No announcement yet.

What if I told 3 years ago that.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if I told 3 years ago that.....

......Linares would have been more competitive against Loma than Rigo?

Man, boxing is unpredictable.

Rigo moving up 2 weight classes was always a gamble. Coming in further away from his prime while Lomachenko was closer to his prime should and did not have a happy ending.

Comment

Well it isn't that surprising. One is a lightweight and the other is a Super Bantamweight.

Comment

maybe not 3 years ago but a couple years ago i was on here telling people that rigo hasnt proven an awful lot to be rated where he is, and people were spouting the same **** they do now about other fighters who look good but have a weak cv 'he passes the eye test, hes the most talented in the sport'. then with the first sign of adversity in a fight he throws in the towel and quits. this is why the 'eye test' means **** all. when someone who hasnt proven an awful lot gets whooped when they step up its not a massive shock for me

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
          Rigo moving up 2 weight classes was always a gamble. Coming in further away from his prime while Lomachenko was closer to his prime should and did not have a happy ending.
          Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          Well it isn't that surprising. One is a lightweight and the other is a Super Bantamweight.
          Yeah but the way people were acting as if Rigo was untouchable because of his skills was laughable. Rigo wasn't even competitive at all. That wasn't the notion 3 years ago. It's easy to say all of this when the fights are over and done with. This wasn't the perception before these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
            Yeah but the way people were acting as if Rigo was untouchable because of his skills was laughable. Rigo wasn't even competitive at all. That wasn't the notion 3 years ago. It's easy to say all of this when the fights are over and done with. This wasn't the perception before these fights.
            Yeah I remember Linares was considerably more of a betting underdog than Rigondeaux was.

Comment

Linares was as much underrated as Rigo was overrated

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                Throw in Rigo's age and relative inactivity, and it really isn't surprising at all.

Comment

Rigo is smaller.

Comment

Go back to the threads before the fights a lot of folks picked Rigo heavily. Some have left, some took down Rigo pics from their sigs and some just pretend they weren't wrong.

I thought Rigo would be the easiest fight of Loma's career and that Rigo would quit. I got ridiculed for suggesting he may quit. I thought Linares would do well and win rounds in a 8-4 type fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X