No announcement yet.

Who is the lineal HW champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Don't factor into it at all. Lineal is supposed to remove all of the politics. Either you beat the man who beat the man or you didn't.

If he failed a test against Klitschko and the result was changed to a DQ or a no decision, then of course he wouldn't be lineal champion because he'd no longer be the man who beat the man.

But a failure from a different fight is irrelevant.

exactly

lineage is not debatable

this thread essentially cannot justify its own existence lol

Comment

• regarding the WBC.....

I think kafkod was right earlier

one issue is, the brothers would not fight.... but the FACT is, they are not the same person.....

tied up in that issue is the WBC reluctance to recognize Wlad, in any form..... which is likely why he did not hold the WBC belt after Vit retired..... they totally refused to rank - therefore mandate - him

the other issue, mentioned by WBC WBA IBF..... is that lineage is not debatable..... and the FACT is, that Wlad was THE MAN at heavyweight, no question.,.... there was a level between him and Povetkin, and there was a level between Povetkin and everyone else

I agree that it is not straight-forward, but my bottom-line remains.....

FACT: Fury IS the-man-who-beat-the-man..... no question
      FACT: who cares, lineage is highly over-rated..... and triangle-theories do not work in boxing..... good luck beating Wilder and then Joshua

Comment

• ooops, nearly forgot.....

Long Live King Fury !!

the most handsome boxer, and best heavyweight ever

Comment

• I don't consider Fury the lineal champion because his absence/breakdown could have been due to or influenced by ducking of Joshua and/or Wilder, but I think he deserves a mention for being the returning, last lineal champion of late 2015 who then never defended that crown. Wow that was a mouthful!

Comment

Working...
          X