Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley - If There's A Muhammad Ali Of This Era, It's Anthony Joshua! [Video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think for one minute he was comparing Joshua to Ali on ability or personality. But when you are selling out the biggest stadiums in the UK and are getting a global audience from 140 countries and are on HBO and Showtime at the same time, then you see that the potential reach he has.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      What does a totally shot, miles past prime Ali losing to Holmes have to do with anything? That Holmes would probably outbox today's AJ.
      I used that example to demonstrate AJ being a p*ssy. Past prime Ali fought Holmes for 8 million. Prime Joshua won't fight Wilder for 50.

Comment

The Nigerian robot should never be mentioned in the same sentance a Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Lol. Truth.
          HBO guys are such shameless shills. People rage about their commentary but I don't. My attitude is, if you want the news, you don't watch an infomercial.
          joshua is still much better than donkey wilder.
          It must burn you to hewr that from an american commentator fox lol.
          The fight with wilder will happen and when it does you want to back up your talk with green backs ?
          Joshua will knock wilder spark out and im willing to lay heavy cash with you son.
          Lets put it on the line fox lol

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
            So you think Lampley is being biased because Wilder is a Showtime fighter?

AJ has been televised on Showtime for how many fights now...?
            No, I'm just commenting on HBO commentators tendency to make outlandishly favorable claims for their own fighter. In this case, neither is their fighter, he's probably being honest, but if Wilder were and AJ weren't Lampley would not be calling AJ the Ali of this era, he would be saying Wilder is #1 in the division, most ducked, most feared, a living legend.

Comment

Originally posted by CinderelliMan View Post
              Fury reminds me most of Ali when thinking of today's heavyweights
              Agreed. These comparisons are dumb and unfair to the fighter being compared but if it's anyone it would have to be Fury.

Loudmouth confident ****-talker who can back it up in the ring with an unpredictable style, more of a boxer than a power puncher, won the title(s) then lost 3 years of prime fighting years... Mounting a comeback, we'll see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
                Worthless old hack on a dying network. Some old dogs need to be put down.
                Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lmao. Ayoooooooooooo!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Prime Ali would toy with AJ .
                  I can't be bothered going through this entire thread to pick up everyone who'll negatively compare AJ's skillset to Ali's. It's not the point.

I'm PRETTY SURE that the point Jim was making was in terms of crossover, mainstream appeal. As in, whether AJ's a good boxer or not, my Facebook feed is full of women with wet knickers after he's fought.

Comment

Originally posted by fistic flow View Post
                    I don't think for one minute he was comparing Joshua to Ali on ability or personality. But when you are selling out the biggest stadiums in the UK and are getting a global audience from 140 countries and are on HBO and Showtime at the same time, then you see that the potential reach he has.
                    This.

Weird to see a poster with half a brain in NSB.

Comment

Uh oh Lampley has spoken, lmao. Fury says Wilder is the better fighter than Joshua and he’s a dope sniffing PED abuser lmao. We know how this works lol...

Comment

Working...
                      X