Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev - Biggest hypejob of all times?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could never tell by watching him box what made him so great, so I never thought he was. I had Kovalev winning if not a draw in first Ward fight though. Maybe Alvarez is the goods.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
      OP just starting watching boxing in 2016..gtfoh.
      Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
        I BEEN saying this. Kovaquit is trash. Ward whipped his ass. I don't get these people that think Kovaquit won the first fight, I actually do get them.

This is what it is, when you dominate opponents on an exponential level and you have a close fight, you automatically lose. The same thing happend to RJJ against Tarver the first fight. Dominated that dude and cats said he lost, fùck off already.
        I scored the first Kov vs Ward fight 6 rounds apiece with Kov eeking out the win due to the kd. Also, I had Roy Jones beating Tarver in their first fight but he definitely did not dominate him. He was clearly having issues due to the weight cut and was letting Tarver tee off on him in the corner with his hands up. I have always felt that Roy should have made Tarver come up to heavyweight because then you would have seen a typical Roy Jones domination. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
          Every fighter is a hype job once beaten.

Comment

That would probably be Rigo.

Comment

Kovalev accepted any challenge, went out to seek the best. Win or lose, he went against anyone, kept on getting up and kept on fighting after being knocked down until he could get up no more. Negotiated quickly, never acted like a Diva with any special demands or conditions. Took risks against avoided opponents. He ever had a boring fight. He never used any dirty tactics.

Yeah, Kovalev is a total hype job.

Comment

Made it through "schooled after round 5" laughed, then knew you were just a casual troll who don't know his azz from his elbow when it comes to boxing..

Watch Usyk vs Gassiev if you wanna see what a schooling looks like..

A schooling is not a back and forth fight with close rounds that could go either way.

Comment

BYE, Bye Kovalev

Kovalev should retire. It was apparent in the second Ward fight that all his money and fame has changed him. He appeared to me to quit against Ward and I am convinced he hasn't changed, Sure , he'd keep fighting for the millions they offer him but put him in a real fight like Saturday night and he will fold like a cheap suit. He had a great run now he should take his millions and enjoy his family because he no longer appears to have the hunger and drive that got him to the top. Don't feel sorry for Kovalev, He's young, got a nice family and millions in the bank. Not a bad way to end a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Had Ward not gone up, Kovalev would still be top dog, IMO. That whole thing fuked his head up and when you have that aggressive/bully mindset, doubt can really fuk you up. Ruined his relationship with his coach, ruined his confidence, the way he trains, etc.
                    I have a problem with this argument. Kovalev did very well in the first fight. He boxed better than I expected. A lot of people thought he won. He felt robbed. He should have felt very angry after the first fight. He should have channeled that anger and fought better the 2nd time around. There were so many adjustments he could have made, and he made none. On top of that, he came in out of shape, while Ward showed up in the best shape of his life.

There were also stories about Kovalev not training well even before the Ward fights. I forget who, but someone talked about Kovalev drinking a lot for years and training poorly. I don't think this was anything new. To me, this loss against Alvarez has more to do with Alvarez than Kovalev being faded or anything like that. Alvarez is really, really good.

As for this thread, it's absolutely idiotic. Kovalev is not a hypejob. He's still an excellent fighter. Having said that, his resume has always been extremely overrated. I've had this argument with people 2 years ago when everyone put Kov in top2 P4P always talking about his resume. His resume is still mediocre.

Comment

Had some very solid wins on his record. Arguably beat Ward in the first fight.

Not a hype job at all. He was a top notch fighter for a while and now he's not. It happens to the best of them.

Shall we call Pacquiao a hype job because he isn't the fighter he used to be too?

Ridiculous theory.

Comment

Working...
                      X