Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley: In Their Prime, De La Hoya Better Than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think a prime Oscar couldve beat an older Floyd when his legs were gone but no way am I picking him over Floyd when he was bouncing around all over the place.

Comment

• I always cringe when Shane or Oscar speak on fighting Floyd because of the fact that Floyd had been calling them both out well before he turned age 30 and neither 1 of them wanted to fight Floyd until he was 30+ himself..

and Oscar at the end of the day had just turned 34 years old and Floyd was 30 IMO Oscar would have gotten tired down the stretch whether he was 34 or 27..Oscar was never known for having great condition

Comment

• GTFOH!!! DELA HATER loss damn near all of his major fights! MOSELY,FLOYD,B HOP,TRINIDAD,PAC etc etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Dude I swear, like you can't say anything at all unless it's absolute praise. like it's unimaginable to think a prime Oscar does better than a past it Oscar had done. God forbid!
          yeah it's really pathetic. I'm not even saying that I think Oscar would win, but he does have a chance Floyd fanboys act like Oscar wasn't a greater fighter when he was in his prime or something.

Totally weird

Comment

• FLOYD beat 22 champs, Necer loss and never even knocked down. GTFOH with this bs!!

Comment

• Never loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                I always cringe when Shane or Oscar speak on fighting Floyd because of the fact that Floyd had been calling them both out well before he turned age 30 and neither 1 of them wanted to fight Floyd until he was 30+ himself..

and Oscar at the end of the day had just turned 34 years old and Floyd was 30 IMO Oscar would have gotten tired down the stretch whether he was 34 or 27..Oscar was never known for having great condition
                Yeah and oscar had literally fought everyone who was someone in his day while floyd was retiring for 2 years basically. Age don't mean **** in boxing. Fernando Vargas was a good fighter and he was shot by like 26 because he fought the best guys and got beat up doing it. Today he would be Errol Spence with almost 30 fights and one good top level opponent on his resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Shyt View Post
                  I think a prime Oscar couldve beat an older Floyd when his legs were gone but no way am I picking him over Floyd when he was bouncing around all over the place.
                  TBH Floyd been stop fighting like that bouncing around all over the place when he was about 26 - 27

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Who tried to discredit him? Can you read? I literally said in my original post that a prime Oscar would have a better chance. If a past it Oscar did as well as he did (even winning on one card) then it's not out of the realm of possiblity that a prime version does better. It's just common sense bro, if you can't see that then you've crossed over into "fanboy" mode and there might not be any help for you
                    I think crossover is too light, it's more like jump in head first with full speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Yeah and oscar had literally fought everyone who was someone in his day while floyd was retiring for 2 years basically. Age don't mean **** in boxing. Fernando Vargas was a good fighter and he was shot by like 26 because he fought the best guys and got beat up doing it. Today he would be Errol Spence with almost 30 fights and one good top level opponent on his resume.
                      Floyd retirement came at age 31. After he beat Oscar.

Oscar also lost to a past prime Pernell Whitaker when he was in his prime and was gifted the decision..
                      Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 08-06-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X