You are totally misinformed my man. Hearns himself stated that the wilder offer was legit. And the contract hearns sent was not signed by aj or anyone else. All this information is available on Boxingscene.com. Take a quick second of your time to catch yourself up on the latest.

Comment

Last 3 fight comparisons:
                      Joshua's earnings [estimates]
                      $24 million against Parker
                      $13 million against Carlos Takam
                      $20 million against Klitschko

Wilder's earnings
                      Career high $2.1 million against Luis Ortiz
                      $1.4 million against Stiverne (rematch)
                      $900k against Gerald Washington

So Joshua is an idiot, but Wilder who turned down $5-7 million against Whyte isn't?

As far as I am concerned here, Wilder is being promoted and advised by morons who don't see the reason why he SHOULD have fought someone like Whyte. It would have built up his leverage against Joshua and increased fight hype with a win over Whyte in the UK. Whyte is a somewhat knowable name in the UK, what happens when an American fighter like Wilder knocks him out? There will be more excitement for a fight against Anthony Joshua, and then more UK fans will know who Wilder is. If you really think every fan that tunes in to an AJ fight knows his opponents or who Wilder is, you're quite mistaken.

So there was 2 big bonuses to fighting someone like Whyte before AJ:
                      -Career high payday
                      -More UK exposure and hype

Let's just face it. Team Wilder are dumb****s while Team AJ know how to make money and ensure their fighter makes the right choices.

On the bright side, he might be fighting Fury next (or not), so let's see where that goes.

Comment

Working...
                      X