Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the ugliest style in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon alexander, erislandy lara. Jab, jab, left hand...CLINCH, rinse and repeat.

Comment

To me it's Sam Soliman by a mile. I don't think you could call what he does in the ring boxing or even fighting. It's sort of a game of wrestling and very light punching tag. It's UGLY with a capitol U. There is almost never a time he is not hugging his opponent and rarely a time when he throws a real punch or combination. I absolutely hated watching him but held out hope that someone would knock him out. It's hard to knock a guy out when he clings to you like an octopus and won't give you 6 inches of space.

Comment

Yall forgot about Mauricio Herrera

Comment

I don't mind Porter. I don't think he is a deliberate rule breaker or head butter. He just rushes his opponent straight ahead with both fists blazing not stop. That is not against the rules. Most opponents hate fighting him because they can't handle the non stop pressure and punches he puts on them. He doesn't give them time to rest, think or breath. Porter doesn't hold. He just rushes in constantly with a two handed attack. His opponents grab him to make him stop and then he wrestles them to get his hands free to punch. He doesn't start the wrestling. His opponents do. That is the way I see it anyway. Ward is, in my opinion a deliberately dirty fighter who grabs, wrestles, mauls, head butts and holds with one hand while pounding away with the other hand. That is legal in MMA but not boxing. Horn is even dirtier and uglier without Ward's skills.

Comment

John Molina by far dude fights like it’s 1885

Comment

Andre Ward.

Comment

John Ruiz had a pretty dreadful style. And as someone else already mentioned, Sam Soliman. I don't know what the hell you call what he was doing.

Comment

Don't mind the style as long as there's a fight going on. I can appreciate Porter's style because the aggression is enjoyable to watch. John Ruiz probably had the least entertaining style of all time.

Comment

ALL FIGHTERS From Mayweather Gym besides Andrew Tabiti and Badou Jack

The way J'Leon Love fought yesterday was disgraceful! SOFT Passive Aggressive Boxing slap and run Literally. Ladarius Miller was the same BS on Bounce TV on Friday. Skilled Boxing is one thing but these guys are trained "Not To Get Hit" but more so to flat out fight like they're "AFRAID TO GET HIT"

Andre Berto and Devon Alexander was no better just bunch of Punch Hug Combos. Stop giving these fighters TV Time! Would much rather see Joey Spencer come out and destroy his opponent rather than watch underachievers get Air Time to stink up the place and make people turn away.

More reason why UFC has surpassed boxing in the US with the young Demo because they're Event was actually Entertaining Last Night while most of the boxing matches yesterday was AWFUL besides Kovalev vs Alvarez

Comment

Another vote for Ward. He just spent his life training to get away with fouls. Most if not all of his biggest moments came via fouling at strategic moments and his boxing itself was totally unremarkable, never enough on its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X