No announcement yet.

Whyte vs Parker PPV numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
    Well, you seems to be the lone voice on this matter with other Americans on this forum.
    Let's allow the sleeping dog to lie for there to be peace amongst the fans.
    Hope you've got a great week.
    The EPL kicks off today, another roll of exciting weeks ahead.
    A lot of people share my sentiments, I’ve had quite a bit of green K on this thread. Anyway we’ll let it lie...

Looking forward to the season starting myself, not looking forward to having to drive down to Wolverhampton tomorrow though😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      Well, it shouldnt be very difficult for you to find that interview and post it then.

I am not disputing that one subsidiary of Sky may act as the creator of content like a television channel while another subsidiary may act as the utility that supplies the satellite dishes and descrambler boxes.

What I am saying is there is absolutely no reason to believe that means those subsidiaries do not incur the same costs as the other non-affiliated companies that provide those services. And that means there is also no reason to believe they would want a profit margin that is a full 25% less than that which would be earned if the subsidiaries were separate companies. It is a business after all, not a charity.
      I'll give you instructions. Type in Eddie Hearn December 2015 IFL on Youtube. Let's see if you can stomach a hour of Hearn.

Sky have their own Broadband Infastructure, they are not like Showtime or HBO. Why do you think Comcast are bidding heavy for them ? They are the cable and tv network in this scenario.

Comment

• Why do you care? Just enjoy the fights

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Why can they not be compared? What’s so different? It seems people in the US get much better value boxing on subscription TV compared to the UK. And when there are PPV’s in the US they involve quality fighters in relevant fights, whilst in the UK we get Haye-Bellew and Whyte-Parker����

These ain’t the good times either bro, we used to get better quality fights on free television than we get now on PPV. I remember when fights like Calzaghe-Lacy were on ITV. Half of this AJ dross ain’t even PPV worthy and the stadiums are just filled with idiots who DKSAB. I go to boxing shows all over the world but I point blank refuse to go to matchroom shows cause they are filled with those idiots. Hearn has been very clever in exploiting the casual market and deluding them into believing this some golden era of British boxing its complete and utter BS!
          Mayweather-Mcgregor was $99.95 in the US, it was £19.95 in the UK. Different markets and prices.
          Showtime and HBO who are the main Boxing networks in the US, both SHO and HBO are like $10-15 a month, very different to how much Sky costs a month.

Sky has many Sports, like the Preimer League , which is the main reason why people subscribe. Boxing is a filler sport bar Joshua PPV's. Showtime and HBO have only two or three sports as they are not predominant sports broadcaster, they focus on Original Programming. Having only a couple of sports mean they have more money available for Saturday Fight Nights (Licence Fees)

Sky spend most of their money on Preimer League Games, Hearn has little money for Saturday Night Cards, less than 500K Probably. Showtime for example have had 3M for every saturday night card.

You see the difference, that's why Hearn has to put it on PPV for it to make sense economically, given the PPV's is also £19.95 he can persuade people easily.

And that's why you see American Saturday Night Cards with only World Title Fights, as to Showtime, Boxing is like the Preimer League is to Sky. Americans won't settle for crap, it's a different culture, most of the Brits here, are drunk, football fans. Boxing is a 3rd rate sport in America, their is so much competition in Sports in America, which means Showtime/HBO have to put on competitive/big fights together, because Americans have so much choice in sports.

We don't, after the Preimer League Games are finished, what else ?

ITV can't compete with Sky PPV Money in the UK. That's why they gave up on Boxing same with other Free to air channels, Boxing can be deemed too "violent and isn't very PC"

On your Hearn stuff. I don't even watch him, cos that's his job, he's selling you a product. He's a salesman. You choose what you want to pay for. It's not hard, i have only bought one PPV this year, Joshua-Parker. Just don't buy it and stream it if you think it isn't PPV, nothing we can do about it.
          Last edited by Manlikefemi; 08-10-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
            I'll give you instructions. Type in Eddie Hearn December 2015 IFL on Youtube. Let's see if you can stomach a hour of Hearn.

Sky have their own Broadband Infastructure, they are not like Showtime or HBO. Why do you think Comcast are bidding heavy for them ? They are the cable and tv network in this scenario.
            You clearly did not read what I wrote.

So much for instruction.

I'll pass.

Bottom line is that Parker and Whyte were guaranteed a little over 1M pounds each and there is very little to indicate they made a staggering sum more than that. There is nothing to indicate either were guaranteed part of the gate and there were other fighters to pay on the card.

Hell, I doubt there was much upside on the PPV buys either.

Comment

You clearly did not read what I wrote.

So much for instruction.

