Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
    if that isn’t sarcasm, then GTFO LOL!

If you saw Alvarez last fight you knew he was a hell of a good fighter.

Not sure the odds but this reminds me betting wise of Pac vs. Barrera. Most had no idea how good Pac was until that performance. I was one, I lost some money just trying to get easy action. This night I told my friend to bet Alaverez he was a really live dog.
    I mean it was obvious watching tonight that Alvarez is a good fighter, hope people give him his due.

First few rounds his speed meant Kov couldn't square him up. After he slowed a little was Kov's best chance to take him out in those 4-6 rounds and that is where he did his best work.

Unfortunately for Kov Alvarez was fresher after that and Kov never really looked comfortable in there against him. Hopefully we see some big fights at 175 in the next 1-2 years

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
      I don't know why punchers usually punch themselves out.
      Kovalev for all intents of purposes cause have fault cautiously, landed some nice right hands and then brought it back to the center of the ring again for more of the same. When he did the barrage against Alvarez and didn't knock him out I knew immediately he'd be tired after that. Guys that were alcoholics(which Kovalev most likely was) typically have horrible stamina, and he's been drinking for a while and is older.
      When that happened I wrote that this could mean trouble for Kov. It looked like he blew his load after that onslaught....His stamina is horrible. Maybe it's the drinking and smoking BUT maybe it's his genetic predisposition...Probably a combo of both those things, however, there's absolutely no good reason for a pro fighter to get drunk, until he's retired. Maybe now Kov can focusing on drinking (his true love).

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
        was probably their strategy
        Could very well be. He definitely attacked more in that round. Was that the first right hand he threw with any convinction?

Comment

• Andre SOG Ward took this losers SOUL and Eleider Alvarez sent it to the Deities Realm.
          HAHA got ko'd by a "monkey"

Comment

• These folks keep bringing up Ward instead of actually just congratulating Alvarez and keeping it moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
              Dude he's really not though...Alvarez just isn't American...there is no money in hyping some black Colombian dude who can't speak English.

Skills wise he is better than Ward. He was a much tougher test for Kov tonight that Ward was in either fight. Ward has always gotten by on the black American privilege and he has never really clearly beaten any good fighter in his life, just truth bro.
              What is the black American privilege that award has gotten by on, lmmfao...!!!???

Comment

• Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                Yeah Alvarez is more skilled than Ward lol what drugs you smoking
                ward isn't a great boxer. not at all. thats why he always resorted to fouling against tough competition but not when he fought guys like paul smith or brand. he didnt have to cheat against those guys but when someone was putting him under pressure or giving him problems he had that safety valve of being able to wrestle and clinch nonstop. alvarez probably can't do that and some people would say those illegal tactics are skills and maybe they are but they arent legit boxing skills. in pure boxing skills alvarez might be better but in the sport of boxing ith the politics behind ward no he isnt as skilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  ward ko'd kovalev with low blows though. hows does that affect his chin? sure he hurt him before that but kovalev was wobbling all over the ring against darnell boone as well so did boone ruin his chin?
                  The knockout was a result of the right hand that Ward landed. Kovalev's legs were completely gone as a result of that punch and he didn't want anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
                    These folks keep bringing up Ward instead of actually just congratulating Alvarez and keeping it moving.
                    It's just butthurtness. They can't fathom the so called soft punching Ward possibly being the guy who finished Kov even though Alvarez may have, lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                      i forgot how to do a prive message on here lol

anyways here you go

http://buffstreamz.com/watch/mma-21.php
                      Thanks again
                      The mma stream is not working for me though

Comment

Working...
                      X