Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
    It's funny that people think Kov was always better than GGG. Prior to him fighting Ward, I remember reading quite the opposite. Kov was good but Gennady was always levels above him.
    Golovkin is a better P4P fighter than K IMO.

I think K is an excellent fighter but one step from that uber elite. I think by the end of the Ward series showed that, even though IMO he won the first. Tonight he got beat and yes I think Alvarez is the better fighter and would have been before K faced Ward the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Was he really crying?
      It looked like there were some tears coming down.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        Is what your saying a fact
        Or you just throwing this out there
        It is a fact. Google or Bing Kov VADA. Both fights against Ward and tonight are the only times Kov has had VADA testing. They are also the only three times Kov has lost.

If he was an American he would be charged with manslaughter, at the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
          Golovkin is a better P4P fighter than K IMO.

I think K is an excellent fighter but one step from that uber elite. I think by the end of the Ward series showed that, even though IMO he won the first. Tonight he got beat and yes I think Alvarez is the better fighter and would have been before K faced Ward the first time.
          I agree Alvarez was clearly the overall better fighter.

Comment

• Who is more broken up about Kovalev's loss, the Ward fanboys or the Kovalev fanboys?

I mean it is really starting to feel like the Ward fanboys by far.

I like K, I wasn't rooting for him tonight, but he brings an exciting style. He is an excellent fighter and you don't beat him without being good yourself. I just find it funny that the Ward fangirls are now in the Ward broke him cheerleading chant regarding K.

I'm sure that explains Alvarez's wicked jab that had K's neck snapping back like never before. I'm sure that explains why Alvarez took K's best and said bring it. It was all because of Ward. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
              wARD TOOK His Aura and confidence in the 2nd bout...,

but give Alverez credit. He went to school on Wards' victories...

Alverez was patient and takes a good Wack...Good Whiskers...

Stevenson was smart to avoid him...Colombiano the Real Deal...
              Kov is 0-3 with VADA testing. He is 32-0-1 without VADA testing.

It's true. He has never won a single fight with real ped testing. But he did literally kill a guy in the ring with no ped testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                It is a fact. Google or Bing Kov VADA. Both fights against Ward and tonight are the only times Kov has had VADA testing. They are also the only three times Kov has lost.

If he was an American he would be charged with manslaughter, at the least.
                Cool
                I was being sincere
                And also wow
                I know the man’s a dirtbag of a person but didn’t think he was on juice or whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                  Who is more broken up about Kovalev's loss, the Ward fanboys or the Kovalev fanboys?

I mean it is really starting to feel like the Ward fanboys by far.

I like K, I wasn't rooting for him tonight, but he brings an exciting style. He is an excellent fighter and you don't beat him without being good yourself. I just find it funny that the Ward fangirls are now in the Ward broke him cheerleading chant regarding K.

I'm sure that explains Alvarez's wicked jab that had K's neck snapping back like never before. I'm sure that explains why Alvarez took K's best and said bring it. It was all because of Ward. LOL!
                  You don't beat Kov with no ped testing. He has had three fights with VADA testing. He has lost all three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
                    Honestly I think Kov was trolling everyone, knowing that anything he said like that would get publicity, and all fighters need publicity. Just having a laugh
                    Or maybe he had just gotten his ass kicked by a better fighter and was searching for answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      I’ve pretty much ignored the idiotic bullshi.t you’ve littered this thread with. No one hates Kovalev. Ward exposed him as a mental midget. And it’s pretty clear to everyone that doesn’t hate Ward and/or have a love affair with Kovalev. Kovalev is an extremely talented guy. IMO most people don’t appreciate how good he is. He was always compared to GGG. IMO Kovalev is a more talented fighter than GGG. And if he had GGG’s heart, will, and chin, he’d be damn near unbeatable. But people like you are pathetic. Still crying about the Ward fights. Let it go. Kovalev lost a questionable decision in he first fight. And came back and got his ass handed to him in the rematch. You’re not gonna change history. No matter how much you try.

BTW, the “black privilege” remark makes you sound just like these ignorant fux down here where I’m from yelling Make America Great Again from the porches of their trailer homes.
                      BTW again, it's nothing racial with pointing out why Ward was hyped up. Let me try to break it down in detail.

90-95% of money in fight sports is spent by white/hispanics. Most of that percentage is spent by whites.

Most people spend money to root for fighters they can identify with. Race is a big identifier for people. They will also spend money to root against fighters who they can't identify with (often of another race).

Point being that for a black fighter to succeed he has to follow the Floyd model. Be talented, but also stay undefeated and be flashy enough to have white people want to see you lose. The more you win, the more your profile rises. It's like a snowball, and Floyd executed that strategy wonderfully.

Broner was all set to be the next Floyd, but he wasn't good enough. Ward was too, but he wasn't interesting enough outside of the ring.

Let's say hypothetically there was a super talented black boxer who can't speak English from the Ivory Coast. Do you really think he would get the same publicity and favorable treatment as a black American boxer? The only way a guy like that could succeed is if he played the villain. And if he can't speak English, then he has no chance of getting any hype.

The money is in hyping up US fighters, and there are a lot of really good US black fighters anyway, so it all works out.

But Ward's skills never matched his backstory - Gold medal Olympics, half white, half black. That all sounds great.

But if he was from Ghana no one would even know who he was. He would have a few legit losses, a few DQs, and would never be able to fight the way he did (would have had a lot of points taken off for dirty fighting).

Comment

Working...
                      X