I'll pass.

Bottom line is that Parker and Whyte were guaranteed a little over 1M pounds each and there is very little to indicate they made a staggering sum more than that. There is nothing to indicate either were guaranteed part of the gate and there were other fighters to pay on the card.

Hell, I doubt there was much upside on the PPV buys either.
              They did make 1M, they still wouldn't have been able to do that without PPV. Hearn really isn't as bad as what people make out. Imagine your a boxer that's limited, not much star appeal and always behind the Alpha Male. As is Dillian Whyte compared to Anthony Joshua and Hearn still gave Whyte a PPV Shot and a chance to make 7 figures.

Despite all the limitations, i'm sure their was a minimum purse which was 1M. Who cares move on, it's done, Joshua-Povetkin next at least that's a legit PPV Fight

Comment

It is pretty much standard all over that cable companies get 55%. The DAZN money is money Eddie already has (@125M for the yearly budget of 32 fights or whatever he negotiated prior to the deal) and no more was coming for THIS fight. I would expect Australian PPV numbers to be even worse than New Zealand's so another couple of hundred thousand net at best. Lastly, I saw nothing about Parker or Whyte getting ANY of the gate, just a guarantee of @ 1 million pounds each and a cut of the PPV net.

So no, 6M is probably closer to the truth.

That's 6M for EVERYONE, not just Whyte and Parker...
                I am talking about the profit from the whole show, most of which is distributed among the fighters.

Hearn is getting 50% of the UK PPV, and that's without Matchroom's commission. So just the UK PPV cut is over $6M.

The fight was streamed on DAZN Europe and Canada and that doesn't come for free. At least half a million there, considering the budget they have per event.

And when you add in the gate and the New Zealand & Australian PPV it's easily over $8M or over $7.5M after Matchroom's cut (from the gate & non UK PPV money). I don't know how much the fighters actually got but my guess is 5M was shared between Whyte & Parker, 1M between Chisora & Takam and what's left between the rest of the undercards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
                  They did make 1M, they still wouldn't have been able to do that without PPV. Hearn really isn't as bad as what people make out. Imagine your a boxer that's limited, not much star appeal and always behind the Alpha Male. As is Dillian Whyte compared to Anthony Joshua and Hearn still gave Whyte a PPV Shot and a chance to make 7 figures.

Despite all the limitations, i'm sure their was a minimum purse which was 1M. Who cares move on, it's done, Joshua-Povetkin next at least that's a legit PPV Fight
                  Are you actually reading the things I am saying?

I said they did make the 1M plus a bit more.

Just not a whole lot more given what is reported about their deals.

If they made more, great.

Comment

• Originally posted by nixxter View Post
                    I am talking about the profit from the whole show, most of which is distributed among the fighters.

Hearn is getting 50% of the UK PPV, and that's without Matchroom's commission. So just the UK PPV cut is over $6M.

The fight was streamed on DAZN Europe and Canada and that doesn't come for free. At least half a million there, considering the budget they have per event.

And when you add in the gate and the New Zealand & Australian PPV it's easily over $8M or over $7.5M after Matchroom's cut (from the gate & non UK PPV money). I don't know how much the fighters actually got but my guess is 5M was shared between Whyte & Parker, 1M between Chisora & Takam and what's left between the rest of the undercards.
                    Show me a link that says Hearn is getting 50%.

He isn't, so good luck finding one.

DAZN is a subscription service. ZERO money is generated fightnight from DAZN. NO MONEY will ever be generated by DAZN FOR ANY FIGHT.

DAZN gives Hearn a budget, and Hearn spends that budget on cards and purses.

The DAZN deal is supposed to be 8 years at $125M per year for 16 US cards and 16 UK cards. Somehow, folks are reporting that as Hearn having 8M per US card as if he will be able to put on the 16 UK cards for free.

I broke this down in post #38 of this thread.
                    They netted about 6M total, more or less.

I didn't include the Australian PPV but it would have been less
                    than the half a million netted in New Zealand since their money is also worth less than US dollars AND the fight was $10 less there.

You do realize that the Parker vs Whyte fight aired in the morning in both Australia and New Zealand, right? About 8am and 10am if my math is right. Not enough star power to do that well, imo.

Again, the money made was good, not some bonanza.

Comment

• man.. the butthurt from some of these americans is strong.
                      some talking about people "pocket watching" yet they'll be arguing that hearn is enslaving AJ. then they argue that wilder should never sign the contract that's in front of him because of money.

it's ok to appreciate good boxing when you see it. really. you aren't any less of an american, and wilder doesn't suddenly become a trash boxer because other boxing events were good.

Comment

Working...
                      X