Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    Kovalev went from beating Ward in the first fight (so most people thought) to getting knocked out twice in 4 fights. What a fall from grace. The guy is so good from rounds 1-6, but his stamina is subpar. I wonder if the power he generates from his punches just drains his energy.
    Yeah Kovalev fizzles out middle of the fight usually. Not a 12 round fighter as we've seen recently.

Comment

• Current pic of Andre Ward

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
        Lol dude the point was that you were mocking Kov for getting KO'd by not so big punchers...he pointed out guys who were considered bigger bullies than Kov, who had worse KO losses...come on man stay on point haha
        which his point is void because 2 of the guys he mentioed (liston and foreman) losses were to a prime ali and a mid ali......u are a moron. If u can't see that a ko loss to one of if not the greatest heavy of all time is quite different then kovalov doing the in my feelings challenge to freaking alverez. I already explained that......his point is amateurish and silly haaahahahaha!!!

Comment

• Kov is now 0-3 in fights with VADA testing. It is true. He's never lost with no VADA testing and he's never won with VADA testing. If he was an American he would be convicted of murder. No real ped testing and he kills a guy, with ped testing he can not win.

Still, if Kov has no ped testing he is a challenge to anyone. It is only when there is testing that he fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Ward sent Kovalev to a monastery in the mountains in search of himself.
            LOL! That explains why he got his head snapped back by wicked jabs, like he never had before, and why he couldn't put down Alvarez or even faze him like he did Ward. Also he got knocked to the ground and was hurt like he never was before. But he was mentally broke, expect the guy got up two times when he clearly was damaged. But he quit doe against Ward.

You clowns trying to chalk this up to Ward and not Alvarez are funny. As I stated insecure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              Yeah, his losses to Ward do affect his ego and he doesn’t like the subject brought up, but it’s also his lack of being fluent in english that leads to some responses losing their exact meaning, because he says something word for word in english as he would in russian, but when spoken in english it loses its intended meaning.
              But I do know he talks a lot of chit once the camera is gone
              And trust me he gets his fughin point across in English
              He’s a douche

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
                Lol my friend - anyone who says Ward deserved to get a win in that first fight...I mean that's the problem. No one should be defending that BS.

Chilemba is a better boxer than Ward. So is Alvarez. It isn't a race thing for me or a lot of other people who objectively analyze fights. A lot of my favorite fighters were black Americans even - Hearns, Leonard etc. And I'm American (and half Irish like Ward) so if anything I would love to hype him up as a great boxer.

But Ward point blank was hyped up to be the next Mayweather. I mean you know how much money Floyd made for people in boxing? US UK Mexico is where all the money is in boxing, so in general fighters from these countries/backgrounds get more hype relative to their level.

If Lara Alvarez and Chilemba were from the US they would all be undefeated and superstars.
                WTF are you talking about? Ward wasn’t hyped to be the next Floyd. He won the Olympic gold in 04. Floyd wasn’t even Floyd yet, at least in terms of marketability. Floyd didn’t become the “Money May” cashcow he would ultimately become until after the DLH fight.

And even from a boxing standpoint. Early in his career, most in the boxing community were extremely frustrated with how slowly Ward was being moved. That, combined with being dropped by Darnell Boone in one of his first couple fights had people thinking he was being protected and there were huge question marks about how legit he was. And when he entered the Super Six, a lot of people thought Mikkel Kessler, who was arguably the best super middle in the world,was too big a jump in competition for Ward. Not to mention, his personality and lifestyle were far too dry for anyone ever to believe that he would ever be the draw Floyd was.

Feel free to get on here and spew nonsense to support your agenda. But believe it or not, a couple of us have been following boxing for a very long time. And can easily call bullshi.t on the vast majority of the garbage you’re spewing.

Comment

• Great night if fights Alvarez is a helluva fighter he’s gonna be tough to beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                    Kov is now 0-3 in fights with VADA testing. It is true. He's never lost with no VADA testing and he's never won with VADA testing. If he was an American he would be convicted of murder. No real ped testing and he kills a guy, with ped testing he can not win.

Still, if Kov has no ped testing he is a challenge to anyone. It is only when there is testing that he fails.
                    Is what your saying a fact
                    Or you just throwing this out there

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      Boxing journalists keep on asking him about Ward and bringing him up. He doesn’t just bring him up from nowhere if not asked about him.
                      wARD TOOK His Aura and confidence in the 2nd bout...,

but give Alverez credit. He went to school on Wards' victories...

Alverez was patient and takes a good Wack...Good Whiskers...

Stevenson was smart to avoid him...Colombiano the Real Deal...

Comment

Working...
                      X