Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Kovalev need a new trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's too late for all that, especially after that sort of stoppage. It's all downhill.

Comment

He blamed his last trainer for his last 2 losses, so now he gets the trainer excuse again??? Maybe just Maybe Kovalev himself is the problem

Comment

a - multiple trainers have stated that Kov is difficult to work with.
        b - you can't teach old dog new tricks, especially if he doesn't to learn.
        c - this is more about Alvarez' win rather than Kov. Alvarez has some solid scalps on his resume and was ducked by Stevenson for a reason.
        d - Kovalev was always severely overrated. Been saying it wayy before Ward fight. Kovalev's best win is Hopkins, who was 48. I don't care how damn amazing BHop is (he is), but the dude was 48.

Comment

Didn’t he get back with his old coach
          He was the Russian Olympic team coach

Comment

apologize to JDJ.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Didnt he just do that??
              man I had to check the dates for these posts. Sounds like stuff I already heard about Kovalev.

Comment

I think his bad habits are too set in place, and there's no real recovery from his physical decline because of them. He's still dangerous, but no new trainer will bring him back where he was.

Comment

i remember some trainer of his saying he did too much running in the run up to some fight, he was jogging for hours and hours, sounded like BS to me and it was, didnt see this fight yet but sounds like he does not have the gas for the job anymore

Comment

NO TRAINER can fix his mental fragility

Comment

He's 35, not 25. At his age it's about conditioning.

Comment

Working...
                      X